Deleted

Questions about ranked games in the pre-season.

So I just wonder what the point is to play ranked games in the pre-season. Someone told me that even if you get to a certain tier (ex. gold), it is still to late to earn the Gold Frame around your portrait, or any of the rewards for achieving the tier.
    Someone also told me that everyone will start fresh from Bronze in the next season, but I am not sure if that is correct.

Is this true or is it just like it used to be in season 3?
    What is the difference in playing ranked now?
    Can you still get the Frames and rewards for reaching a certain tier?

10+ Year Old Account
    You will not get frames or rewards.

It will keep you in practise for the coming season.

Additionally, your MMR at the start of the next season will be used as a starting point next season. There won't be a full reset of Elo / MMR, just a soft reset (with a flattening of the tiers, so people don't instantly start at Challenger again). Being gold (or higher) now will carry over, which will avoid the scenario of Diamond level players crushing Wood 5 players on their way out of the placement matches.

Deleted
    You don't get any ranked rewards until the end of next season

You don't start from bronze once season 4 starts, you only get a soft reset which pulls you towards default elo which is like low silver or something

Deleted
    Playing ranked now increases (or decreases) your Matchmaking rating (MMR). There will be a soft reset which will balance the MMRs but if you're bronze/silver/gold this is unlikely to affect you much.

Your MMR determines what players you will face and what players you face determines where you're placed.

Once the season starts, you play 10 games to determine your initial placement.

Last season for example, I had a bronze mmr starting off, I played 10 games, I won 6, I lost 4, I was placed Bronze 2. A friend, who started with a gold rating, went 5-5 and ended Silver 1. So your MMR can have a decent affect on where you're placed which is why people are continuing to play ranked ,even though you can't get any rewards. Since my MMR is now in the gold 3 range, next season, if I go 6-4 again, I'll likely start high silver but it's possible to be placed straight into gold - which is what a lot of people will be aiming for.