Thread: dk pvp help

dk pvp help

hey guys, ive recently started playing again after a 6month break and am finding it really difficult to find an accurate pvp guide to check back on :/
    does any one have any fav sites they like to use? if not what spec is looking the best atm stat prio etc.

cheers

Deleted
    i am now using unholy spec for pvp,i find it very nice

I know its what everyone says but play what feels most comfortable

I personally play as frost when i PVP but that is because i feel i am a very good frost DK but a terrible Unholy DK - more due the fact i have only played a handful of arenas as unholy and am still working on it. But in random BG's i can easily top the damage charts there as both.

That being said the preferred PVP spec for PVP for a DK is unholy due to pressure in diseases as well as necrotic pressure as well. Survivability is better for unholy and you dont lose as much DPS pressure playing in blood compared to when you play in blood as frost.

To counter the blood presence issue for frost i do gem full haste and only gem socket bonuses for strength. I am dabbling a bit at the moment in haste/strength gems to see how that goes.

TLDR - Personal prefernce first but if looking for the preferred spec play Unholy

I would write up a whole guide if I had the free time, you can PM me about anything you want to know about PvP. Short summary of the situation right now though: Unholy DKs are the best in Arenas, Frost is good in RBGs for TC'ing, Unholy is good for a DoT cleave group, Blood is good for FC'ing. Strong arena comps for DK right now is DK/Healer in 2s, and the top 3s comps would be TSG (DK/Warr/Hpal), Shadowcleave (DK/Warlock/Rsham), and PHDk (DK/Hunter/Healer). All those comps are pretty open with healers, so don't be dead set on just the ones I listed. Frost is a good starting spec, Unholy is very heavy on rune management and macros. The best site in my opinion is Arena Junkies for any PvP info.

Hope I helped a bit, feel free to contact me with any questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you looked at any of Reinharts vids? he is a very good Unholy Dk he's a 2700 rated in 3s i believe so maybe try some of his vids on youtube

Strength is your main stat in PvP. Fill for socket bonuses in every piece with Str/haste for yellow and Str/PvP power in blues.

Currently Unholy is the strongest spec by far for arenas. Frost/blood for RBG's (blood for FC).
    New and shiny compppppp!