Deleted

Downscaled LFR gear vs Ilvl 496 PVP gear in instanced PVP

Hi, guys,

Which is better at the moment for arenas/battlegrounds? Honor gear (ilvl 496) or LFR gear (ilvl 506, or was it 507 this week)? I have 4 grevious pieces for the PVP bonuses and grevious weapon, so the question is mainly about offpieces.

I find it hard to determine if the pvp power is worth the loss of 10 or so ilvls.

Thanks in advance for the input.

I've been mildly successful using some PVE peices where I don't have grievous. Probably depends greatly on spec though.

Without a significant ammount of PvP power, your damage output or healing really sucks in Bgs or Arena. You will never be able to kill almost any descent player without at least 30% PvP power. I am trying to gear my Mage for PvP and I join random Bgs with a 4 set Tyranical and all the rest gear 561 level from raiding. I can't kill anything and it sucks. My Pyroblasts hit for 15-20K.... on the other hand, my Disc Priest has 47% PvP power and I do more damage as a healer than I do on my Mage.

I just used wowhead's item comparison tool and the 522 main set pieces and weapon are 10259 PvP Power combined. 522 Trinkets are 2392 power, more than all of the off pieces combined. The honor off pieces are only 2086 combined. The lion's share of pvp power comes from the set bonus, weapon and trinkets. The power on the actual gear is pretty low.

I would just use the pve pieces in cloak, ring, necklace, wrist, belt, boots until you get pvp replacements.