Poll: What Is Currently Ruining Your World of Warcraft Experience?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Not flamed, but it's such a low priority considering that the majority of players don't spend much time there. People who actually care about the competition would likely readily accept a boost system like SWTOR or GW2 where you are raised to max with corresponding iLvL to compete in 'real' pvp.
    This would be the absolute best thing ever.. I can't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Not really sure what's going on here. The potential irony is contradicting itself, so I can only assume all of it is serious. This leads me to conclude you hate the game, but also keep paying them money like you are 'forced' to do so. Like my signature, your avatar is very tasteful so I can only imagine you are joking completely. Here's to hoping...
    Shhh. They're going to call you a fanboy and flame you hard if you show any interest in the game. Just blend in... shhh shhh, it's going to be okay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't agree. Group quests? Elites? They took them out because they were too hard to solo for most.
    Group quest were never hard. You just need a group. Elites? srsly lol? Same goes with group quest, get a group and kill them. Absolutely nothing hard about it unless you were one of those ones who tried to solo it.

Name one that was even close to being hard. The fact that you could bring 5+ people and kill it made them all extremely simple and easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    And I think you must be replying to another poster with the wrong quoted segment.
    Nope. Was talking to you, champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Imhere View Post
    Group quest were never hard. You just need a group. Elites? srsly lol? Same goes with group quest, get a group and kill them. Absolutely nothing hard about it unless you were one of those ones who tried to solo it.

Name one that was even close to being hard. The fact that you could bring 5+ people and kill it made them all extremely simple and easy.
    So anything that is made easier with multiple people isn't actually hard, is your opinion? Because what I see, even in your post, though you won't admit it is agreement. If a person isn't able to do something alone it is _______? I think the proper word is too difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Lack of 5 man dungeons. 5 man dungeons being too easy and linear. Forcing you to raid: I hate raiding. All the convenience in the world won't make me raid.
    This. Make 5 mans into mini raids. Would solve the casual problem of not being able to commit to a schedule. Make them long and require medium difficulty to complete and make the reward worthwhile. Fixed every issue with WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    For me it's that there's not enough rewarding solo content.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Shhh. They're going to call you a fanboy and flame you hard if you show any interest in the game. Just blend in... shhh shhh, it's going to be okay.
    Haha...ok. I'll just go watch the 50th for like...the 87th time and pretend I don't like the game. *scurries away* I do have some Steam games...hrm. Decisions!
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Me too buddy, me too.

I love WoW a ton, and its still really fun to play, but I'm running out of things to do because all my friends that I enjoyed PvE with left WoW because it was either too easy or we never had enough people for raids.

I hope they come back for WoD and give it a chance. *crosses fingers*

10+ Year Old Account
    Removal of rating requirement... i can't stress enough how badly this made me quit the game. I literally thought i'd be playing this game for the next 20 years of my life assuming it makes it that long... but then cataclysm hit and they announced no rating requirement on gear. You literally have to be the worlds biggest douchebag to be pro removal of rating requirement. First off, the only pitiful argument that those people could come up with is that no rating requirement makes for an equal playing field when everyone has the same gear... true... but serious PvP is only in RBG's and Arena, which there is an MMR system. Removing rating requirement makes MMR almost useless aside from playing people who are equal to your skill and wasn't that what made arena/RBG fair??? So why the hell was rating requirement removed? Oh, to balance random BG's???? This is where I lost it and literaly said "fuck you WoW" because there was no logical reason to remove rating requirement aside from pleasing noob players who struggle to get past 1500 rating. Know what? I sucked ass at PvP and couldn't get past 1500 rating when that's where you started... I'd immediately drop rating and sit around 1200, sometimes 800-900 rating... but I didn't give up, I pushed and almost got gladiator in season 3 by running sword melee cleave. I made an effort to enhance my skills and it worked, but then it all went to shit when noobs complained about how they pay the same amount of money as everyone else, therefore they find a reason to justify why they deserve the same gear. This whole argument is equivalent to LFR players saying they deserve the same loot as raiders who are doing heroic raids. Would you agree that LFR players deserve the same gear? It's not fair for them that someone in full heroic raid gear can do more dps because he has better gear, or they have more health because they have higher stats on their gear... is that a justifiable complaint? In my mind, that argument is fucking ridiculous, just as ridiculous as someone asking to remove rating requirement. I know not everyone will see it that way because they're biased towards some part of the game, but if you can see where I'm coming from, you can't say that removing rating requirement was a good decision. Removing rating requirement only pushed away the top end PvPers and it started the whole downfall of PvP. That's the biggest reason why I quit, followed by many horrid decisions made by activision blizzard.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    Solo content has enough rewards. They can never tune solo content to be harder than group content because with solo content you cannot assume that people have all the tools that group content has at its disposal.

Take the green fire quest for example. The last boss was pretty hard, but he can never be the difficulty of group content because in solo content they cannot assume you have raid cool downs, all buffs, both bursty damage and sustained damage, same amount of CC, self healing, all of that. They would have to factor in the differences between classes, and thus it would be middle of the road, bland, and unchallenging. Like Brawlers Guild aside from the final boss.

Also multiplayer games should not reward solo play. They should reward group play. Solo play should be a minor thing off to the side for no major rewards, like it currently is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    This. Make 5 mans into mini raids. Would solve the casual problem of not being able to commit to a schedule. Make them long and require medium difficulty to complete and make the reward worthwhile. Fixed every issue with WoW
    When you say mini raids, do you mean make the raids have a 5M version? I would prefer just a 1 tank 1 healer 1 dps scenario for LFR to see the content.

if you mean make 5 mans really long, like 3+ hours long, its not going to happen. They have to make it completed by those in LFG, so they cannot make it hard nor time consuming, since these people have 18 dogs on fire and 36 children pizzas to pick up so they cannot stay.

I would like long, dungeon like dungeons, but with challenge rather than progression. Not go back in every so often to see if you can get boss 6 down, just that boss 6 is a hard fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did not like the Cataclysm / how they changed all the 1-60 zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Solo content has enough rewards. They can never tune solo content to be harder than group content because with solo content you cannot assume that people have all the tools that group content has at its disposal.

Take the green fire quest for example. The last boss was pretty hard, but he can never be the difficulty of group content because in solo content they cannot assume you have raid cool downs, all buffs, both bursty damage and sustained damage, same amount of CC, self healing, all of that. They would have to factor in the differences between classes, and thus it would be middle of the road, bland, and unchallenging. Like Brawlers Guild aside from the final boss.

Also multiplayer games should not reward solo play. They should reward group play. Solo play should be a minor thing off to the side for no major rewards, like it currently is.

- - - Updated - - -

When you say mini raids, do you mean make the raids have a 5M version? I would prefer just a 1 tank 1 healer 1 dps scenario for LFR to see the content.

if you mean make 5 mans really long, like 3+ hours long, its not going to happen. They have to make it completed by those in LFG, so they cannot make it hard nor time consuming, since these people have 18 dogs on fire and 36 children pizzas to pick up so they cannot stay.

I would like long, dungeon like dungeons, but with challenge rather than progression. Not go back in every so often to see if you can get boss 6 down, just that boss 6 is a hard fight.
    Shadow Labs Heroic at the beginning of BC is the best one I think I can point to. This dungeon would easily take an hour to clear with a solid groups with no wipes. You had to use CC, coordination and people needed to know their class. The boss mechanics weren't particularly difficult but did have some stack/spread ,dispel or tank aggro dump that you had to deal with.

Regular Shadow Labs was infinitely easier. A heroic dungeon was just that, heroic. The only issue with it was the reward needed to match the effort and offer more than just some badges.

They tried this in Cata launch and everyone QQ'd like mad. I never understood that. Wouldn't the casuals and bads be happy to have 7 dungeons that are difficult that they can focus on? Instead of 3 raid instances they can't really hope to get into.

for me the biggest is random pugs which ties in to ease of content and loss of community. its why i started playing everquest again. sometimes its frustrating when im on and can't find a group, but i just log off and try again later. its a fair trade for a difficult game which requires actual people working with actual teamwork to play.

I dont like
    [*]The lack of community that Blizzard implemented crossrealm functionality has caused. its one thing making friends on forums like this, or through other friends, and playing cross realm. its another thing just joining a group making system to get put with people you may never see again and have no real connection to. One promotes socializing, the other does not. Infact, the crossrealm systems in place promote solo play, and being a unfriendly player. Elitism, slacking/bad player, harassment have all been amplified by cross realm functions since there is no way a player who behaves poorly in a group will be blacklisted from groups on their server. No accountability for your actions since those people will never see you again. Next, guild levels and perks have completely ruined the social aspect of guilds, now just machines for gold generation via Cash Flow and sitting in for experience. You can join a level 25 guild, see 30 people online, and maybe actually have a conversation with 2, since the others dont care whatsoever about the guild.
    [*]Easy (mostly) everything. I get that difficulty is opinion, but compared to the past, the majority of the game is much easier. Dungeons are at an all time low, the current replacement for dungeons (LFR) is even worse. The first difficult mob in the world since the launch of probably Wrath or Cata was added this patch, Timeless Isle mobs. Quests are a simple chain pull and AoE, even without heirlooms. Nothing is hard to kill and unless you are seriously not paying attention, ever going to kill you. The only difficult content is current tier Flex+, and only the later part of flex poses any sense of challenge. I get that players dont want everything to be hard, but there is no reason for the majority of stuff to be easy. Heck past tier has already been nerfed 20% ontop of higher gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Shadow Labs Heroic at the beginning of BC is the best one I think I can point to. This dungeon would easily take an hour to clear with a solid groups with no wipes. You had to use CC, coordination and people needed to know their class. The boss mechanics weren't particularly difficult but did have some stack/spread ,dispel or tank aggro dump that you had to deal with.

Regular Shadow Labs was infinitely easier. A heroic dungeon was just that, heroic. The only issue with it was the reward needed to match the effort and offer more than just some badges.

They tried this in Cata launch and everyone QQ'd like mad. I never understood that. Wouldn't the casuals and bads be happy to have 7 dungeons that are difficult that they can focus on? Instead of 3 raid instances they can't really hope to get into.
    People don't play to fight a challenge or progress, they just want those sweet purples.

depending on your idea of "hard" they can indeed tune it. Yes the tools can be made available, and in a way that's seen in game (ie quest its/npc's only present/usable at the location) and really solo play has very little in the way of incentive currently.

LFR and Flex should open at the same time regular raids open. All the delay does is cause the people who are already behind to fall further behind, which made me lose interest after awhile.

10+ Year Old Account

Solo content has virtually no rewards, I don't know what your talking about. Once you get rank 10 and endless wave 30 there isn't much motivation to do anything else. Having more solo content that rewards titles and mounts will give people something to do whenever they log on.

If I log on during the day, I've got pretty much nothing to do since I don't raid every night and I don't farm or play the AH. Garrisons will go a little way to fix this in WoD but other than that I have no motivation to do anything other than sit in shrine which is a situation I'm not happy with. I'd love to be able to go off and work toward a mount or title but at the moment there are none that I can do. Sure more old mount bosses will be soloable in WoD but that only goes so far.

Also, saying that a multiplayer game shouldn't reward solo play is a pretty ignorant statement because multiplayer means different things to different people. Sure for some multiplayer means accomplishing goals with a group of people but for other multiplayer simply means that other players are playing in the same world as you. I think both of these definitions have a place in WoW and should be rewarded similarly.
    Last edited by ACES; 2013-12-04 at 09:37 PM.

Deleted
    LFR is to blame for the community, the only time you speak is to be something negative, like ninja puller, or kick that maggot

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Other: game design fostering a community that posts loaded polls clearly aimed to snipe at the other side of the casual/hardcore fence.
    AGREE with this message

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraena View Post
    The toxicity of the playerbase, more than anything.
    Have to agree with this message