Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Morgan Freeman didn't talk in that video. I am disappoint.

Totally fake as a professional artist who uses tablets, wacom and all sorts of pins. No way in hell one can do that using a even the current gen Ipads. I've seen some amazing stuff and hangout with some of the top artist Blizzard such as Peter Lee, work with people at http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/ and worked with Rodney Lough one of the top photographers of the last decade. I can say with a firm stance watch 1:10 and beyond in the video and you can see a shit ton of stuff pop up randomly that means his brush size is to high so when he takes away or tries to color match using the blend tool or opacity / fill layer it's popping out to much. Because his values are to high and you can see that some of the pores and hair keep going in and out.

Just take his finish image and the original go to photoshop make sure the original is the bottom layer. Take his image have as the top layer and then drop its opacity down to 50 percent and you can see he is a big phony photo copier.

Would this be considered plagiarism then?

Quote Originally Posted by Zehir View Post
    Would this be considered plagiarism then?
    I would say absolutely yes. He put his name on it, and is using it to advertise himself as an extremely good artist. People might believe that. To be honest it could be even be considered fraud.

Edit: Actually, reading the youtube comments lots of people believed him. One even talked about promoting his "talent". Makes me sick honestly.
    Last edited by Speaker; 2013-12-04 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by timehascomeandsohaveI View Post
    It's fake as fuck
    look at the original image
    http://www.moviepilot.de/files/image...an_Freeman.jpg
    they're identical
    there's no way he could make it so identical, especially with his fingers on a fucking tablet
    +1 thumbs up

I graduated from an artschool doing digital art.

Simply,
    1. Outline Morgan Freeman from photo reference (I won't say this is cheating because it is part of a process)
    2. Paint it up as if he saw it from a reference (Now this is cheating because there is no manipulation of image, his just copying a photograph)
    3. Place photo reference underneath the layer of sketched up Morgan Freeman
    4. Mixture of adding details with texture brush on top of his sketch (He tried to fool you with noise brush that looks like texture and photographic noise)
    5. Using texture brush 'Eraser' with 50% Opacity and erase away slowly.

I've seen his portfolio website and honestly he's got talent and even his morgan freeman portrait painting, I say his real painting skill is up to 1:30. The rest of painting is simply erasing his own painting and blending with an actual photo until the entire portrait is 99% photograph.

He may have fooled many, but he can't fool an artist who knows how to paint digitally.

10+ Year Old Account
    YOU YOU FAILED ME. I REALLY THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO HAVE A VIDEO WITH MORGAN FREEMAN FINGER PAINTING :c

this looks like still pictures from dicking around with an actual photo in photoshop

This is like the inverse of "It's photoshopped." If it's a fake, it was impressively done. You can actually witness him changing the texture and coloration of the hair and skin. A 50% eraser would not do that. If he was cheating, he was being much more creative than the methods people in this thread are claiming he was using.

That said, I'm not taking a side on whether this is fake or not. My only position is that you people who know it's fake are using some pretty flimsy logic.

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. I was also hoping this was Morgan Freeman doing finger painting. Somehow, him doing it would make it 10 times more badass than some random guy doing it.

Who cares how he did it. It's obviously fake. That's all that matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    YOU YOU FAILED ME. I REALLY THOUGHT YOU WERE GOING TO HAVE A VIDEO WITH MORGAN FREEMAN FINGER PAINTING :c
    So it wasn't just me?
    I had this image of Morgan Freeman painting his iPad with his fingers. Like, decorating it with child-like wonder. I am disappointed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Every single hair is exactly identical to the real picture. It doesn't matter if it's fake or not, it's pretty silly to believe this isn't fake.
    Copy brush, artistic tools could be entirely fake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by remic20 View Post
    +1 thumbs up

I graduated from an artschool doing digital art.

Simply,
    1. Outline Morgan Freeman from photo reference (I won't say this is cheating because it is part of a process)
    2. Paint it up as if he saw it from a reference (Now this is cheating because there is no manipulation of image, his just copying a photograph)
    3. Place photo reference underneath the layer of sketched up Morgan Freeman
    4. Mixture of adding details with texture brush on top of his sketch (He tried to fool you with noise brush that looks like texture and photographic noise)
    5. Using texture brush 'Eraser' with 50% Opacity and erase away slowly.

I've seen his portfolio website and honestly he's got talent and even his morgan freeman portrait painting, I say his real painting skill is up to 1:30. The rest of painting is simply erasing his own painting and blending with an actual photo until the entire portrait is 99% photograph.

He may have fooled many, but he can't fool an artist who knows how to paint digitally.
    Thanks for explaining this. I could sort of see ''real painting'' slowly changing to ''real photograph'' but couldn't put my finger on how. Uncovering it with an eraser fills that gap for me.

Who on earth would paint morgan freeman?. Not exactly the Mona Lisa.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I wouldn't call using advanced software with a touchscreen interface "finger panting" even if it does involve using only fingers.
    A pencil tip is far more precise than any finger. How could you possibly do tiny individual hairs with a finger that's 50x thicker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakazam View Post
    A pencil tip is far more precise than any finger. How could you possibly do tiny individual hairs with a finger that's 50x thicker.
    If the device allows it fingernails

The biggest mystery here is... How did Morgan Freeman get so sweaty?