Thread: Men's Pill

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Men's Pill

I came across this article today and found it interesting:
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/health/20...-than-10-years

What I didn't think much of was the comments buy the few women posters, what are people's thought's on both the article and comments?
    Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

No thanks, Ill pass on the pill.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanks120y View Post
    What I didn't think much of was the comments buy the few women posters, what are people's thought's on both the article and comments?
    Indeed. Those were amusing.

I don't see why this would even remotely be a bad thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

I'd take it if there was without a doubt that it would cause harm to me. More equality between men and women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow fuck why did we have to make this thread about fucking gender stereotypes or representation or whatever the fuck by talking about the asinine comments on the article? We've got more then enough threads dedicated to that shit going on right now. Can't we just talk about how fucking great this pill would be? Wearing condoms during sex is lame. Or maybe im just too cheap to buy decent ones
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Wow fuck why did we have to make this thread about fucking gender stereotypes or representation or whatever the fuck by talking about the asinine comments on the article? We've got more then enough threads dedicated to that shit going on right now. Can't we just talk about how fucking great this pill would be? Wearing condoms during sex is lame. Or maybe im just too cheap to buy decent ones
    If its your wife then get fixed. If its just a girlfriend or some chick you met at a bar wear a condom to prevent any chance of getting diseases.

It would solve a tremendous amount of problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Shanks120y View Post
    I came across this article today and found it interesting:
    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/health/20...-than-10-years

I wouldn't ponder much at comments containing less than 10 words. Often it only shows that the person in question holds an opinion with little or no factual reasons to hold them in the first place.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    If its your wife then get fixed. If its just a girlfriend or some chick you met at a bar wear a condom to prevent any chance of getting diseases.
    exactly the same way a women's pill would work.. hmmmm

I wouldn't trust it personally. Seems like something that would definitely have negative side effects.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I wouldn't trust it personally. Seems like something that would definitely have negative side effects.
    Why do you think that?

Lots of medicines don't have negative side effects. The female pill just happens to have a bunch. Obviously it could be crap, or it could be like aspirin.

A male pill is long overdue. I'm absolutely sick of my only birth control options being: condom. Fucking Christ. Those were the same options a thousand years ago.

It wouldn't have the condom breaking risk, but also wouldn't have the benefit of additional STD protection.

I say, make it anyway, just make sure there aren't some awful side effects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

It would be pretty good if it doesnt have hormonal side effects. The female pill isnt like that.

I'd take it without hesitation, mood swings or no. Of course, if it's over a decade away, it won't do me much good. I want a quick fix.

A pill for men sounds like a brilliant idea to me. I know a few guys who opted for vasectomies because they were absolutely sure they didn't want any scions: a pill would let them change their mind some day in the future, and would require somewhat less dedication. Condoms work, but they don't work 100% of the time, and who's gunna complain about a second line of defense? Also less need to worry about whether the girl is taking her medication properly, as it is possible to mess these things up (plus I also know a least two women who can't take BC for medical reasons).

Now about the whole problem of our society being structured in such a way that having kids is seen as a burden... that might take a bit more than a pill. I guess I can talk, I'd do unspeakable things to be able to get pregnant, but it is not to be.
    Last edited by gonterf; 2013-12-03 at 07:43 AM.

It be nice to have an even field as far as, THE PILL, goes.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Deleted
    I'm fine but thanks.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey I work at that Uni!

OT: Personally I'd wait for a few years of the pill being readily available before I'd try it and if I did try the pill early I'd deposit some sperm before hand (not the best phrase to use I know).

Deleted
    I would never trust a man with something as important as this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deyana View Post
    I would never trust a man with something as important as this.
    And they say women can't be sexist
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.