Tons of spirit/hit as ele

Anyone else getting a shit-ton of spirit/hit as ele? I've reforged away all the spirit I can and I'm still at 17% D: Is this normal? It feels odd having so much hit

I was at 21% at one point. Yes most of our gear has spirit/hit on it, but there are pieces without. With the perfect setup you'll be sitting at 15-16% ish I think.
    For me getting the ring from Thok and boots from Siegecrafter would solve my hit issues, but after killing them both 9 times on 25 man those still hasn't dropped at all. Have to sacrifice a virgin to the rng god for them to drop I guess.

Everyone goes through this at some point, in ToT when I had wushoolays I was coming up 20% hit.

Since being in BiS gear still sits you over hitcap, any items you have with spirit on that you can get without, will put you even further over.

To be fair, this sort of thing usually happens in end-tier.

I have never had this problem in SoO. Maybe i just got lucky with drops but if you get tier glove and helm, Dino ring, and black use boots you will find yourself in a good position for hit. You can even get gaze of arrogance ( even though it's not optimal crit rating is more useful than spirit over cap).

My question to people over cap is always he same; did you ditch your wooshleys? I find it causes the most issues for hit

You're going to have hit issues early on in the tier, but it doesn't last. Even without Blackfuse boots (I have HWF Protectors boots), I'm forced to use the spirit leg enchant over the crit one as a Draenei. The key is to get the tier gear as only the pants have any spirit on them. If you can get 5/5 tier (or 4/5 with the Galakras gloves) you significantly drop your spirit to the point where you might even find yourself not reforging off some of your spirit.

I'm sorry but everyone saying 'there's no such thing as hit problems' is wrong. Eg the hit-cap for a non Draenei is 5100.

Let's say we are just in plain full normal gear.

Purifed bindings adds 8% stats, so the new hit amount is 4722.

Hit then comes from:

1561 normal legs
    791 neck
    975 belt
    857 bracers
    462 mace
    667 shield
    805 ring

This equals 6118 spirit and this assumes you have managed to pull off getting full normal BiS (with a few exceptions) and doesn't include base spirit.

Heroic gear has over 10% more stats so you're looking more at 6776 to hit the now 4679 hit cap (from bindings HC). Admittedly you can reforge, and this gives you a leeway of ~600 spirit (not including gems or enchants).

Now you can look at that and go, hmm see it's perfectly possible to be hit-capped, it is possible, but I mean the second you get one piece that isn't BiS - ie boots/ring/overweighted hit neck; bang your miles over hit cap (the boots have 1k spirit even on normal).

This doesn't even include warforged!

It doesn't help that like nearly every single off-piece has spirit on it!!
    Last edited by Anzen; 2013-12-05 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    462 mace
    667 shield
    Easy fix for these two is gaze of arrogance, or at least using the Iron Juggernaught or Garrosh OHs

And I will easily admit that using a staff sucks, but sometimes its a better choice. I'm currently using Dark Shamans normal mace and Heroic IJ OH and Dark Shaman haste shoulders, and I'm right around 15% hit (all other pieces being mastery pieces or tier) at a 573 ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    This equals 6118 spirit and this assumes you have managed to pull off getting full normal BiS (with a few exceptions) and doesn't include base spirit.
    6118 spirit less 40% from reforging drops you to a mere 3670.

Using Heroic Mode Legs, Spoils Bracers/Belt, Sha Neck, and IJ Ring fully upgraded gives 5651 spirit (3390.6 after reforging), with a 60 spirit bonus from the Ring socket. Factor in an 8.5% bonus from Heroic 2/2 Bindings and you're at 3743.

If you want to include the Mace and Shield in your calculations, that's all well and good, but to neglect the fact that Gaze of Arrogance, Lever of the Megantholithic Apparatus, Juggernaut Power Core, and Revelations of Y'shaarj are available falls along the same problem of you saying "you've managed to get full BIS."

I agree with your final comment, that it doesn't help that every non-set piece has spirit on it. That is indeed frustrating, as it means that our 5/5 Tier gear is BIS with only a small increase from having HWF Galakras gloves.

While it's clear that my gear level is not as high as yours, we both have some less than ideal pieces. I'm using Heroic Warforged boots from Protectors that add 1150 spirit over the Siegecrafter ones. You are stuck with the Galak ring and Norushen shield. If you were to lose either of those two pieces, you would find yourself under the hitcap, despite full heroic gear and a couple warforged pieces (notably a less than ideal neckpiece). So yes, not having everything fall into place may push you to high hit rating, but were you not a draenei you'd be at only 15.5% with TWO pieces of heroic gear that have spirit when there are alternatives without it.

Compared to the previous tier, this tier is a godsend.
    Last edited by jimmyolsen; 2013-12-05 at 08:31 PM.

i figured blizzard are just retarded and clueless at shamans again, we have 3 choices of wrists, would it of killed them to give us just 1 without hit? everyone was seeing hit issues in 5.2 why did they flood our gear with spirit for 5.4?

trying to get an off-hand without spirit is a joke, i'd rather be 1% over hit cap taking a shield, than having it DE'd and taking an off-hand from someone in my raid with a worse one, lootwhoring never helped anyone progress.

Deleted
    All the spirit u get from gear+the amplify trinket from immerseus will get u overhitcapped quite easily. Even with BiS gear (as little hit as possible essentially) you still land on about 5400 hit rating

I offspec DPS on my Ele (in mostly resto gear with few good Ele pieces - staff, trinkets) and start my reforging down from 31% quite a lot of the time...it fills my soul with sadness! I just don't see a lot of Non-spirit mail drop in 10 man!