Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks. It's LFR, not Heroic raiding. Even with low DPS, you'll still complete it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might be alright with a 40 - 50k base dps to kick someone, but even then, just no.

LFR is not a competitive arena, there's no reason to really hold people to any standard other than "don't pull the boss early."
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

It would be nice to have dps be accountable for not doing their job in the instance, but not sure that you can just kick them.

I think players should take their responsibility and KICK THE SLACKERS. But nooooo, if you try to get someone kicked you either get sworn at for even suggesting it, completely ignored or someone makes sure you're always in combat. Change the community, not the game rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    LFR is fine.

Don't like it? - Make your own raid and do flex/normal/heroic.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    Completion rate going down. Queue times going up. Massive nerfing constantly. Yep, not broken at all.

I wont be able to AFK in LFR then, so no. I don't support his.

10+ Year Old Account
    I better thing would be to have a lower chance at getting loot if you're below a certain, very low threshold. A number thats only achieved if you're afk.

But even that is still somewhat pointless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Queue times going up.
    I rarely can take a sip of my coffee before a queue comes up. Usually it's "click" "DING DING".

Deleted
    just callthe auto attack heroes out in the raid channel, that usually gets them kicked.
    The fun thin g is when an afk hero begins to argue about it saying "but I was like so active" "yeah right explain why all your damage came from your frecking water elemental...
    One of the most annoying things is if some afk person is standing in some aoe damage puddle for 3 minutes and you see he is not doing anything about or even doing dmg or anything the only thing he is is a healing sink for the healers, that is just annoying...

I know LFR is not a competetive arena, but one schould still be active in LFR. being active has nothing to do with competetivness...

And how exactly schould we ruin afk peoples "fun" if they are having so much fun in lfr that they are AFK...

All these punishment topics people write when in fact if you rewarded players for doing the things you want to kick them for then maybe it will provide motivation? Bonus valor, increase chance for roll etc.

If you have mediocre gear and fear getting kicked by the system, you will never do the important not-killing-boss jobs, like hunting adds. You will stay glued to the boss even though it means a wipe or harder fight for the others.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not possible for healers. A heroic geared healer can do ~90%+ of the healing, leaving the rest of the healers useless. Not because they're bad players or poorly geared, but because there is a limit to healing and it's filled by the one guy. For DPS I agree though, I'm fine with people feeling entitled to trying out the content, but anyone who spends a couple hours in the game a week should be able to do more than the 40-70k dps which seems to be what tons of people in lfr do.

I have a better fucking idea. Remove the dps meter. Problem solved. No more complaining from anyone.
    Game started going downhill when being top 10 on recount was "cool"
    Its really not a competition between players so ban dps meters and the game may be good again.

As it is now. You need to use that one build for each class, one boring ass rotation, that special piece of gear. There is no freedom. You cant play the game how you want to. You need to play the game just like a machine and follow the theorycrafting that everyone else follows.

Ban dps meters and see the game start to go up again in subs. When players can play the game. Not just go autopilot and follow a preset in raids

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Short story, but is kind of relevant.
    Used to look after a small child years ago and he had a severe disability with his left hand. Couldn't hold a controller, couldn't really type with any speed as he could only use his right, and his arm was crooked so even trying to use the left would cause him intense pain. Anyways, he used to love computer games, and we always used to play Tekken with him (he would always pick Law) as he could spam one button, and still enjoy himself immensely.

Now, where he to play WoW, he would have the same restrictions. He would love to see the story, would love to see the raids and environments, but obviously, he would struggle to move out of things, and even struggle to do even mediocre dps due to not having the reactions/physical capability to do so. Now, under your suggestion, he would pretty much be auto-kicked out of every LFR going because of some foolish draconian system.
    LFR was DESIGNED for players like him, low skilled/potential ability, to allow them to see content. There are 4 levels of difficulty, LFR is the absolute lowest and meant for people who simply for whatever reason cannot do the other difficulties.

Now you want to take that away from them because you feel as if somehow because you can hit a few buttons in order that means you have more *right* to the game then they? Bit egotistical and selfish don't you think?

Don't get me wrong, there are a LOT of people who abuse the system in LFR, but if you try to put something such as this in place, you end up hurting those who genuinely are trying, but simply for whatever reason, cannot do so.
    This so much.If you are one of those elitist snowflakes complaining about peoples dps in LFR i feel sorry for you.LFR is designed for everyone to see the content like everyone else on higher difficulty is living.If you want people with high dps join flex or normal as its easily puggable these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serissa View Post
    LFR is fine.

Don't like it? - Make your own raid and do flex/normal/heroic.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    It really is. The only problem with LFR is that many normal/heroic raid teams require their raiders complete LFR to complete tier sets or for trinkets, therefore they feel the burden of being forced to run it more often than they really should.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bad idea, instead of kicking people doing lower than say, if average dps is 80k- and the player is doing 20k.. Give him a buff, 200% DMG increase. That will basically boost his dps to that point.

Think of it like this. If below 80k - to 75k it wont trigger. As soon as you hit 75k -/ lower to 70k after x time it will give you a buff that can bring you up to 80k. After 80k and up the buff is gone and removed.

The buff scales with the dmg you do. Say you're at 40k and the average is fixed at 80k, you get a 100% flat dmg increase. You have a 60k you 25-30%.. At 70k you get a 15%.. Etc. Something to scale it up. I mean would it matter? This way at least the DPS doesn't suck, and if they manage to get better the buff wont affect them. Only bad thing with this is allowing people to slack, buy hey.. They are doing it so why not just let them slack with a buff dmg so the other players wont have the consequences..?

Buy hey, I'm not developer, don't know stuff about it. Probably worst idea ever and probably 100 things wrong with my idea, but hey.. Let's pretend the current with 20k dps people is good and letting the 10 people trying suffer..

Just to discourage people to slack * Add a "mark". Throughout the whole raid that this player had been slacking and it being different colour say " Green " 5-15% buff. " yellow " 20-40% " and red 41-999% ". Making them a easier target to kick and replace.. You'd understand a green mark but a red?
    Last edited by Kezotar; 2013-12-05 at 02:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I somewhat agree, but it is still a bit harsh I would say.
    But it needs to be easier to get rid of the bad players in LFR for sure.

Sure as hell shouldn't hand out more rewards without expecting people to perform better.

Awesome idea. I'm tired of fucking morons that are AFKing theirs way through LFR or using auto attacks only.

I can't get above 80k with my alt monk. Mostly doing around 70k with full timeless gear and a 435 blue weapon. More ppl have the same gear as me and doing the same dps.

Bad idea.