Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    WoW, a single sentence started religious bashing. Seriously, You guys are not NORMAL people. You give atheists bad name.
    People who clearly didn't read the guardian article its a major point there.

Okene is a religious man and thats the most personal information we have about his feelings.
    Strange that we actually think his emotions are important.

Not forgetting that the "Atheist Op" clearly finished with a spiritsm conclusion.

It didn't just happen those divers clearly gave their all to get him up.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2013-12-05 at 03:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    Heh I was gona post a comment about what Id do if I were this man then I realized it could be considered religious bashing, then I thought about the next thing I would probably do and realized it could be misinterpreted as racist give that the man is Black. I am starting to realize what a terrible person I am...
    OT: he was incredibly lucky

Oh lord 3rd thought was nation bashing
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

The reaction of the controller and the diver is priceless, that immediate scare of finding a body, only for it to start moving!

The guy is very lucky, and atheist or not, you're going to be praying there is something out there looking over you!

10+ Year Old Account
    What's the point of this thread OP? Like, what am I supposed to argue about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

Deleted
    I couldn't help but laugh at the sound of the voice of the diver

Shit, I knew I missed one.
    RELEASE THE KRAKEN
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Lucky guy. But a bit of a dick move to the diver to give credit to god.
    The divers may have found him and rescued him, but they didn't keep him alive for 60 hours under 100 feet of water, so I fail to see how that comment affects anyone at all...

Quote Originally Posted by jetersky View Post
    The divers may have found him and rescued him, but they didn't keep him alive for 60 hours under 100 feet of water, so I fail to see how that comment affects anyone at all...
    Well, he did get incredibly lucky with the air pocket. All he did was sit there and hope that some one found him before the inevitable happened. Still a crazy story though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    Well, he did get incredibly lucky with the air pocket. All he did was sit there and hope that some one found him before the inevitable happened. Still a crazy story though.
    He discovered some tools and a life vest with two flashlights, which he stuffed into his shorts. ....As the water rose, Okene made a rack on top of a platform and piled two mattresses on top. He survived on one bottle of cola.....He then waded across the cabin, stripped the wall to its steel body and banged on it with a hammer.
    Sending Morse Code Signals with a Hammer, Mac gywering a Raft, securing liquid and lightsources are hardly sitting it out.

The Airpocket well that one was luck and the need to poop at 4 am too but this man has clearly a strong survival instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    The guy is very lucky, and atheist or not, you're going to be praying there is something out there looking over you!
    I would do it like okene give my all to survive. Luck is an opportunity not many would be that resourcefull in such a situation.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2013-12-05 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    God hated all the other sailors but this one he was nice.
    Gotta leave one to tell the tale of your miraculous involvement. Otherwise no one would know of your existence.

OT:
    That is nuts. I would consider a new career path, because I don't think you get that lucky twice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    What's the point of this thread OP? Like, what am I supposed to argue about?
    Does every thread have to be in order to start an argument? The point is that it's an amazing real life video and I thought some other people on this forum would be interested in it.

The still image of the sailor in his air bubble was enough to catch my imagination. But then to have a 1 minute video, going from a diver naively exploring what she/he thought was an empty wreck to "first contact" and emerging into the bubble, it still takes my breath away. Spielberg or Tarantino would be hard pressed to beat that.

I guess the point is that life is stranger than fiction.

But I am also very happy for Okene - it's a heart warming tale, albeit in the context of a greater tragedy.
    Last edited by mmoced226c0d6b; 2013-12-05 at 08:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Miraculous. I couldn't imagine staring at death for so long. Thank God that the divers decided to go down there.

There is only one god and his name is Random Number Generator. And what we say to Random Number Generator is "Not today".

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Miraculous. I couldn't imagine staring at death for so long. Thank God that the divers decided to go down there.
    I couldn't imagine living through even the first hour of his ordeal. Let alone being there for 60 hours waiting for death or a miracle.