Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I am vey familiar with all the actors aside from Paula Patton. If I had to guess who was playing who;

Ben Foster is almost certainly going to be Anduin Lothar.

I have a feeling Travis Fimmel is going to be Durotan.

Toby Kebbel. I think he may be playing Medivh.

Paula Patton I don't know, but Garona seems to be the only female of note. Or Draka.

Rob Kazinsky is another difficult one. I've never seen him play anything but a villain. Even in Eastenders. He's not how I'd imagine Blackhand, so I have to go with Gul'dan.

Dominic Cooper I can only see playing Khadgar. He always seems young, however old he gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nungamunch View Post
    I am vey familiar with all the actors aside from Paula Patton. If I had to guess who was playing who;

Ben Foster is almost certainly going to be Anduin Lothar.

I have a feeling Travis Fimmel is going to be Durotan.

Toby Kebbel. I think he may be playing Medivh.

Paula Patton I don't know, but Garona seems to be the only female of note. Or Draka.

Rob Kazinsky is another difficult one. I've never seen him play anything but a villain. Even in Eastenders. He's not how I'd imagine Blackhand, so I have to go with Gul'dan.

Dominic Cooper I can only see playing Khadgar. He always seems young, however old he gets.
    Khadgar is too young to be in the movie.. It takes place ~30 years before TBC. In TBC Khadgar is ~40 years old, but magic had changed his appearance to be in the 60s. I think it's safe to day, he can be ruled out..

Garona, I also think is too young. If she is old enough, during the movie, she'd be in her 50s now, which she does not appear to be, when you see her in game.

Always remember to subtract 30-35 years (depending on which expansion you look at), when you see an NPC when you think they will be in the movie..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I remember the speculation about the movie agesssssssss ago...

In the fake list given back then the actors really matched their named characters and of all of them 1 made so much sense...I LOL'd loud!!!

Grom Hellscream - Ron Perlman.

The guy was born already looking like Grom xD!

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Khadgar is too young to be in the movie.. It takes place ~30 years before TBC. In TBC Khadgar is ~40 years old, but magic had changed his appearance to be in the 60s. I think it's safe to day, he can be ruled out..

Garona, I also think is too young. If she is old enough, during the movie, she'd be in her 50s now, which she does not appear to be, when you see her in game.

Always remember to subtract 30-35 years (depending on which expansion you look at), when you see an NPC when you think they will be in the movie..
    Garona had an active role in Warcraft 1. She wouldn't have been too young at all.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2013-12-09 at 08:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Garona had an active role in Warcraft 1. She wouldn't have been too young at all.
    Not saying you're wrong (I didn't pay much attention to lore, back in the RTS games), but this....

....picture is from Twillight Highlands, i.e. ~30 years after Dark Portal/WC1..
    She just doesn't look old enough to have been 15+ "back then"....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

thats a stock female orc model..and in no way should be used to determine lore traits such as age

If you want a lore explanation

1. She's been magically aged into maturity at birth, and trained to be a deadly assassin. She was the one who killed Llane during the first war.
    2. She's half-Draenei, and we know Draenei are hella long-lived.

Not to mention Khadgar is literally involved with killing Medivh, so they may as well set him up
    Still surprised to see more positive remarks than negative. I've seen the actors in a few spots (3:10 to Yuma, Rocknrolla), and hope they actually do close the deal with Cooper, but may still want to go look at their other roles, if they're not just on screen for a few seconds.
    Last edited by Confirm Deny; 2013-12-09 at 03:45 PM.
    It wasn't long ago / I was just like you / And now I think I'm sick and I wanna go home!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    what if SEARING WOLVES? The possibilities?!!?

Pretty solid list.

I predict this movie will be embarrassing.

Nice line up ;o Loving the fact they are using lesser knowns, and Ben Foster ! loved him in Get Over It, one of my fav movies

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Never heard of any of them. So it looks like it will be a crappy B movie that will go to DVD a month after its in theaters
    You clearly have no clue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Never heard of any of them. So it looks like it will be a crappy B movie that will go to DVD a month after its in theaters
    Two things that make this statement ignorant. 1. A trailer hasn't even been made for it so how can you judge a movie so quickly when you haven't even seen a trailer? 2. Just because the actors aren't well known does not mean it's going to suck. Look at Game of Thrones. I haven't heard of any of those actors when it was first coming out as I'm sure a lot of people including you never heard of as well and look how successful it has become. Same can be said of The Walking Dead. They're not movies but it's close enough.

OT: I'm actually pretty relieved that there aren't any big name actors in here. I think it would make the movie too weird to watch. It's better to have lesser known actors for a movie like this because it makes their character seem more real and believable if that makes sense. Like I just could not see an actor like say Ben Affleck as Varian Wrynn or something because you're going to just see the actor and not the character. Hopefully that all made sense. I'm still hopeful that this movie will actually be good.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    OT: I'm actually pretty relieved that there aren't any big name actors in here. I think it would make the movie too weird to watch.
    Warcraft, starring: Brad Pitt as Arthas. Bruce Willis as Bolvar. Jim Carey as some Undead named NPC. Angelina Jolie as Jaina. Jamie Foxx as Thrall. Explosions directed by Michael Bay. Lens flares overseen by JJ Abrams. Benedict Cumberbatch as Deathwing.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Warcraft, starring: Brad Pitt as Arthas. Bruce Willis as Bolvar. Jim Carey as some Undead named NPC. Angelina Jolie as Jaina. Jamie Foxx as Thrall. Explosions directed by Michael Bay. Lens flares overseen by JJ Abrams. Benedict Cumberbatch as Deathwing.
    Calm down there Satan.

Although seeing Jim Carrey as an undead would make for a good laugh.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Calm down there Satan.

Oh man, I wanted to spend more time using real roles and putting celebrities in them to see just how ridiculous that movie would be, but I didn't have time and it started getting to painful to think about. There was still room for Johnny Depp to play 5 different roles and Tim Burton to direct a stop motion sequence in Undercity, so of course Helena Bonham Carter would have to be Sylvanas. See, that's where my brain snapped. It's weird how putting things you like in the wrong place makes you dislike them severely. Kinda like mixing groups of friends.*shrug* I'm glad we're getting some smaller names so far. I hope it continues.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Calm down there Satan.

Also, Angelina Jolie can't be Jaina, she's got no boobs. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turmoill View Post
    Also, Angelina Jolie can't be Jaina, she's got no boobs. XD
    She used to though, and that makes me sad ( Her Tomb Raider days)

10+ Year Old Account
    Angelina Jolie as Jaina.
    Fuck no. They fuck up Jaina...I swear to god....I will rage.

OT: I'm still wondering if we'll get to see live action demons. /drool
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Fuck no. They fuck up Jaina...I swear to god....I will rage
    This just in: Jaina Proudmoore to be played by Megan Fox...As we all collectively cry and our beloved Warcraft is run through the gutter.
    BAD WOLF