Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Breaking news : The NSA is tracking the locations of fucking *everyone*

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...fac_story.html

For fuck's sake Americans, get your government under control!

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

And turn off your damn cell phones.

Deleted
    Apple already did this before the NSA. People probably did it before Apple.

10+ Year Old Account
    In an elevator, in the bottomless pit......that only goes down...
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...fac_story.html

For fuck's sake Americans, get your government under control!
    Um, if you have a cellphone, someone is tracking it even if you're not a citizen of the United States of America.

Wait, you don't honestly think the GPS on there is for your use, do you?

LOL

Deleted
    well im usually either at my house or work, don't need to spend millions to work that out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by freakyduck View Post
    Um, if you have a cellphone, someone is tracking it even if you're not a citizen of the United States of America.

Wait, you don't honestly think the GPS on there is for your use, do you?

LOL
    It is a military fucking satellite system after all.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Every country with cell phones does this.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    And turn off your damn cell phones.
    Correction: pull your battery out. Your GPS still operates even when the cell phone is turned off. Some newer phones, the GPS even has its own battery backup which will continue to function even when the phone's main battery isn't providing it with juice.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

15+ Year Old Account
    What happens if someone gathers up a large amount of cell phones from people with criminal records & goes bank to bank with the bag?

I still wonder why everyone is still shocked that the government tracks/listens on people? Like what dream world were you living in that this is entirely new to you?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is one of those if you didn't know they were doing this your head is probably buried in the sand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait a second guys, we're misunderstanding this. Apparently it was all just "incidental"...

"The NSA does not target Americans’ location data by design, but the agency acquires a substantial amount of information on the whereabouts of domestic cellphones “incidentally,” a legal term that connotes a foreseeable but not deliberate result."

You see? This is totally done on accident. Our NSA/Government isn't out to get us, they are accidentally storing information on everyone. I'm sure they will delete all the non-useful personal information soon.

Wait, cell phone "Meta Data" also include Tower#'s which happen to coincide with locations since those Towers cover specific locations?
    NO ****

I'm kinda shocked people didn't realize this earlier. I just kinda assumed it. That's I roll with 5 burners each only used to call one number. (Not really, but this is in fact the best way to be anonymous in combination with using a text-to-speech program rather than your voice.)

Seriously though. Meta Data... they might as well just read the messages and listen to the conversations.

EDIT: Lawl they are collecting the GPS tracker data too. Honestly, it's not necessary with the phone call meta data.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    Correction: pull your battery out. Your GPS still operates even when the cell phone is turned off. Some newer phones, the GPS even has its own battery backup which will continue to function even when the phone's main battery isn't providing it with juice.
    Now you know why most "smart-phones" are sealed and you cannot remove the battery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is this a suprise to anyone? Use your brains. Anyone who has been paying attention for the past three decades should have been able to make the educated guess that stuff like this was going on.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by DEATHETERNAL View Post
    Why is this a suprise to anyone? Use your brains.
    In couple weeks before it's found that Britain, Germany, and Sweden also do this. You know, like everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who gives a crap? I used to be like you and immersed myself in this stuff, but one day I realize that it wasn't as big as my paranoia lead me to believe. Sure they're looking at everyone, but it's a computer that does it... It's not like there's an actual human locating one person at a time... this is how it has always been. It's like how phone tapping works... most phones, if not all are probably tapped, but there won't be any alerts to NSA unless you say a word/sentence that is under a list... even if that happens, they'll tap your phone for a week and try to record any most words you say that are on their list. If it was an accident that you said a word on their list and you don't give them any reason to suspect something of you, then they'll probably move on. Idk why people think they're the president or some high up figure... if you're a normal person working a job, they most likely won't care about you.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteoria View Post
    It is a military fucking satellite system after all.
    GPS satellites don't compute location, they send out signals and your GPS device figures out your location on its own.

Remember that strange guy with a tinfoil hat who feared the government ?! He was right all along.