Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcs View Post
    Oh, I'm a ret paladin...
    As a fellow ret I feel your pain around this.

My tip is to try and organize it together with some friends since actually getting into a pug run as a ret is very hard since we are not amazing for it (but people seem to think we're a lot worse than other classes, even though we are not).

I think this problem mainly comes from challenge modes offering very little replay value once you have done gold, hence getting a group is really hard in the first place. Not sure how to fix that.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

Deleted
    Well, we did it in a guild group in about 4 days. So they're quite easy once you get a group, that's interested going. If you have a bit of gold, you might as well buy it. I know you can buy 9/9 on my server for less than 100k, that seems really cheap to me.

Deleted
    In my guild all paladins kind of became aware of the awesomeness of the paladin set at the same time, didnt take long before an arms race with many groups across the raid teams were formed

My group did it on the weekends, few hours on a saturday or sunday, took us 2 or 3 weeks I think.

I foud out the hard way doing CMs has little to nothing to do with previous content, so braging about your heroics modes since wotlk wont get you far in that area, this challenges are/were (did those couple patches ago, not sure if class changes and more gemed gear made them easier) a diferent type of challenge and the learning curve is harder. For me i rather take a 9/9 silver or even cooper than a 0/0 hard mode raider, perhaps you could start there.
    Last edited by ernu; 2013-12-04 at 10:55 PM.

If you trust in yourself/capabilities/skill - then just lie, lol. Who really checks.

It really took me a week from starting to look for a group until having the set, and that's with purely pugging from OpenRaid. Once you do your first PUG there's a big chance people are up for more.

As for the person who mentioned rogues being frowned upon, that's really not true. Yes they are not OP tier like elemental or survival, but shroud is very helpful in MSP for example. I've seen groups looking purely for a rogue for that reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I set up my first run with 4 friends, two of us did another run with three strangers (they quickly became pals) and now I'm at 3/11 characters at 9/9, working on a Hunter right now. The first run is always the hardest. Find friends or like minded individuals.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Most of the decent players who wanted them already got them.

Deleted
    Well join a proper raiding guild, and find people there whom you enjoy playing with, and then do it
    You can't just join an average raiding guild, and expect people there to do it with you, because they might not have the time, nor initiative to it on other characters than their main

It might seem hopeless, but you can't just expect to get into groups, when you are not bringing anything to i

And "I am a ret paladin" doesnt work. Either you accept that it will be hard as hell to find a challenge mode group, as a ret paladin with your experience, or you simply learn to tank, the gear needed for tanking is the same anyway, so not much is in the way of tanking. It's up to you.
    Last edited by mmoc514be02116; 2013-12-04 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endre View Post
    I know you can buy 9/9 on my server for less than 100k, that seems really cheap to me.
    this is also part of problem with finding groups - those who have 9/9 have nice gold income machine -_- and when people hit the wall trying to find another 4 people intereste in it find it its much eaiser to just make 100k buy boost enjoy perks -_- since u can eaisly make 100k in few days -_-

CM difficulty is way overrated, find 4 more people and watch YT guides and do it, cm gold is easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcs View Post
    So, first off, it's just my opinion, how I feel about that matter. I've been raiding casually since vanilla and actively raiding heroic since wotlk. I want the xmog set so much Id murder people. Yet, despite having so much pve experience I still utterly struggle to find a CM group. Did one out of nine gold runs and well, that's where I hit the wall. Everyday I'm scoping openraid in search of CM groups. Still any I can find are exclusively 9/9.

Is it just me or the whole challenge mode community is closed to new people. Those who have neither friends to go win, nor the gold to be boosted have little chances of getting into any group. How did you guys get your CMs done, any recipe or advice on how to get them done? Finally, how do you feel about the whole issue I presented?

Oh, I'm a ret paladin...

Just make an open raid event. Many people will sign up and you'll get to pick and choose who you want to run with.
    Only trade off is that you have to lead,know the strats, and know what everybody else is supposed to be doing.
    Last edited by Felocity; 2013-12-05 at 04:09 AM.

Number 1 Enchantment shaman world 8) soon to be deathknight

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    CM difficulty is way overrated, find 4 more people and watch YT guides and do it, cm gold is easy.
    Very helpful.....

That's the only hard part of them though, finding the 4 other people.

Also, top tip - don't delete/sell your old gear. DMF trinkets and sha touched weapons are what you want for CMs. Even some 463 blues can be very good. You want gear with as many gems as possible, since gems are not scaled and trinkets with stats rather than procs are best.

Also get invis pots, lots of them, and/or a rogue and/or a druid (roar). We did it without either (just pots) but they make some of the mob skipping a lot easier

We had one person in our group who was gung ho about CMs. He wanted CM transmog sets on *all* his toons. Since his first four toons were all tanks, we happily obliged, and that's how I got 7/9 gold before I had to step back from the game. You just need someone who'll look up the strats. Any competent raid team will be able to take it down pretty easily with a little effort.

Deleted
    Got CM gear on 5 alts atm. Key to finding groups is finding competent people who want to do it. I ask them to join my raidcall and i guide through bish bash bosh few hours or a day or 2 later and it's done tbh.

15+ Year Old Account
    If they'd remove the gimmicky invisibilty pots etc, maybe interrest in them would skyrocket and finding groups wouldn't be as troublesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    If they'd remove the gimmicky invisibilty pots etc, maybe interrest in them would skyrocket and finding groups wouldn't be as troublesome.
    Agreed 100% on this. I think the gold time should have been high enough to be able to reasonably clear doing the instance normal as intended, without gimmicky skipping trash packs; the skipping and invisibility pots and the like should have only been required if you were going for realm best times or the like, it shouldn't have been required to even get Gold. Most of the time nobody on my realm even sells the damn things, at least not the 18s ones that are required.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Agreed 100% on this. I think the gold time should have been high enough to be able to reasonably clear doing the instance normal as intended, without gimmicky skipping trash packs; the skipping and invisibility pots and the like should have only been required if you were going for realm best times or the like, it shouldn't have been required to even get Gold. Most of the time nobody on my realm even sells the damn things, at least not the 18s ones that are required.
    Most of the time people are selling sungrass on ah for dirt cheap prices (I normally pay 1g for a stack) and ghost mushroom you can easily farm 1-2 stacks in less than 30 minutes. I run CMs fairly regulary and refuse to pay 300g / pot so just do this or pay a herbalist to farm some for you.

(might have gotten herb names mixed up just wowhead it)

Also think you could do all cms on gold without invis pots, seeing as they been 3 manned 2 more dps should easy cover for the time needed to clear a few extra trash packs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Most of the time nobody on my realm even sells the damn things, at least not the 18s ones that are required.
    You don't need 18s potions.

Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    You don't need 18s potions.
    Hmm... didn't know that. I've seen a lot of groups and such that are like "Must have 18s invis pots"