Page 1 of 2
LastLast

About the Dark Animus solo

I'm always impressed at solo videos and how they are done, however in this particular case I suspect there is some foul play involved. I don't understand how the Animus sits on 96/100 Anima for the entire fight, thus completely eliminating the soft enrage mechanic and making it look not all that hard at all. The hard enrage isn't exactly tight, assuming they could kite the small bots for long enough at the start I'm sure just about anyone could do it.

If there are 25 small adds each with 4/4 Anima each on the pull, why is the Siphon Anima somehow not picking up this missing 4 Anima? If this was a legit strategy then why the hell did we waste months and months messing around with the Massive Anima Golem, when clearly we didn't need to?

It's been explained in a few threads already... but basically you kill an inactive golem (200-300k life) as the anima orb explodes and the anima is roaming to the golems to activate them, so basically...

Orb explodes..
    anima starts roaming to golems to activate them
    kill inactive golem in 1 hit or so - anima jumps from inactive, to the golem which is about to be activated from the roaming anima...

Roaming anima goes nowhere due to the target already being activated... All possible due to inactive golems already having anima before the orbs anima connects with the `activated` golems.

EDIT: the "months" of time was for heroic, i hope. Which is going to be different in a solo scenario due to there being over 150 anima.

That surely reads like an exploit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvy View Post
    old content, who cares.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

clever usage of game mechanics often called exploits

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    old content, who cares.
    Exactly. Raegwyn is one of the best solo-content raiders there is, and will always look for clever uses of in-game mechanics to get over certain "mathematical impossibilities". Considering Raegwyn has heroic garrosh on farm, this isn't really a game-breaking "exploit".

Just like the warlock soloing Immerseus. Any (ranged) class with a pet and enough dmg reduction/self-heals can sit there for 30+ minutes soloing Immerseus if they wanted to. Some may call it an exploit, but I am always impressed with methods people come up with!

old content, who cares.
    Well, it's still only a tier behind. Then again, I guess that has counted as old content ever since Wrath.

I'm pretty certain if this had been done when the content was current, it would have been deemed an exploit. Being old content or not does not change the definition of an exploit.

I'm pretty certain if this had been done when the content was current, it would have been deemed an exploit. Being old content or not does not change the definition of an exploit.
    1. It's not an exploit
    2. Yeah, but it wasn't done during current for what we know so who cares?
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The line between "clever use of game mechanics" and "bug exploit" is pretty thin...
    Still, this seems like a bug to me, since I'm sure it's never intended for anyone to be able to bypass enrage like this.
    It might not be a bannable offense, but it's still using a bug IMO.
    Old Gods made me do it.

meh old boss and hes a dk not supriesed in the slightest, a class that can faceroll anything old, reguardless of how old.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    meh old boss and hes a dk not supriesed in the slightest, a class that can faceroll anything old, reguardless of how old.
    afaik the strategy was from a warlock who got it to 20%. I imagine any tank can do this.

afaik the strategy was from a warlock who got it to 20%. I imagine any tank can do this.
    guess the vengance change next xpac should change any chance of it happening then

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt the Vengeance change will make much difference, Vengeance gained from a TOT normal boss is pretty low and tank base damage would be increased, so the net effect would probably mean it's still just as viable. If Vengeance still affects heals, then it'd probably be even easier to go back to previous tiers and solo.

Soloing current content perhaps not
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Quote Originally Posted by Zabuzan View Post
    I doubt the Vengeance change will make much difference, Vengeance gained from a TOT normal boss is pretty low and tank base damage would be increased, so the net effect would probably mean it's still just as viable. If Vengeance still affects heals, then it'd probably be even easier to go back to previous tiers and solo.

Soloing current content perhaps not
    Vengeance is pretty much non-existent on Animus since they nerfed vengeance from additional mobs. I was tanking two linked adds and the boss on ten man heroic a month or so ago and didn't go above 150k AP (before the patch I would see 600k AP total).

10+ Year Old Account
    If you look on the Raegwyn video, he's at about 70-80k AP for that solo, so most of his DPS is stemming from base stats on his gear.

When we progressed on this fight, I'd tank 3 Smalls at the start and hit Vengeance cap at ~750k AP. We did a 10HC TOT clear a couple of weeks ago and zerged Animus, with 3 Smalls and the boss on me from the start, I only hit ~170k AP.
    <Judge> Alonsus-EU. 6/8M Uldir
    Prot Paladin
    RECRUITING FOR BFA!

Deleted
    Don't forget he has 1 Anima Ring debuff up most of the time so the tank damage is still moderate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its actually easier for monks to do I think since we can teleport out of the anima ring and not get the debuff and we can kite the adds easier and shouldn't have to sacrifice the boot slot for the rocketboots. After watching this video I was thinking I might actually use this strat for when I'm in a ToT normal pug on animus, might be easier than getting 9 pugs to behave properly. (plus monks don't have to rely on vengeance as much for decent dps)

Warriors say "Screw everyone's self heals D:".

But yeah, DKs and Monks should "easily" be able to do it. Relatively.

Deleted
    The original video explains it in the description. Second poster has the correct explanation as well for your pleasure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Just as a sidenote, the person you should credit for the strategy is Snowball (the same warlock who did Immerseus.).
    The original video also gives credit to the warlock in the description.