Question Heroic Siegecrafer Ele!

Greetings fellow shamans.

I play ele shaman and as most of you know its one of the squishiest classes in the game PVE wise. Our guild has been progressing on 10man hc siegecrafter (250+ wipes atm). We are killing assembly weapons so that by the time we get the 3rd assembly the boss overcharges empowered lasers. When that happens I am usually on the main platform. because of the squishy retard i am, I get a BOP during the magnetic crush, but still....if I got a launch sawblade and locked on on me at the same time, i am pretty much dead. i have caused so many wipes for the guild and I was just asking if other shamans are having a hard time surviving such phase and if this fight was designed so you can pray to RNG gods you dont get all abilities at the same time ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundaman View Post
    Greetings fellow shamans.

I play ele shaman and as most of you know its one of the squishiest classes in the game PVE wise. Our guild has been progressing on 10man hc siegecrafter (250+ wipes atm). We are killing assembly weapons so that by the time we get the 3rd assembly the boss overcharges empowered lasers. When that happens I am usually on the main platform. because of the squishy retard i am, I get a BOP during the magnetic crush, but still....if I got a launch sawblade and locked on on me at the same time, i am pretty much dead. i have caused so many wipes for the guild and I was just asking if other shamans are having a hard time surviving such phase and if this fight was designed so you can pray to RNG gods you dont get all abilities at the same time ?
    why can't you use tier 1 talent, sham rage, lightning shield glyph, or ancestral swiftness plus healing surge combo (macro to be on yourself) for when you see this coming. Furthermore you higher armor than leather and cloth users. Hell you even have a built in self revive.

If your getting 1 shot your doing something wrong. If your healers are falling behind you should help out with hst, htt, or ancestral guidance. Shamans aren't nearly as squishy as you claim them to be. Especially if you have paladins putting a bop on you prematurely.

... Remember the DPS of someone dead is exactly 0.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post

If your getting 1 shot your doing something wrong.
    NOT trying to be offensive or sound rude, but is your counclusion based on a fact that you are heavily experienced with this fight and the numbers in heroic or are you simply stating a general fact ?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Killed him multiple times in 25 hc. Eles have zero problems with survivability unless someone else fucked you up (blows up mines). From what abilities you die exactly? Sawblade damage is nearly 100% dodgeable if you are know how to move.

What kills me is the following :

_ having empowered lasers phase during which empowered magnetic phase happens and I get targeted by sawblade and trying to escape either a missile turrent ground effect or laser beam.

I'm sorry but I couldn't disagree more.

The two abilities you are talking about are both entirely preventable (ie. if you keep moving you will take no damage from either saw blades or locked on).

And about being squishy, I mean come on, we have a passive 10% damage reduction, two strong damage reduction cds (one on a short CD), 2 extremely effective raid CD's and potent self heals. I mean you can even pop SWG and spam healing surge yourself if you had them on CD.

If you are dying because you got locked on and targeted by a sawblade during a magnet phase, then that's not a case of bad survival cooldowns but more extreme bad luck and not reacting to it quickly enough.

I've never had this happen to me to be honest, it may be because I raid 25 so the chances are less. I always thought the timings were so that a sawblade always happens a couple of seconds after locked on and never at the same time. I may be wrong or it may be different for 10 man.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2013-12-05 at 01:58 PM.

Deleted
    Engineering + rocketbelt can rly save your ass on that fight when you get fucked up by RNG : ) Same if you do belt you can use that and the glider to go off early , engineering is just so superior for raiding its insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    I've never had this happen to me to be honest, it may be because I raid 25 so the chances are less. I always thought the timings were so that a sawblade always happens a couple of seconds after locked on and never at the same time. I may be wrong or it may be different for 10 man.
    You are correct in your initial statement. Even in 10s this should not happen. The blades are COMPLETELY AVOIDABLE by standing in the correct position. Your raid need to stack in a safe zone, then position the blades so that they will not go through that stack point during magnet phases.

There is absolutely no reason that you should be getting hit by these mechanics.

no reason to die as elemental never had problems with kiting laser during overcharged magnet, SR, SBT run out watch where the saw blades are flying around, aim for the gap move a bit, aim for next gap and return to the group, you might have a healthstone as well, maybe SWG to run and heal, healing stream totem, hell even healing tide are you playing primal elementalist? you could pop earth elemental and use it's ability to reduce damage taken by 20% for 1 minute...

shamans are not squishy at predictable damage at all, i often find myself one of the most tanky classes in the raid, i mean shadow priest they can disperse lethal damage sure but after that i'd rather be a shaman.

apart from rogues/locks i found myself to have the best survival at lei shen heroic winds & balls we simply have so many small powerful cooldowns if you're using them pre-emptively not oh shit im 20% health maybe i should use something.

Both the laser and the sawblade give you time to avoid them before damage is incurred. The sawblade has travel time and is thrown to the spot where you were when he completes his cast. The laser gives you the debuff a second or two before the laser starts to fire. All of the mechanics are avoidable and it depends on intelligent placement to successfully kill this boss.

Deleted
    If you die on Siegebreaker you fail... It's not about being squishy it's about dodging stuff. You say you ask for BOP during electromagnet phase... really? I mean it ticks for about 15k every second. The only thing that could kill you would be if you tunnelvision boss and don't see the sawblades going back and forth. Also the sawblades he launches on you can be avoided completely if you sidestep when it's midair (assuming your about 20 yars away).

And I guess what's already been said: Pick AS and Lightning Shield glyph. If you get 1 or multiple stacks of superheated (fire debuff thingy) it means you have failed and should pop atleast 1 defensive. 1 stack is around 350-400k dmg over the entire duration of it.