Page 17 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    For me toxic beavious/toxic players are those bad players who does not try to learn, who are always fail, who thinks they can do whatever they want in any part of the game just because they can queue.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ontent-Fan-Art

You can see attendance to raids from here. As far as I understand this is not character based, this is account based statistics. If you have the ability to analyze statics you can understand me.

I am always leading LFRs, asking for leadership in case raid fails. But I have a limit. When it's a wipe il LFR 4-5 times ofc I hit to that limit and start yelling and asking people to kick failers. I have seen many people like me but you call me elitist and say "stfu".

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Thank you for showing us all such a fine example of an elitist attitude....
    Thank you for reaffirming why an elitist attitude is not a bad thing.

No, if you are tanking and #2 on dps it does not necessarily mean that the other dps'ers in the group "deserve" any kind of abuse.
    I didn't say anything about abuse. Suggesting someone learn how to play their class more effectively or perhaps take 5 minutes to read the dungeon journal and watch a Youtube video before wasting 24 other peoples' time and effort is not "abuse." It's advice. Maybe it's advice they don't want to hear, but that doesn't make it "abuse."

If you're tanking in level 580 dps gear, expect to be #2 or even #1 on the dps meter in LFR.
    Okay, I'm not doing that. I'm tanking in 530 tank gear, and beating 75% of the DPS in LFR who clearly aren't even using all of their abilities, let alone in anything resembling a rotation. If I can do 120k DPS in 530 tank gear, you shouldn't be coming in at 60k DPS as a pure damage class, even if I outgear you.

you linked the definition of elitism not elitists. elitists try to do everything and everything to the best of their nature securing victory for themselves. so which one do you want out of BG's? the idiots saying they are the best but are shit? elitism kids? or the elitists who carry you through wins?

Bloodsail Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by orville078 View Post
    If you don't want to tolerate them, then use your ignore button.
    The putting them on ignore does nothing, if they think they can get away with being an ass, they will always be one no what group they end up in, in the future. I queue for the LFR occasionally just to do something different. I do not want to have sit there and have to wait 5 or 10 minutes for some to stop raging, so the boss can be pulled.

I am more concerned with the people who either auto attack, do nothing or immediately die when a boss fight starts. There should be a minimum dps that people should have to maintain (for dps) or get no loot and get auto kicked. For the people who die immediately, same thing, you have to live til the boss is down to 20 percent

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    This system might work if we weren't human. If it means a faster queue, you're going to get people abusing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody else seems to either. But that's okay.
    If that's what you use to excuse your inept logic, that is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I support the notion that people should actually try to be better. Seriously, don't like being told "scrub dps", get better. Someone says "Hey, if you gemmed this way, reforged this way, changed your rotation you could do so much better", don't jump all over them because you want to join a raid and push 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 4, 2, 1, 3 the entire fight.
    But that's my rogue rotation! lol. Really though, as stated above you, there are horrible people on both sides of the coin. Elitist is misused as a word, but the point of the thread stands. Toxic players need to be dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by Orukmeta View Post
    you have to live til the boss is down to 20 percent
    took you seriously until I saw that.

This ridiculous hugbox of a thread really didn't need to be made.

Whales, I'm curious, do you believe that the majority of players are elitists? So, can you mathematically explain why you'd still be pulling and filling your groups with the same players making such a system pointless. This logic is so funny.

I don't wish the non constructive flamers (healers suck, tank suck, kick them people) to be removed. I just want them to be banned from in-game chat globally.

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Not really, anyone who thinks they are good at the game doing 40k dps and always dying isn't an elitist he is a moron, big difference......so maybe the OP should change the thread title to "Auto kick douche bags"
    Elitism as an attitude has nothing to do with skill. You can see the difference between saying "that guy's an elitist", and "this guy is an elite player", yes?
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    And I think people overestimate the raging in LFR in general.
    Now granted I don't go there very often, but most of the time, my groups say less than the bosses.
    Agree, there are some runs that are horrible, but lucky blizzard have put a solution to this in the game. It's called votekick! if enough people are annoyed the person yelling will usually get kicked..

(Agree ther should be a similar option in BG though)

Mechagnome
    I will personally come and wipe your LFR Run 50 times on my alt.

Can we stop with these threads all the time? 4reals
    Why are Dungeons and Scenarios mash-fests that take less time than the actual queue or wait list? What a waste of content design...

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    You're right. You have the option to vote kick a player. Or are you the only person who believes this person is an asshole?
    Sadly, most vote kicks for assholes fail since they are usually doing the top of the chart for damage or healing. Plus, most people won't speak up cause it is usually the jerk who runs it 20 times a day and has friends who will help vote kick you just for speaking up.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    I have to concur with you. This person is clearly deluding himself into believing that the real world operates in this way. In the real world, elitism will typically get you into trouble with your respective company and hence, one may notice that elitism tends to occur most with those in entrepreneurs--those who can't and do not want to work with others. The delusion...
    Elitism doesn't exist in companies?

Oh you naive person.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Alright, I'm gonna sum this up because I have some things to do. I feel as though you think that I'm labeling all Elitists as bad and all Casuals as good. Thats not the case.

There are douches on both side; the idiots who flaunt their superiority over others and the idiots who label anything helpful as elitism. The former are the douchey Elitists and the latter are the idiotic Casuals. That being said, there are also good people from each side. From what I've seen, the point this thread is discussing is the issue with the douchey Elitists, not the good ones.
    I'd honestly would put up with elitist assholes all day long if they are pulling their weight and making life easier for myself, but I will not tolerate the terrible, 20k DPS, loud mouth asshole that is doing nothing but causing trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    If that's what you use to excuse your inept logic, that is fine.
    I don't know what I did to offend you, but you're welcome to explain to me exactly why your system wouldn't just start taking from the toxic list from the inevitably longer queues. We're not just talking about tanks. But if you're content to try and start some flame war, don't bother replying.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Why are Dungeons and Scenarios mash-fests that take less time than the actual queue or wait list? What a waste of content design...
    Do challenge mode or heroic scenarios, and stop making my country look bad. It's 2-3am, go to bed mate.

Quote Originally Posted by FearGX View Post
    took you seriously until I saw that.
    Eh, its just an idea. Couldnr think of a way to punish ppl that die on purpose compared to legit deaths.