Thread: Healing Elixirs

Healing Elixirs

I was under the impression that the inner cooldown on Healing Elixiers starts to count as soon as you use up the buff but I am experiencing notable shorter cooldowns.

Is that intended? Seems like the buff doesn't start to count down when you use it up but automaticly even if it leaves being unused which I didn't knew until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulljin View Post
    I was under the impression that the inner cooldown on Healing Elixiers starts to count as soon as you use up the buff but I am experiencing notable shorter cooldowns.

Is that intended? Seems like the buff doesn't start to count down when you use it up but automaticly even if it leaves being unused which I didn't knew until now.
    Basically from what ive seen the cooldown starts as soon as the last 1 finishes. So if you use the buff 17seconds after it procced it would only have a 1second cooldown

Yeah the next buff comes up 18 seconds after the previous was applied and if it's still up then the new one basically sits there at 0 cd until the first one is used up then it applies the second and the countdown starts again. It's definitely intended because if it didn't work that way it would be an absolutely awful talent.

Yeah, it's the same mechanic as Power Strikes, except on an 18s timer instead of 20s.

The way it works is that having the talent gives you a passive ability. Every 18s, that passive triggers a second spell, which puts the buff on you or refreshes it if it's already up (not that that matters since it's an infinite-duration buff anyway). When the buff is up, doing something that triggers it will proc the actual heal and remove the buff.

I don't think it sits and waits for you if you don't use it, though. If the passive ticks while the buff is already up, too bad, the buff only stacks to one so you lose that charge of it. If you trigger the heal 18.1s after the buff goes up, you'll have to wait another 17.9s before it comes back. That's not really a problem while tanking since it's pretty hard to not use EB or PB at least once in every 18s window, but if you're swapped out waiting for your dot to clear then it's probably worth spending the 1 chi on PB to claim the heal.
    Last edited by Rockets; 2013-12-05 at 07:22 PM.

That's not how it works at all, come on it takes literally 20 seconds to test it. There's no 18 second revolution, another buff is automatically triggered regardless if the first was 20, 23, or 30 seconds ago.

Hmmmm, I did test it at one point, but it's been a while. I'll have to double-check when I get home tonight, I guess.