10+ Year Old Account

Simple dark intent question

Hello dear warlocks.

I don't play a warlock so I have no idea how some class stuff works.

However, I do play a priest. Whenever I go to do lfr/flex and buff fortitude, I get extremely angry raid members yelling at me OMFG STUPID PRIEST STOP OVERWRITING SPELLPOWER. I always say - but we got spellpower from a mage. However, every time people claim that dark intent+mage buff stack. Many weeks in a row I have been kicked from groups for saying that they don't.
    So today I want to find out the truth: do dark intent and arcane brilliance SPELLPOWER parts stack?

no, buffs with the exact same effect dont stack

Everyone can cast all their buffs and not have to worry about overwriting other buffs. If you cast Fort and DI falls off, then that means the spellpower part is already taken care of. Simply put: Mage buff + Priest Buff take care of Lock buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then why the hell is everyone I ever meet in lfr/flex claiming otherwise. I don't mean this happened once, or twice, or 3 times. Close to 20+ times being kicked because I buff fortitude and warlocks start yelling at me.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Then why the hell is everyone I ever meet in lfr/flex claiming otherwise. I don't mean this happened once, or twice, or 3 times. Close to 20+ times being kicked because I buff fortitude and warlocks start yelling at me.
    Assuming that your definition of flex is an oQueue pug, because people are not terribly bright.

You can test it yourself. Get a mage and warlock to join a group with you, and throw up each-other's buffs; then, compare your spellpower before and after fort.

Because they're dumb or they're just trying to troll you.

Deleted
    no experience other than 9 year of playing same game. No they dont stack. 99,9% sure =).

Most players in LFR are there because they're terrible and can't get into a normal/heroic run so they usually have no clue what they're talking about. So, you're going to run into it a lot. I had people rip me a new one and rag on me for using Expertise in some of my gemming for my lock and even though I explained that Expertise = Hit for casters, they didn't understand and had no clue what they were talking about. It's just part of interacting with LFR heroes. Best to just smile and nod and go with it rather than give yourself an annoying argument to deal with or getting kicked because of their stupidity.

*Clarification before people start whining: I said MOST, not ALL. Some people are there because of available time or to supplement some lacking gear drops.
    Last edited by CodeConqueror; 2013-12-04 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Added clarification

10+ Year Old Account
    The stamina doesn't stack with dark intent, nor does dark intent stack with arcane intellect - 'cept for the crit and stamina.

If Dark Intent is up don't be afraid of buffing my friend, it wont overwrite it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

No buffs will ever negatively overwrite each other. In fact, in the case of a warlock and priest in the same group, the warlock's Dark Intent spell will overwrite Fortitude but if Fortitude is cast after Dark Intent, you'll simply have both buffs. There will never be a case in which, if everyone casts all their buffs at the same time and you have 8/8 buff types available, you'll be lacking anything. They only overwrite each other if one is unnecessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for answers. I thought so too. Is there some kind of ''official'' looking link where it says so? So that I could link it to people if they attack me again about this question...

Deleted
    Actually one possible reason for people complaining about priests overwriting Dark Intent is a bug with the default raidbuff UI. When a priest casts PW:F with DI already active, the stamina part of DI is overwritten and the spellpower part also disappears from the UI even though the buff still persists. This has happened to me countless of times and it's just a visual bug (possibly even related to a certain combination of addons seeing as not everyone experiences it).

I am curious as to where people find these idiots. I've never even heard of anyone saying this...

It obviously does not stack, never did. If people are kicking you out of groups then they are trolling with friends/guildies. If they are convincing other idiots in the group, then you obviously aren't being vocal enough.
    Graviity

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravityx View Post
    I am curious as to where people find these idiots. I've never even heard of anyone saying this...

It obviously does not stack, never did. If people are kicking you out of groups then they are trolling with friends/guildies. If they are convincing other idiots in the group, then you obviously aren't being vocal enough.
    If this happened once or twice, I would agree that it is just a few people trolling. Am starting to think that perhaps some people are misinformed by some kind of class guides or forums stating it, perhaps some non-english forums since I am an eu player and I often end up doing flex with people from Russian, German, French, Spanish and Italian servers.