Rebound relationship or not?

I started talking to this girl off and on 3 and half months ago. She and her first ex were together over a year and he told her he wanted to see other girls, so he broke off the engagement. This happened about a year ago. 6 months ago, she dated a second guy who cheated on her throughout the relationship of 3 months.

I really like her, and I know she feels the same way, personality and looks. Past 3 and half months, all I see is sadness in her. I don't know what to do anymore.

How long would it take her to get over the cheating? Should I wait? She's very different from most girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarisus517 View Post
    I started talking to this girl off and on 3 and half months ago. She and her first ex were together over a year and he told her he wanted to see other girls, so he broke off the engagement. This happened about a year ago. 6 months ago, she dated a second guy who cheated on her throughout the relationship of 3 months.

I really like her, and I know she feels the same way, personality and looks. Past 3 and half months, all I see is sadness in her. I don't know what to do anymore.

How long would it take her to get over the cheating? Should I wait? She's very different from most girls.
    Highly doubt it.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    DUDE get help youve made 3 threads about the same crap you are are acting way too obsessive and creepy and being creepier than me is something to be afraid of.
    Last edited by Vizardlorde; 2013-12-04 at 12:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Highly doubt it.
    Exactly this. You need to meet more girls man. I don't mean to insult you, but no one is special. I'm not and the girl you're talking to isn't. You're wasting your time focusing on one girl when you could be meeting plenty of other girls.

I've been in your situation and if you ask her to go on a date with you and she says something about how she isn't ready, then just move on. It's not worth the heartache.

Deleted
    Well, if she means a lot to you it shouldn't be a problem for you to wait until she's over the cheating. Do things that will make her trust you more and she'll probably stop worrying about you cheating on her, in case she does that. Give her the time she needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    DUDE get help youve made 3 threads about the same crap you are are acting way too obsessive and creepy and being creepier than me is something to be afraid of.
    I'm just trying to work things out without killing myself, so if you don't want to give advice, move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizardlorde View Post
    This..... times 1000000000000..... you're a creeper bro.... hopefully things work out, just don't turn her into a lamp shade in your room.....

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I'm just trying to work things out without killing myself, so if you don't want to give advice, move on.
    If you are gona kill yourself because one girl rejected you (Ive been there and it was painful and embarrassing) then you need more help than I previously thought. GO get help, we are not psychologists nor relationship counselors or match makers get help from people whose jobs is helping people with problems like yours.
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

OP it's not worth waiting. Remember these are the best years of your life!

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd consider topping yourself over a relationship that you aren't even having?

I'd advise you to forget it.

I'd advise her to change her phone number and move.

You'd consider topping yourself over a relationship that you aren't even having?

I'd advise you to forget it.

I'd advise her to change her phone number and move.
    There are quite a bit of drama added in between us two.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    OP it's not worth waiting. Remember these are the best years of your life!
    I thought high school years were the best? I'm not trying to sleep around if that's what you meant best years.
    Last edited by Tarisus517; 2013-12-04 at 12:32 AM.

OP, you need to separate emotion from reality.

So, in Blade Runner, Eldon Tyrell says of replicants, "[T]hey are emotionally inexperienced, with only a few years in which to store up the experiences which you and I take for granted." I skipped a lot of opportunities to have silly, puppy-love relationships with girls in high school and in early college. Yes, I saved myself time and money on steadies that wouldn't have lasted, but I missed opportunities for teen angst while I was still a teen. I was totally unprepared for up-and-downs kids get when they see Sally drinking the proverbial chocolate malt with Johnny, and wasted a lot of time coming to grips with basic and utterly inaccurate feelings.

Women are great. Good romantic relationships are a blessing. But girls aren't worth getting hung up over.

Also: there's no such thing as riding to the rescue if an apparently bad relationship has been going on for more than 24 hours. To an extent, people seek the people they're with.

Is this the one you just made a closed thread on earlier that you so desperately wanted and now suddenly don't? Or a different one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Is this the one you just made a closed thread on earlier that you so desperately wanted and now suddenly don't? Or a different one?
    Yeah that would be him. "I'm a douche to my friend, and I don't get why this chick who I have been harassing to go out with me doesn't like me" is the gist of that one.