Quick Garrosh Question:

Is it possible to do two phase transitions without Garrosh reaching 25 energy? If so, are there insane DPS requirements or would 6 people at 200k+ dps be able to do it?

Clarification: 10m Normal.

Yes it is possible. We do it every week. We get 1 transition the whole fight. 1 Tank, 2 Heals, 7 DPS. Everyone is looking at about 240-300k+ DPS.
    We get 1 transition in the beginning of phase two, and then push him to phase 3 15-20 seconds before the second transition.

PS: We're all about 568-571~
    Warrior Tank. RDruid/Monk healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    But that's not his question, his question is if you get 2 transitions can you keep him under 25 energy.

Lowest I've seen after 2 transitions is 31, but we were even conservative on that attempt. If you got Terrace and Jade Temple I think it might be doable, Chi-Ji takes a bit longer though. But it'd be risky. Terrace is quick for me because I use my rocket belt and tiger's lust and get up the stairs super fast, I bet if I killed them quick and just taunted I could do it in under 12 energy, but that would risk the raid getting gibbed, not worth it IMO.

Oh, sorry - misread it - uhmm - I mean - if you have the DPS to do that, wouldn't you probably only be getting one anyway? I'm not really sure how it works 'cause we've blown through it ever since we killed it the first time.

I think it is probably doable if you go suuuuuper fast, I don't see why not. Its just based on how quickly you kill adds - so kill them ridiculously fast and you got it.

Alright thanks. We're having problems with adds but we're running 3 healers because our OT is a little under geared. Was hoping we could somehow push through 2 phase transitions quickly as to not deal with the adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    Alright thanks. We're having problems with adds but we're running 3 healers because our OT is a little under geared. Was hoping we could somehow push through 2 phase transitions quickly as to not deal with the adds.
    You get 35 seconds to push Garrosh to the P3 transition before he casts the first Whirling Corruption.

I think I'd agree with Runee that, if you have the DPS to clear 2 transition phases fast enough to get <13 energy, you'd have enough DPS to be pushing him to P3 before the 2nd transition anyway. We usually push him to P3 with only 1 Empowered Whirling Corruption going off after the 2nd transition- if you aren't pushing him faster than my group is, and it sounds like you're not, I doubt you have the dps to get <13 energy per transition.

If you really, really want to push for it, save cooldowns for the transitions and druid roars as well. It might work?

Deleted
    I think it's coded so that it's not possible. We use 2 tanks, 2 healers and 6 DPS. And a lot of times we clear everything in 2nd transition and then we have to wait a few seconds, just so it goes on 25 energy before the shield disappears. I usually notice this in Jade Temple one. Could be that it just feels like that, but I've been like all excited a few times to see it go under 25 energy and then we suddenly have to wait a bit more just so it gets 25+.

Yeh it is understandable. I'm totally against 3 healing it, even with an undergeared tank, just let your MT do a bulk of the work (take extra stacks, hold him during whirls, etc.) and kinda just have the OT as a backup incase something bad happens - and run 2 healers - and you should be able to do it easily.

But that isn't what you're asking - so we won't get into that :P and Endre gave a good explanation of it.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by RuneeBH View Post
    Yeh it is understandable. I'm totally against 3 healing it, even with an undergeared tank, just let your MT do a bulk of the work (take extra stacks, hold him during whirls, etc.) and kinda just have the OT as a backup incase something bad happens - and run 2 healers - and you should be able to do it easily.
    I'd agree that the fight got significantly easier once we swapped to 2 healers, even though we were feeling like we "needed" the third healer to deal with the damage from the Whirls, etc. We spent 6+ hours stuck in Phase 2, then got him in 3 attempts after swapping to two heals. I would highly recommend trying it.

With bloodlust, we're ending the first phase 2 with him at ~45%. We really need to drop a healer. Thanks.

while this doesnt answer your question, my tip is to go 2 healers. higher dps makes the fight so much easier :P

With high dps (use CDs) and properly split groups it is possible to push less than 25 energy in two heart phases. Many 25 mans were doing this early in progression. My 10 man group wasn't able to achieve it, since we were more concerned about making sure everyone had orbs, it took too much time. We haven't downed him in a few weeks due to pushing heroic progression, but I imagine we could get it now with the increased dps.

Two heals is definitely the way to go for 10 man. It makes things much much easier imo.