Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    So you "do what they do" to get them to stop doing what they do? That is hypocrisy in action sir/madam.
    How is that doing what they do? Going into an LFR and bashing them unprovoked in return would be the equivalent. Posting about it here is just a way to discuss it. Obviously, Blizzard wont be implementing a feature to get rid of them. This thread serves as a notion that people are getting sick of it in their raids.

Deleted
    I don't quite get what your definition of an elitist is. Someone who swears at other players? Someone who calls out other players when they fuck up?

What on earth are you on about?

10+ Year Old Account
    I read the OP and the first thing that came to my mind is "Is this fellow serious? Is he actually defending mediocre playing / skill?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killuha View Post
    The only thing I don't like about LFR existing is that early in the tier you might feel compelled to run it on your main to get tierbonuses/trinkets, this issue was kinda alleviated with the introduction of flex.

Other than that I think LFR is an ok tool for people who can't commit to schedules or for gearing up alts. And this is a sentiment shared by most of the heroic raiders.
    And as I stated before, my issue is not with Heroic raiders, at least not with the nice and helpful ones. My issue is with the anonymous bullies who take pleasure in yelling and belittling other players.

Deleted
    How about a rudeness penalty, if you use the word "bad, nub, noob", etc then you get less loot/honour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    e·lit·ist [ih-lee-tist ey-lee‐] Show IPA
    adjective
    (of a person or class of persons) considered superior by others or by themselves, as in intellect, talent, power, wealth, or position in society: elitist country clubbers who have theirs and don't care about anybody else.
    catering to or associated with an elitist class, its ideologies, or its institutions: Even at such a small, private college, Latin and Greek are under attack as too elitist.
    noun
    a person having, thought to have, or professing superior intellect or talent, power, wealth, or membership in the upper echelons of society: He lost a congressional race in Texas by being smeared as an Eastern elitist.
    a person who believes in the superiority of an elitist class.

By that definition, if you are doing 40k DPS and not understanding mechanics you damn well have no reason to feel elite AT ALL, and when people bitch and moan about "elitists" they 9 times out of 10 are referring to people of good skill who try and tell other people how to improve.
    Selective reading

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    That's what an elitist is! Somebody who believes themselves better than others
    No, you have to be at least decent. Just thinking you are good doesn't make you an elitist. 90% of the playerbase would be an elitist by that definition

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Which is precisely why having a "Hardcore" or "Casual" choice in the Queue window is a good idea. Would keep us from even having to interact and eliminate the need to clog up my ignore list.
    Who the hell would queue casual? Lets be honest. Every bad player thinks he is the hero or thinks it is his right to play as he does.
    And if there could be a forced seperation the casuals would start to cry that it takes too long.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    I don't quite get what your definition of an elitist is. Someone who swears at other players? Someone who calls out other players when they fuck up?

What on earth are you on about?
    Well it's definition has already been posted 8x

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magarishun View Post
    No, you have to be at least decent. Just thinking you are good doesn't make you an elitist. 90% of the playerbase would be an elitist by that definition
    YES.IT.DOES

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    How is that doing what they do? Going into an LFR and bashing them unprovoked in return would be the equivalent. Posting about it here is just a way to discuss it. Obviously, Blizzard wont be implementing a feature to get rid of them. This thread serves as a notion that people are getting sick of it in their raids.
    I think you missed a couple of posts by people then. I keep seeing "OH YOU'RE AN ELITIST! GET OUT" which is the same as an "Elitist" saying "OH YOU'RE A NOOB! GET OUT!". Just because it isn't for the same EXACT reason doesn't make it any less the same. Coming in here to bash "Elitists" is just a public way of doing what they do in a small group of 24 other people.

Now I don't condone what they do, and get annoyed at those people. I just don't agree with dealing with it in a hypocritical manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Who the hell would queue casual? Lets be honest. Every bad player thinks he is the hero or thinks it is his right to play as he does.
    And if there could be a forced seperation the casuals would start to cry that it takes too long.
    Legitimately bad players are rarely a real problem. Afking, griefing and intentionally being bad is.

10+ Year Old Account
    why does it seem like this thread is just a flame war. Id like to think i fall somewhere between casual and hardcore. As it is if I where to que up and get with the people in this thread "casual" and "elitist" id peace the fuck out because you all are acting like children. ITT: A shit show
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    That is him trying to help the player be better and know how to gem. HELPING, not saying "I KNOW HOW TO GEM NEENER NEENER" to the poor fella while he is laying in mud scrambling with the wrong gems in his gear. This is why players don't help people, they try and get it thrown into their face. I personally only had it happen once, but have received mostly nice conversations all around.
    If someone doesn't ask for help, that makes someone whispering them unhelpful and a douche for telling them " you are gemming wrong you should be gemming this way" Several times I've read responses from Blues where they say they want people to play the way they want and than you get people who tell you that you are doing it wrong and think they are helpful? really that is so flawed its not even remotely funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Which is precisely why having a "Hardcore" or "Casual" choice in the Queue window is a good idea. Would keep us from even having to interact and eliminate the need to clog up my ignore list.
    I'm not sure how you find that many people who are complaining....

At most the conversation in LFR is: "soulwell pls", "buff x pls" or on some occasions "kick x, he's been afk for more than 10 mins"...
    Granted I haven't run SoO LFR much with the introduction of flex but in the 20 odd LFRs I haven't had much flaming or complaining(apart about lack of tanks :S)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    I know I would queue as casual. Then the casual queue can have lower ilvl gear, simpler mechanics, and lower HP for bosses. Then we could get in, see the content, and have fun playing. And, it would in no way be an insult to hardcores as the gear would be 15 points lower and they would not have to "carry" us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magarishun View Post
    e·lit·ism
    əˈlēˌtizəm,āˈlē-/Submit
    noun
    noun: elitism
    the advocacy or existence of an elite as a dominating element in a system or society.
    the attitude or behavior of a person or group who regard themselves as belonging to an elite.
    e·lite
    əˈlēt,āˈlēt/Submit
    noun
    noun: elite; plural noun: elites
    a group of people considered (by others or themselves) to be the best in a particular society or category, esp. because of their power, talent, or wealth.
    e·lit·ist
    əˈlētist,āˈlētist/Submit
    noun
    adjective: elitist; noun: elitist; plural noun: elitists
    a person who believes that a system or society should be ruled or dominated by an elite.
    Google definitions. A player could very easily think themselves good when they aren't.

Good idea, but it needs to extend to trade/general chat. Ban the first person who belittles someone in either chat for 7 days. Maybe it will become usable again with the trash gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    I think your definition of elitist is completely rigged.

I, myself, am one. Without a doubt. I absolutely hate playing with what I consider sub-par players, and as such, I try to have contact with them as little as possible. That means nearly never running flex/LFR/LFD.

That being said, I'm also probably one of the nicest people around. When I do have to use such tools I'm just the silent person that does her job and never says a word for the entire run regardless of what I may think of the other players' performance. When some people ask me questions I try to answer it in whispers only as I very well understand how genuine answers could be considered as bragging from the wrong point of view. I've practically never seen drama in any of my LFDs or LFRs. While I'm sure the LFR community doesn't need me at all, I'm also fairly sure that I do have a positive impact on the groups I'm part of, as I have never experienced any of these LFR horror stories that get discussed so often.

What you want to remove are badmouthers, regardless of their skill level or attitude. You do not need to trashtalk people to be an elitist, and you do not need to be good at the game to trashtalk people.
    Maybe elitist on some degree, but you aren't vocal about it. Thats what the huge issue is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    This inferiority complex is absolutely pathetic, get a grip. If someones yelling at you your obviously doing something wrong, if you arent then they're just your typical douchebag that the ignore button is for.
    This. Use the ignore button. Blizzard can't fix a toxic community, don't feed the trolls, just ignore them. I ignored six people in my last LFR run (a coincidental record, normally I don't have to ignore anyone), I'm very happy to never have to encounter them again and they didn't ruin my fun. And battlegrounds... if there's one place people need to get yelled at it's a freaking battleground, people still middle-failing in most of them while it gives almost no rewards. I really wish Blizzard would just cave and give a team deathmatch mode so the people who cba with objectives can go fail in those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Google definitions. A player could very easily think themselves good when they aren't.
    Kinda hard to think you are good while doing 40k DPS, ignoring mechanics, being refused to raid normals and being told you suck on a constant basis
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.