Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Warcarft Movie Cast Reveal

Legendary and Universal Pictures have announced the cast of the big screen adaptation of Warcraft. Find out the details after the jump.

Universal Pictures has revealed they have closed deals with Ben Foster, Travis Fimmel, Paula Patton, Toby Kebbell, and Rob Kazinsky and are in final stages of negotiation with Dominic Cooper to star in Warcraft, based on Blizzard Entertainment’s award-winning video game series.

• Ben Foster’s credits include: The Messenger, 3:10 To Yuma, Lone Survivor, Kill Your Darlings, X-Men: The Last Stand and the television series Six Feet Under and Flash Forward.
    • Travis Fimmel’s stars in the television series Vikings.
    • Paula Patton has appeared in Baggage Claim, 2 Guns, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, Precious and Hitch.
    • Toby Kebbell’s credits include The Councilor, The East, Wrath of the Titans, War Horse, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, RocknRolla and the upcoming Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
    • Rob Kazinsky has appeared in HBO’s True Blood, EastEnders as well as the movies Pacific Rim and Red Tails.
    • Dominic Cooper’s credits include the Captain America movies, Dead Man Down, My Week with Marilyn, An Education and Mamma Mia!.

Other actors who were previously rumored for the film but not confirmed in the official press release: Colin Farrell, Paul Dano, Anton Yelchin and Anson Mount.

Other official information:

The script was written by Charles Leavitt and rewritten by Duncan Jones, and production is set to begin in Vancouver in January 2014.

Charles Roven, Thomas Tull, Jon Jashni and Alex Gartner will produce. Stuart Fenegan, Jillian Share, Brent O’Connor and Blizzard’s Mike Morhaime and Paul Sams will serve as executive producers. Chris Metzen, Rob Pardo and Nick Carpenterfrom Blizzard will co-produce.

Legendary most recently released PACIFIC RIM directed by Guillermo del Toro, the Jackie Robinson biopic 42, and MAN OF STEEL with Warner Bros. In addition to WARCRAFT, highlights from Legendary’s upcoming slate include the GODZILLA project, based on Toho Company’s famed character; and 300: RISE OF AN EMPIRE.

Roven most recently produced THE DARK KNIGHT RISES and MAN OF STEEL as well as serving as a producer on the upcoming yet untitled Superman Batman Film. Atlas Entertainment will next release David O. Russell’s AMERICAN HUSTLE, which just won the New York Film Critics Circle award for Best Picture, starring Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper, Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner, and Jennifer Lawrence.

http://www.slashfilm.com/warcraft-cast-revealed/

Edit - Daniel Wu added to cast. - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0943079
    Last edited by Elvine; 2014-01-13 at 10:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    Never heard of any of them. So it looks like it will be a crappy B movie that will go to DVD a month after its in theaters

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Never heard of any of them. So it looks like it will be a crappy B movie that will go to DVD a month after its in theaters
    You are a positive person, aren't you ?
    Give it a go, maybe they turn out to do a better job than any super famous actor would ever do.

10+ Year Old Account

Ben foster from 3:10 to Yuma he's been in other movies as well.
    Toby Kebbell was in the wrath of the titans
    Robert Kazinsky was in Pacific Rim and in the last season of True Blood
    Paula Patton is robin thickes wife also was in mission impossible and other movies
    Last edited by Dragore; 2013-12-05 at 12:48 AM.

Go watch the series Vikings...

Travis Fimmel and Dominic Cooper have both done stuff I really enjoyed, glad this isn't turning out to be a Hollywood big name list.

*sigh* Because a movie requires A-list stars to be good, right?
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Deleted
    Too bad, was really looking forward to Colin Farrell and Paul Dano, both great actors.

the guy from vikings... so the rumors were true. good, i like him.

ain't heard of the rest but they seem alright and i'm glad they didn't go with famous guys.

It is also worth noting that this is not necessarily the entire cast. These are just the people that the studio is confirming have closed deals to be in it. There could be more that they are not ready to announce yet.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Yeah, like Thor, right?

People were writing NEWS ARTICLES about how concerning it was that they'd cast two "unknowns" (Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston) as the two male leads. Fast forward a few years, and Hiddleston is the PR and marketing POWERHOUSE of the entire multimillion dollar Marvel movieverse.

Just because people haven't heard of actors doesn't mean shit. Every great starts somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    awesome cast!

Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't make them any less famous than other overrated actors, from what I've seen of them they're amazing. Did you know most of the Lord of the Rings actors weren't super famous until LOTR? Look how that turned out.

Seems someone needs to watch some movies. Besides, it's healthier for new movies to have fresh blood.

And no, it won't go to DVD a month after it's release. It's from Blizzard and Legendary.

(Basically it isn't a turd made by Uwe Boll)
    Last edited by Xilurm; 2013-12-05 at 12:52 AM.

Ben Foster is actually quite famous and a damn good actor, I saw Paula in the new Mission Impossible and her performance was pretty good as well. I am not too familiar with the other actors though but I would never immediately write off the movie just because I have no fucking clue what I am talking about.

I forgot about Travis Fimmel, he was excellent in Vikings. The cast is good enough to pull it off, and the director has done some incredible work. Especially Moon, would have been nice if Sam Rockwell was in this as well lol.
    Last edited by Xtacle; 2013-12-05 at 12:57 AM.

ive heard of some of them! one of them was the bad guy on true blood this past season xD

10+ Year Old Account
    How much mask do these poor guys have to wear and will we even recognize their faces?

Big or more-recognized names do not necessarily an appropriate cast make. Just look at In the Name of the King. Lots of names, all miscast. Ray Liotta as a wizard in a Serpico jacket.

Travis Fimmel.... so happy!!! 8D

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know any of these people.

Buuuut.. that could be a good thing. Or it could be a bad thing. In not having seen them before, I won't know them as actors, and so won't just associate them into other roles, like seeing a famous movie star I know. It would be hard to think of danial radcliffe as a character outside of harry potter, since thats who I see when he's in other roles.

But, really, this does look like its heading towards b-movie presentation. Lets be honest here people, casting aside your rampent warcraft fanboyism for a moment. It is common, and well publicized, that movies made of games are just plain shit. There have probably been 1 or 2 movies made of video games that had any quality to them, all the rest was garbage. So this is very thin ice metzen and these producers are following.
    #boycottchina

What, no one here watched RocknRolla? Toby Kebbel was beyond awesome there.