Thread: Men's Pill

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyana View Post
    I would never trust a man with something as important as this.
    Sexism.

Seriously though, I would probably end up forgetting to take it.

Not much to think about. Just let it be developed if it works.
    All these people here are pretending like there's not already a pill like this for women.

Guess what, when it comes to child rights (asin, the adult who has the rights over the child) the women are extremely ahead of men.
    Men have close to no rights when it comes to adoption or birth. Kindoff unfair to also put the responsibility of not having a child on a group who already has no rights over the child itself if it does get concieved/born.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Deleted
    Why would you not?

10+ Year Old Account
    "In less than 10 years"

Really? Is this supposed to be impressive? Because I'm pretty sure it's been talked about for far longer at this point. This kind of pill just doesn't come across as being something that should be that ridiculously hard to figure out. /sigh

Comments... Well if they are with a man they can't trust like that then I guess they have poor choice in men. Honestly this pill would be a very good thing for both genders. Take part of the medication-based burden off of women (or at least it can be equally shared), if a women can't take it for one reason or another a couple would have a new better option, and most importantly men will have an option for more control over their reproductive choices. If he has bad taste in women, well at least he's safe from some girl trying to trick him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Many of the women I know who take birth control tend to gain a bit of weight from how the pills effect their body, can't say I'd be too thrilled with the idea of gaining weight if the male equivalent had a similar effect.
    Lame vanity? I know.
    I'll stick with the pull out method, tyvm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gonterf View Post
    I know a few guys who opted for vasectomies because they were absolutely sure they didn't want any scions: a pill would let them change their mind some day in the future.
    Note that a vasectomy IS reversible: it's a kind a gel that it injected to prevent the sperm to go out. But it can be removed with a simple operation.
    So you can very well get a vasectomy when you're 25-35 and get it reversed at 35 if you want children, no problem.

But yeah, this man pill is very needed anyhow, as vasectomy is still a (light) chirurchical operation ! Some woman can have strange reaction toward baby/pregnancy: we've all heard of this stories where the girl stop taking the pill without telling her boyfriend because she wants a baby. Sometimes just because she's affraid of loosing him so she think a baby will strenghten the couple.

Deleted
    Id be down for this

Deleted
    I'd take it without question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Have fun with your kids then.
    I do, thanks :3

Deleted
    I get where you're coming from, both in a sarcastic way and not... then again my sister regularly complains about forgetting to take her pill :P

Anyhow, the point of this is that today the only way men can in any way affect birth control etc is with a condom, and ... well.... Condoms are horrible when it comes to sex :P Sure diseases but.... I don't really sleep with people I don't already trust to be clean.

However should it happen, I would like to be able to make sure that there is little to no risk of me becoming an unwilling parent. There are women who lies about being on the pill in order to get a kid, yeah... It doesn't make much sense but it happens. So in short, I want to be able to have control without getting "fixed" or using a condom, so this pill is awesome.

The only "safe" thing that i trust is pulling out in time. Just cant leave anything to risk and having some girl show on my door saying i am pregnant, not gonna risk that even if its only 0,000001%.

Deleted
    Where do you people who trust in pulling out come from? What kind of backwater hicksville teaches this shit?
    If you want to get technical about it, everything shows that it's good if you actually do it right.

Besides, lol. It's not like I can even trust women with my food yet alone not trying to get pregnant in their hormonal hazes. But I suppose we'll see how feasible this is in a decade.
    Last edited by mmoc9109f27466; 2013-12-03 at 09:32 AM. Reason: additional content

Deleted
    If it works, I'd get this ASAP. I'm tired of hormonal contraceptives playing tricks on my gf's sex drive...
    if its without side effects, why not, but always know: pharmacy wil lalways play down on sideeffects. noone knows what happens wehn sperm is "stuck somewhere" in the garage not transported for ejaculation. theres a reason why we feel an "urge" to release that things. what happens if sperm is produuced, but not released? noone knwos those effects, mice dont live long enough and werent tested THAT LONG. also noone will know about silent-side effects that are possible with such medications, as it were back then with womens pill.

dont fall to easy for a medication. also it would surely rise the STD ocurrences cause most ppl or men today take condoms for the purpose of not becoming a father (when women trick you into that shit) i think its better to be very careful before taking medications, and thats for women as well as for men. there are other, maybe less effective ways, but, they will be suficient, if you dont hook up everyone on the street.

people these day tend to take pills for not getting pregnant and for having preemtive medication "against" hiv than to take a condom. thats not so good cause hell noone really knows what the MIXTURE of all those damn chemicals is doing to us.

womens pill for example interferes with heart medications and also can cause heartattacks and such. that hasnt been said in ads back then?!

Its ridiculous for men to take a pill. Women will eventually not be able to bear fruit after a certain age anyways.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    And they say women can't be sexist
    It's not sexist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreaz View Post
    Sexism.

Seriously though, I would probably end up forgetting to take it.
    Again, it's not sexist.
    But you admit I was right though.

If women could get pregnant of other women too and I'd be bi, I'd not trust my female-boyfriend with it either.

Quote Originally Posted by Polgara View Post
    Why would you not?
    Because for them it will be just "oops" while I'd be the one dealing with consequences and getting on that abortion table. I would be so mad that I'd probably dump the guy. So I find it a smart thing to take care of my own body myself.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    And they say women can't be sexist
    I'd say unless it's a man you implicitly trust, you'd be a fool to merely take his word on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Its ridiculous for men to take a pill. Women will eventually not be able to bear fruit after a certain age anyways.
    Then they can stop taking the fucking pills after that happens, Einstein.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    In fact, I quite like it and I would consider it an abuse to inflict my child with a foreskin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You don't appear to understand how it works...they don't stick it on when the baby is born.

Thats an honest answer, just like we didn't trust you with more than cooking and cleaning and getting raped for 10 000 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because for them it will be just "oops" while I'd be the one dealing with consequences and getting on that abortion table.
    Or ya know...
    http://www.planbonestep.com/about-plan-b-one-step.aspx

And it can end up being a bit more than an "oops" for a guy, considering he'd be stuck with the bill of paying for a child for the next 18 years.
    More like an "oh, god. fuck me running"
    Last edited by Boreaz; 2013-12-03 at 09:52 AM.

It's not sexist.

Again, it's not sexist.
    For future reference, the non sexist comment would be "I wouldn't trust my partner with this".

You opted for I wouldn't trust A MAN with this, you sexist pig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    For future reference, the non sexist comment would be "I wouldn't trust my partner with this".
    I second this.