Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Now we have Daniel Wu and Clancy brown in as well. =)

I can see Clancy Brown as either aged Khadgar or, King Llaine. But Daniel Wu....?

I love Clancy Brown (aka The Kurgen, Brother Justin, Mr. Krabs)! As skeptical as I am about this movie I can't help but be a little more optimistic with him attached to it now.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    This just in: Jaina Proudmoore to be played by Megan Fox...As we all collectively cry and our beloved Warcraft is run through the gutter.

Don't do that, man! You scared the hell outta me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmage View Post
    I love Clancy Brown (aka The Kurgen, Brother Justin, Mr. Krabs)! As skeptical as I am about this movie I can't help but be a little more optimistic with him attached to it now.
    Question, is there a character in Rise of the Horde/Last Guardian that has (if even a slight) Asian appearance?

So I guess Pandarens confirmed?

Charlize Theron could probably make a decent Jaina if she tried. I haven't watched enough of her movies to know anything about her acting abilities, but I think she'd at least look right for the part if you dressed her up like Jaina.

Clancy Brown is going to crush whatever role he plays. My guess is that he'll be voicing one of the orcs, maybe Durotan.

Quote Originally Posted by Turmoill View Post
    Question, is there a character in Rise of the Horde/Last Guardian that has (if even a slight) Asian appearance?
    Whoever it is, it isn't Chen. He can't have left the Wandering Isle more than ten years before WoW (Li Li knew him before he left), and that's 15 years too late. Not to say that there couldn't be another Pandaren wandering the world in that time frame, but it'd be a new character.

Doesn't have to be a Pandaren though. There were several human kingdoms at the time. They might be trying to differentiate them by portraying them with different ethnicities... or they might just not explain it at all. It's not unheard of.

Also, Angelina Jolie can't be Jaina, she's got no boobs. XD
    Too soon dude.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    This just in: Jaina Proudmoore to be played by Megan Fox...As we all collectively cry and our beloved Warcraft is run through the gutter.
    So tramp stamp Jaina is back?

No but presumably he'll be a voice or under heavy makeup (I don't know what accent this actor has though).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question about the ages of the characters. We know that Medivh, King Llane and Lothar are childhood friends and that they grew up together. So, they should roughly be the same age. According to some timelines, Llane is about 30 years old when the First War with Blackhand begins. Medivh himself is about 35. Lothar should be roughly that age, though probably older. However, Lothar is always shown to be old, with white or grey hair (except in WC1). So, what is really Lothar's age when the war begins? The texts I read hint that he was in his 30s, maybe late 30's. Which means that he is only in his 40s when Stormwind falls and he escapes with Varian. But most depictions of him show him at his late 50's. Who's right?

If Lothar's in his 50's, Clancy Brown could fit in this role. However, if Lothar's in his 30s, then Clancy Brown could play Adamant III, depending on where they begin the story. Or some other older guy (Alonsus Faol?). I would see Rob Kazinsky or Travis Fimmel as Lothar. Although Fimmel could play a decent Durotan. I see Toby Kebbel as Medivh and Dominic Cooper as Llane. Ben Foster would be Khadgar. Paula Patton is probably Garona. As for Daniel Wu, I have no idea. He could make a fine elf though (even though I never heard of elves during the First War). He's not built to be an orc, for sure...
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ages/races of characters will be determined by what actor they want to play a part. I also assume ethnicity won't matter much for surrounding races, as they're going to want to be more PC than making a game about the white man putting down the savage(ethnic) rebellion. This is the generation that gave us an African American Nick Fury, which is terrible because it doesn't stick to the source and also b/c SJ is an overrated and tiresome actor at this point. As long as they pick good actors, it won't matter what their skin color or age is. It will be good to watch.
    BAD WOLF

Dominic Cooper officially added to cast.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And Warcraft has started to film! Pity it's 2 years and a few months to go; I can hardly wait!
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?