Thread: Men's Pill

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoou View Post
    that is bizarre, I have never heard of an age limit or a 1 child thing to get an IUD this pill is downright terrible IMO.. is it your only option at this point? I was 24 when I got my 10 year, maybe 25 but I had had 2 children.
    The pill doesn't work for me either. We use the pull out method, HUEHUEHUE and other methods (insert imagination here) to otherwise circumvent this problem. We used condoms (I'm allergic to latex...so they got pricey/annoying) for the first year and a half. I'm too close to the south, perhaps. In Oregon, this wasn't an issue. I'm in MD at this time. I should have gotten one straight out of HS.

It also costs 1,200 without insurance. Yes, that's right. That's the cheapest I can find. And it makes me laugh, since it's not a hospital procedure.

Still cheaper than a child. =)

Deleted
    My original comment was more of a why is the pill still so common when it is the most annoying and problematic birth control out there =P
    Mhm! I forgot to take it at times, got pregnant due to that. Not fun at all. Tried nuvaring for a while afterwards then Cerazette and now I've got the Mirena IUD instead. No more forgetting to take it, thankfully.

10+ Year Old Account
    My original comment was more of a why is the pill still so common when it is the most annoying and problematic birth control out there =P
    Lack of information and the USA still being a place where Cuius regio, eius religio is trying to make a comeback.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    The pill doesn't work for me either. We use the pull out method, HUEHUEHUE and other methods (insert imagination here) to otherwise circumvent this problem. We used condoms (I'm allergic to latex...so they got pricey/annoying) for the first year and a half. I'm too close to the south, perhaps. In Oregon, this wasn't an issue. I'm in MD at this time. I should have gotten one straight out of HS.

It also costs 1,200 without insurance. Yes, that's right. That's the cheapest I can find. And it makes me laugh, since it's not a hospital procedure.

Still cheaper than a child. =)
    Ill post it again, editted while you were responding. You can try buying big bags of ovulation strips online and sort of know when NOT to have sex and yea the IUD is expensive without insurance but most republican states even offer it. I live in South Dakota and I could have gotten it here free but they only offer so many per year and at the time I only needed mine out.. was like year 11 of the 10 year one lol. Also.. sign up for Obamacare, its better than not having anything! and it should def be covered.. hopefully the age thing or 1 child thing still wont apply.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps they should try and find new versions of pills for both sexes. As for me being hormonal on the pill.

See me when I don't take my meds. I feel like a ticking time bomb.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I would still stick to condoms. But its nice its an option at least for both sexes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still not big enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Still not big enough.
    sad comment is sad. and off topic.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

as I had to tell my gf last night if they can make a male pill that a) doesn't make retarded babies b) won't give me prostate cancer, then I might think about using it.

I am dubious as to how effective it would ever be though, compared to the women's pill. Controlling egg release is certainly less complicated than turning millions of sperm inert.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    but men are supposed to trust women with it?

women never forget? or worse, intentionally stop taking the pill, then lie to there partner or not tell them they want to be pregnant?
    oh wait.
    No one is supposed to trust anyone with it. It's all personal choice and while there are women like that - I'm the opposite. Even just thinking about getting pregnant makes me sick, so it's obvious that I don't trust anyone with something that would affect me that much. I'm not dumb enough to trust people blindly with my physical and mental health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deyana View Post
    Oh look, someone's mad. I trust my boyfriend with cooking and cleaning though, someone has to do it.

A guy who knows me enough to have naughty times with me will know that I'm not going to get children and just leave the money aside, a child is so much more of a burden for a woman than a man. And yeah I'd never risk with a guy being careless or thinking "whatever, she will have an abortion anyway".

I'm a heterosexual woman, so my partner is A MAN, you mouthbreather.
    The first 9 months maybe, and even then I'd say your full of shit. Stop acting like males can just walk it off and don't have to deal with anything when "the mistake" happens.

Unless you are talking about 16 years who are idiots on both ends, at that age a girl is probably screwed harder then the boy.

The real question is, would said pills be covered by insurance like most female 'options' are? Since condoms arent covered by insurance like they maybe should be...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am dubious as to how effective it would ever be though, compared to the women's pill. Controlling egg release is certainly less complicated than turning millions of sperm inert.
    Hence why we've been waiting 60-ish years longer for one.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    What are your experiences with the hormonal IUD this far? We're planning with my gf to switch her hormone implant to IUD this month. We're kinda hoping it would be better since the IUD releases about 5 times less protestogen when compared to the implant, and since my gf's sex drive is pretty much non-existant at this point we're a bit desperate.
    I haven't really had it for long, was recently that I got it but I've had no problems with it that have been bothersome, I've had some cramping, bleeding and spotting. It hurt like hell to get it inserted though. Almost fainted aswell.

Relieved that I won't have to be worried about forgetting pills or getting a new ring inserted. Hoping it'll make the period go away totally.

Deleted
    Last time I read about this pill, the dose required for it to be effective had a site effect of liver failure (very rapid so). The problem we got is that no drug is 100% effective. The female pill is rated at "over 99%", so if 1 in every 100 eggs open up the chance of pregnancy, that is once every 9 or so years (fyi, this statistic also accounts for human error, like forgetting to take the pill, incorrect usage of the pill etc). For males, getting 99% of the blighters isn't enough since you still got a couple 100k or so still there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Already working on mice, screw 10 years start human trials now.
    I volunteer!
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I wouldn't trust the other person to take it, and I don't mean that in any bad way, it's just I am female, and If I were in casual non serious sexual relationships, and didn't want a child, then I would take my share of the responsibility for not having it happen. I'd be the one carrying said child, and having to put my body through distressing stuff If I were to fall pregnant, there isn't the same pressure on say a male partner, physical wise.

So unless it was a partner that I was either married to, or in a serious and trustworthy relationship, I would still take responsibility myself.

I do think more forms of protection against unwanted pregnancies is good however. And there are men out there that would be responsible and take it, I just don't think I would feel safe leaving it up to my partner to make sure they took it regular.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    The real question is, would said pills be covered by insurance like most female 'options' are? Since condoms arent covered by insurance like they maybe should be...
    Condoms are given out freely from Health Clinics here, not sure where you are from though, so I couldn't say.