(prot) use a healing shield?

I'm thinking about using a holy spirit/haste shield in my tank set for the haste.

You guys think it's viable?

I'd be giving up quite a bit of strength, but I'm not at the haste cap yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. It shouldn't be your permanent shield, but it's a good temporary shield until you get a strength version.

A healing shield with a much higher ilevel is an upgrade over a lower ilevel tank shield. You are not only gaining haste, you are also gaining armor and stamina, and the expense at strength.

I'd say it's better than all shields outside of exp/mastery ones.
    With our current levels of veng the ap that we get from str is almost not noticeable, so the only thing you really gain is parry from it, which is somewhat nifty at best.

Deleted
    Reminds me of the DK who wanted a Holy pally chestplate because it had crit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Reminds me of the DK who wanted a Holy pally chestplate because it had crit.
    Thats a lot different since the DK (presuming dps) would lose a lot of primary stats. A prot paladin dont lose any primary stats on an intellect shield as it has the same amount of both stamina and armor as a str shield.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Thats a lot different since the DK (presuming dps) would lose a lot of primary stats. A prot paladin dont lose any primary stats on an intellect shield as it has the same amount of both stamina and armor as a str shield.
    Perhaps.

Still, fact is that the scaling of haste and prot pallies' craving of it has gone beyond retarded long ago. Tanks have been stealing gear from dps (to whom tank gear is worthless in return) for ages, and now they want to get their fingers on healing gear because of one stat... everything with haste is now tank gear it seems! Talk about greedy bastards. Blizz should fix this shit and fast, making dodge/parry preferable to dps stats.

Deleted
    Perhaps.

Still, fact is that the scaling of haste and prot pallies' craving of it has gone beyond retarded long ago. Tanks have been stealing gear from dps (to whom tank gear is worthless in return) for ages, and now they want to get their fingers on healing gear because of one stat... everything with haste is now tank gear it seems! Talk about greedy bastards. Blizz should fix this shit and fast, making dodge/parry preferable to dps stats.
    And if the shield was just going to be disenchanted? ....

Deleted
    Perhaps.

Of course it has not. The problem is that that what you call "dps" and "healing" gear has the same amount of tank primary stat as the tank gear got. Add on top of that that the tank gear got shitty secondary stats and it is not really a brain check. If you would put intellect and spell penentration on dps warrior tier you should not be surprised when warriors dont use it.

If the healing shield had lower stamina or armor than the tank shield, tanks would not use it, the problem is that it does not. Which means that the only thing that is the difference between a "tank" and a "healing" shield is the secondary stats, in which the healing shield beat atleast 2 of the 4 tank shields hands down, probably beats 3 out of 4.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items....0.0.0.0.131.2
    I'd say Bulwark > Hellscream > Visage ~= Ancient Mogu
    at equal itemlevel otherwise I'd just get the higher ilvl one ~

Perhaps.

Blizzard apparently thinks you are wrong, what with removing Dodge and Parry ratings from gear

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items....0.0.0.0.131.2
    I'd say Bulwark > Hellscream > Visage ~= Ancient Mogu
    at equal itemlevel otherwise I'd just get the higher ilvl one ~
    Imo it depends on your raid team and how much you value mastery.
    But if anything i'd say Hellscream > Bulward/Visage >>>>>>>>> Ancient Mogu

Deleted
    Sha shield doesnt even get honorable mention ?

It's obviously the worst of them so I didn't bother listing it ~ (or the Norushen one for that matter)