Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Would take to much re balancing and redesigning mechanics on some bosses.
    Non healer classes cant even solo ICC completely for instance.

Blizzard doing all they can to stop solo players enjoying the world, why would they do anything to promote it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Blizzard doing all they can to stop solo players enjoying the world, why would they do anything to promote it?
    They've done more recently to support soloing than to hinder it, barring exploit edge cases. (galakras, i'm looking at you)
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    disallow tanks & pet classes and i think thats about as fair a playing field as you can get.
    DKs, Druids Hunters, Mages, Locks, Priests, Shaman, Monks - doesn't leave many. Should ban bubble classes too, Pallys gone. And stealth ones, Rogues out. So Warriors are fine - maybe not a good suggestion tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Or, perhaps some people just want personal challenges that they can undertake when friends/guildmates aren't online to do other stuff?
    You don't need an acheivement to have a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    The immediate issue I can see is this: Blood DKs....easy. Some other classed...most likely impossible. (especially soloing current content)
    Meh.. you can say that for a boatload of achievements.

Tank spec character? Good luck with those PVP achievements.
    Warlock/Hunter/Rogue/Warrior/DK? Guess you won't be getting the proving ground healing achievement.
    Melee character? Good luck with the take-no-damage-during-dailies achievements.
    Et cetera.

There are varying degrees of possible/impossible for certain classes & specs in the achievements already. I see no problem with some classes having an advantage in getting any achievement. If someone is desperate to be completionist, they can always roll a blood dk for the proposed solo achievements.

I like the idea. Bring on the old raid soloing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    DKs, Druids Hunters, Mages, Locks, Priests, Shaman, Monks - doesn't leave many. Should ban bubble classes too, Pallys gone. And stealth ones, Rogues out. So Warriors are fine - maybe not a good suggestion tbh.
    pet classes are not classes with a pet that lasts a short time, you cannot compare xuen or an earth elemental to something like a hunter pet or warlock pet which is infinitely more useful, my shaman cannot have an earth elemental tank rag 10 hc for 10 minutes+ but a warlock can summon infinite void lords to tank forever.

did i say it'd be 100% fair and equal and perfect? no, i said thats about the fairest it could get which is true, the only things that often make a class so massively superior to another for solo'in is being a tank, or having a tanking pet (hunter/lock)

but overall it doesn't matter blizzard won't add achievements in that are so specific that you require being a tank/hunter/lock to achieve them.

Think it would be to easy achievements to get titles from if it would be things that any class can do, and achievements that harder would probably be impossible for some classes and that wouldn't work out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The same could be said for proving grounds. Just make the achi's accountwide
    Not everybody wants to play something else then their main, you would be locking out of a lot of classes by giving solo achievs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    pet classes are not classes with a pet that lasts a short time, you cannot compare xuen or an earth elemental to something like a hunter pet or warlock pet which is infinitely more useful, my shaman cannot have an earth elemental tank rag 10 hc for 10 minutes+ but a warlock can summon infinite void lords to tank forever.

did i say it'd be 100% fair and equal and perfect? no, i said thats about the fairest it could get which is true, the only things that often make a class so massively superior to another for solo'in is being a tank, or having a tanking pet (hunter/lock)

but overall it doesn't matter blizzard won't add achievements in that are so specific that you require being a tank/hunter/lock to achieve them.
    A pet and free heals. Good luck doing some stuff as an elemental shaman where you can't have either. (just an example)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Not everybody wants to play something else then their main, you would be locking out of a lot of classes by giving solo achievs.
    There are *TONS* of achievements that require you to be playing different characters already. Your point is moot as blizzard clearly doesn't value your opinion there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    I would really, really love to see this. However, the amount of time to balance it properly would take too long and too much work to actually make it something feasible for blizz to put their time into.