Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    druid vs monk stuff
    For comparison, using myself vs Ariellè for monk vs bear

A 1M damage hit on both of us would deal 179,317 after shuffle (w/mastery)+armor+native DR for me, and 230,958 for him. I know raid buffed w/food+flask+shaman buff I peak just over 1m hp. So even if we're both at 1m hp, he takes a large chunk of health per hit than I would. Then again, I'm also at 14k+ mastery.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dimzum View Post
    I fail at the maths. I have 6.5k Mastery or 11.84% unbuffed. Throw on the 3k mastery and I'm at roughly 15%
    And that's on a crit heavy (almost 17k) build. I could easily dump a chunk of that into mastery and laugh the hard hitting bosses.
    Exactly. I pushed myself to 14k mastery before buff so I could easily tank Malkorok with just the Malk trinket. I'll probably drop 3k mastery for more crit. But I probably wouldn't ever go below 11k again, higher mastery just makes me feel better. I am of the "stay alive and take damage" as opposed to "I DO THE DAMAGES!" camp. As I get more and more on farm, I'm sure I'll slowly move back towards crit but probably not until Garrosh 25H is down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    I am of the "stay alive and take damage" as opposed to "I DO THE DAMAGES!" camp.
    As every 25H tank should be really. However for us 10H tanks, "I DO THE DAMAGES!" can often mean the difference between beating the berserk timer, and running back from another wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    As every 25H tank should be really. However for us 10H tanks, "I DO THE DAMAGES!" can often mean the difference between beating the berserk timer, and running back from another wipe.
    I think it's more what does your raid need/handle? I know many times my dps does make the difference. If, however, someone is in a raid where the DPS is spectacular but healing is lacking (or the BrM is undergeared) then a survival setup might be more appealing regardless of 10 or 25.

Raid bosses aren't tuned THAT tightly.

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to push crit to beat berserk timers. If you're having issues in that regards look at your dps instead of your tank =0

That aside, someone was asking earlier if stagger had been fixed in the combat log and it has not. It's more to do with how that damage is classified and how the spell works underneath than how it's recorded. The damage is counted as an absorb because that's exactly what it is. That 60% or so is absorbed by shuffle and then is bled back to you over time unless that is purified off. For shuffle to work correctly you still have to log all the incoming damage instead of just shoving it to the side. Unfortunately I doubt that blizzard will fix this rather minor issue when the game with such a mechanic runs so smooth.

My best suggestion is that if someone looks at the logs and starts pointing fingers you sit them down and explain what's happening behind the scenes. =/ (I had to do this the other night for a new member of our raid team)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kourvith View Post
    This. I ran half a dungeon yesterday with no healer, was fine. Monk is extremely dependant to player's skill and timing, and it's done by design (even for healer spec). This was already a bit of the case with DK, but for Monk it's more than ever.
    That's not a good reason. Most tanks can solo most dungeons at this point int he expansion. My Warrior can, and they're not even that great at soloing bosses in terms of tanks.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I may have to go full time tank for my group (10 man). I have followed the philosophy of stacking crit, but could it possibly be beneficial to the group to stack mastery instead, to make healing easier? This assumes there are no berserk timer issues.

Also if more mastery would be better than more elusive brew.

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    I may have to go full time tank for my group (10 man). I have followed the philosophy of stacking crit, but could it possibly be beneficial to the group to stack mastery instead, to make healing easier? This assumes there are no berserk timer issues.

Also if more mastery would be better than more elusive brew.
    It's really up to you. Are healers having a hard time keeping your health up? Are you getting insta-gibbed frequently? If yes, is it a playstyle problem or do you undergear the content?

In normal content (especially 10 man) Mastery stacking isn't really needed. Just play around with it and get a feel for it. If you want a safety net for getting a better idea of how to play, you may be better stacking haste higher than 4.5k versus mastery. Not having shuffle up will kill you faster than not enough mastery.

Yeah, part of it is because I haven't really played BrM since the beginning of the expansion and where my WW play is second nature, my BrM play isn't quite there. With the low haste I never noticed a time where I would have an issue keeping up shuffle except for me derping and forgetting to prioritize BoK correctly because of not being totally used to the spec. I wouldn't be opposed to gearing mastery for now to make things easy for the healers while I learn the flow and crit later.
    Last edited by BrioWoW; 2013-12-05 at 09:22 PM.

If you are having troubles with the flow, higher mastery isn't going to help you. Higher haste would (though it takes a lot of haste to increase your chi/min).

Run some 5mans, heroic scenarios and such. Get a weak auras to track KS, BoK, shuffle etc. The stats aren't going to make you play better, they just enhance how well you place. Having more haste gives you some leeway for slacking on shuffle. Having more mastery allows you to tackle harder hitting bosses and go above and beyond stacks that should be taunted off. Having higher crit means bigger heals, and more dps.