Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    if youre reading the words, youre not seeing the action on the screen

Bull shit. Subtitles on the movie is important. Humans aren't exactly binary.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    I like when lesser known actors are used, makes it feel more authentic. For example, every time you see Tom Hanks in a movie you think, that's Forrest Gump.
    District 9, one of my all time favourite movies had no actors I'd seen before. I'd just like to know who they're all playing.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc0e3e295a69; 2013-12-06 at 04:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Lol you didn't really see many movies no? I agree on Sylvester and Orlando but Arnie didn't make his hollywood debut in Terminator 2 lol(Predator, Red heat, Total fucking Recall, The running man, Conan the destroyer, conan the barbarian, and even in Terminator 1 all before terminator 2 and all were great for me at least, especially the conans...) and neither did Depp make is hollywood debut in PotC(Edward Scissorhands, Arizona Dream, What's eating Gilbert, Ed Wood, Dead Man, Donnie Brasco, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Sleepy Hollow, Blow, From Hell)... the dudes had plenty other famous movies before...
    Still proves my point. Just replace the movies I mentioned with those you did.

Quote Originally Posted by heef View Post
    Any truth to the rumor that Paul Walker will be playing the part of Mankrik's wife?
    Oh man, very good. Very good.

Those actors are all pretty darn good i am looking forward to this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I don't know any of these people.

Buuuut.. that could be a good thing. Or it could be a bad thing. In not having seen them before, I won't know them as actors, and so won't just associate them into other roles, like seeing a famous movie star I know. It would be hard to think of danial radcliffe as a character outside of harry potter, since thats who I see when he's in other roles.

But, really, this does look like its heading towards b-movie presentation. Lets be honest here people, casting aside your rampent warcraft fanboyism for a moment. It is common, and well publicized, that movies made of games are just plain shit. There have probably been 1 or 2 movies made of video games that had any quality to them, all the rest was garbage. So this is very thin ice metzen and these producers are following.

It depends on the amount of fan service they put in it. The reason movies based off of games tend to suck is because the mass amounts of fan service they put in it dilute the story telling. It'll either have tons of it and suck and not make a lot of money, or it won't have a lot and will be good but piss off the fans.

Deleted
    Usually there's little to no action when people talk you know.

Very happy with the cast
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly, you don't live in a country where subs are common practice.

Subs are present for 8-10 seconds, but you use LESS than one second to read them.
    On top of that, you NEVER focus on them; ypu use the perifical vision to read them, thus you still focus on the main event on the screen.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Bring in Gary Oldman, Michael Fassbender, and Sean Bean and it will give Warcraft major cred.

A lot of good movies and shows have casts with a ton of people who are pretty new, relative unknowns. It's a possible strength of a movie when the cast isn't competing with a big name actor who eats up the screen, even if said actor isn't going out of the way to do so.

That's a very poor reason to write off this WoW movie. A much stronger reason would be how there hasn't been a single video game movie that's received critical acclaim better than "at least it wasn't terrible like most movies based off video games." But it also makes you think, "these movies can't suck forever," as video games become increasingly mainstream.

What worries me most is that the script credits already contain "rewritten by...". Nothing kills a movie's quality so much as script by committee. It sucks all of the daring and unconventional out and replaces it with cutesie or unobjectionable pablum.

I hope that Felicia Day gets a part, or at least a significant cameo. I hope they can make that happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's something you get used to, after a while you stop noticing that you're actually reading them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    As long as the actor can play the part well enough that you don't feel like they are a character from a previous movie we're good. That's the true talent of a good actor.
    While true, my point is that a big name or two would mean people give it more than just the glance of "Oh, computer game film, it's gonna suck". It would have to be truly exceptional to get away without some well known faces. To be that good is a very rare thing.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    While true, my point is that a big name or two would mean people give it more than just the glance of "Oh, computer game film, it's gonna suck".
    I think you forget the point of epic movie trailers. It convinces millions of disinterested people to go see that new 'Crazy looking movie about monsters and castles'. They won't be going to see a movie about a video game, so they're not going to have that opinion.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I think you forget the point of epic movie trailers. It convinces millions of disinterested people to go see that new 'Crazy looking movie about monsters and castles'. They won't be going to see a movie about a video game, so they're not going to have that opinion.
    Maybe just me, but I've never been sold on a trailer. I'll usually hear about it long before there even is a trailer from the usual 'hype' I'd pick up for stuff that would normally interest me; or from reviews and word of mouth after people established it was good from actually seeing it.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Maybe just me, but I've never been sold on a trailer.
    Most of us around here aren't a typical audience. The majority of populations, especially in America where the largest movie income is usually made, are swayed by things like that. It's the whole reason why advertising exists like it does here.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    I only recognise the woman from Mission Impossible. Hopefully it will still be a great movie, and not just another Dragon Ball movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    I only recognise the woman from Mission Impossible. Hopefully it will still be a great movie, and not just another Dragon Ball movie.
    That's the one you recognize ? She was the only one I didn't recognize ...

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvine View Post
    • Ben Foster’s credits include: The Messenger, 3:10 To Yuma, Lone Survivor, Kill Your Darlings, X-Men: The Last Stand and the television series Six Feet Under and Flash Forward.
    • Travis Fimmel’s stars in the television series Vikings.
    • Paula Patton has appeared in Baggage Claim, 2 Guns, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, Precious and Hitch.
    • Toby Kebbell’s credits include The Councilor, The East, Wrath of the Titans, War Horse, The Sorcerer’s Apprentice, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, RocknRolla and the upcoming Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.
    • Rob Kazinsky has appeared in HBO’s True Blood, EastEnders as well as the movies Pacific Rim and Red Tails.
    • Dominic Cooper’s credits include the Captain America movies, Dead Man Down, My Week with Marilyn, An Education and Mamma Mia!.
    Ben Foster was also in Alpha Dogs, he was the one that dropped a load on the carpet in the house of "Jesse James Hollywood", the guy that had Foster's little brother murdered.