Deleted

Why does MMO-champion do this?

Alright when ever i click on a thread (even new ones, i never read before) it doesn't place me at the first comment or the newest comment. It places me at a random page at a random comment.

example. :i just clicked the thread "Why Do Some Think America has No Culture?" and it placed me at page 10 at a comment by someone named "Fahrenheit".

So after reading MMO-C for years, this have never really annoyed me since i only read 1-2 threads a day.
    But lately after quiting wow, i have started reading more and more (mainly because i still like wow and wants to keep up to date).
    This have started to annoying me a lot!!

Taken the early example i clicked the thread because it look interesting and because i could just see the flame war even before clicking on it.
    No offense to the guy named "Fahrenheit" but i didn't wanna read his post, that wasn't why i clicked the thread. I wanted to read the OP's post to figure out what this was about.

Is this just me this happens too?, because i notice it also happens to my friends..
    And if this happens to everyone why does it do that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't happen to me.

Deleted
    Good question. Happens to me too. Never really cared much for it, though, but yeah, it's weird if you think about it.

pretty sure its cause you was in that thread before
    when i enter thread that has many posts it usually put me in the last place i was
    no clue how it work really
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Deleted
    weird put me straight to page1 on this one

but yea happens to me too all the time, usually last page

Sure you havent opened that thread before?

When you click on a thread, it should start from the first NEW post.

Deleted
    Happens to me as well from time to time, mostly though it puts me at the OP on a thread i have never visited.

It happens all the time if you don't log in. If I'm just randomly browsing, it always takes me to the last post of the thread. If I log in, it takes me to the first post.

The system is designed to put you where you left off. Say you read a thread, made a post, then wandered off to another web page. When you come back later, it should return you to your own post so you can quickly read any replies made. You don't need to make a post for it to work though; it should detect which post you last read (or at least, which page you last visited in the thread).

Sometimes it can go a bit odd, but that's the intent behind the system anyway.

Because it means u have been in that thread again before and u left at page 10, it does that so you dont forget which was the last spot u where on.

You can Change that in your Settings.

GOTO: Settings, then on the left Hand menu pick "General Settings"
    about 2 Screens down you will find an a Option called "Thread Display mode"

I´d recommend to Switch from "inear newest first" ti "linear oldest first"

woooooop there you go.

!!! BE AWARE !!!
    This only works for registered users, guests will always be directed to the newest post.

10+ Year Old Account
    This happens to me sometimes. Say I read 2 pages of a thread and leave for whatever reason. When I return and click the Go to First New Post button it should take me to page 3. Where I left off. But it dumps me onto page 107 or some such and leaves me totally lost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    You can Change that in your Settings.

GOTO: Settings, then on the left Hand menu pick "General Settings"
    about 2 Screens down you will find an a Option called "Thread Display mode"

I´d recommend to Switch from "inear newest first" ti "linear oldest first"

woooooop there you go.

!!! BE AWARE !!!
    This only works for registered users, guests will always be directed to the newest post.
    Someone give this guy a medal damn!!..
    Thanks for the info i would never have found that