Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
28
68
... LastLast
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Sadly, most vote kicks for assholes fail since they are usually doing the top of the chart for damage or healing. Plus, most people won't speak up cause it is usually the jerk who runs it 20 times a day and has friends who will help vote kick you just for speaking up.
    Seems like people don't feel that some text is a big enough excuse to kick someone. Why would you want to try and force a change that people don't seem to want?

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    There's an ignore button for that very reason.
    There is no such thing as an ignore button. If there was, I would've blown mine up by now from overuse. There is an ignore FUNCTION, which requires more than just pressing an imaginary button. And no, they are not the same thing.

    Elitists are one of the reasons, probably the main reason actually, I stopped doing anything bigger than 5-mans. And I still get them there, just usually only one at a time. Much easier to deal with. I really wish there was something more that we could do other than just ignoring them or getting them booted from the group. They'll just rage in trade about how they were treated unfairly by noob dumbasses, and then when the deserter debuff fades, they'll just pop right back in but even more pissy than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    I will personally come and wipe your LFR Run 50 times on my alt.

    Can we stop with these threads all the time? 4reals
    I am not looking for someone to come wipe my raids. I am looking for someone who is not an asshat and rude to people to come wipe my raids. Judging from your attitude during that statement, you don't seem like the friendly person I could count on to achieve such a task.

  4. #344
    Immortal Granyala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Arkon-III
    Posts
    7,840
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    There is no such thing as an ignore button. If there was, I would've blown mine up by now from overuse. There is an ignore FUNCTION, which requires more than just pressing an imaginary button. And no, they are not the same thing.
    Create new chat tab w/o instance channels.
    Display tab.
    ???
    Profit.

    Ifalna Sha'yoko on Twitter and Armory - Occasionally unfaithful to WoW with my Adorable Miqo'te - (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━ ┻

  5. #345
    I do not consider myself an elitist nor do i bash people but i can see why sometimes it is understandable. I just picked up WoL a few days ago and I wanted to give it a try so i joined LFR first wing on my main (13/14 normal). We passed immerseus with half the raid the other half beeing dead... Next up second boss, the protectors. Besides the ussual stand in shit no healing deaths, I did not see any1 pass mark of anguish. All who got targeted by it died. All of them. In the end we wiped with too few people left... after the wipe i checked recount to see why things were moving so slow and i was stunned. I was doing 250k DPS and was the only one in the entire raid who had more than 100k. I really find this unacceptable, 3 months into the patch, with timeless gear and whatnot. I did not swear i did not call names but my God some of them really did not belong there. I just wished them "Good luck, you're going to need it" and left. I never thought that log will serve some purpose ever so i deleted it but i regret doing it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    People QQ about EVERYTHING. Even the smallest.
    Except AoE looting. Everyone fucking loves AoE looting and would go as far as making it their sole reasong to resub...
    *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by KonkeroaR View Post
    Fuck it, I'm going all in. WoW will lose 30 million subs when WoD launches and the remaining -22 million subscriber deficit will bankrupt Blizzard entirely.

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the urge to bad mouth or belittle his team.

    In the end, it is just a game. It should not matter that those of us who might prefer LFR don't do 150K in DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe. Shit happens. So the elitists either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play our game our way. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs while the majority of us casuals enjoy our game at our own pace.

    #NoMoreElitists
    But... I thought we were still hating the whole "no flying" thing??

    You're too fucking hard to keep up with MMOC!

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    Seems like people don't feel that some text is a big enough excuse to kick someone. Why would you want to try and force a change that people don't seem to want?
    Being too afraid to speak up =/= problem does not exist. It's like saying she doesn't talk about her bruises, so her husband must not be abusing her.

  8. #348
    It's alright. We're already in Flex.

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by Quixdraw View Post
    The putting them on ignore does nothing, if they think they can get away with being an ass, they will always be one no what group they end up in, in the future. I queue for the LFR occasionally just to do something different. I do not want to have sit there and have to wait 5 or 10 minutes for some to stop raging, so the boss can be pulled.
    So you want to change them? If they have a crappy personality that is just the way it is, maybe if we ignore all of them and they aren't able to find a que they will take the hint. You can't force them to change their personality, if they violate the codes of conduct or whatever and get banned - problem solved.

    However, I don't think the problem being addressed is people with elitist mindsets. I think this is really being directed at people who call you out if you perform sub-par and aren't willing to listen to advice. Sure you may want to play your way, thats cool, but when I am running a 5 man, 10 man, 25 man, I want people around me who have thick skin and are receptive to constructive criticism, want to constantly find ways to play better, and have a decent shake on how to play. If you want to go out and try some random gemming thing and spec your own way - cool, but if we start failing and everyone else is pulling their weight but you and you stick your boots in the ground "THIS IS MY PLAY STYLE STOP HARASSING ME, DONT TELL ME HOW TO PLAY", then don't be surprised if the reaction you receive is less than desirable. Those people, along with people who legitimately think they are better than others ARE the problem, but you can't change a rotten egg...and last I checked the ignore button works REALLY well.

    I think for some of you it might do you some good to put up with intolerable people every now and then, build up some thick skin/patience.

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Sadly, most vote kicks for assholes fail since they are usually doing the top of the chart for damage or healing. Plus, most people won't speak up cause it is usually the jerk who runs it 20 times a day and has friends who will help vote kick you just for speaking up.
    Ok now we definately know you're bitter because of an argument you had in a PuG with someone who called you out for doing badly.

  11. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I'd honestly would put up with elitist assholes all day long if they are pulling their weight and making life easier for myself, but I will not tolerate the terrible, 20k DPS, loud mouth asshole that is doing nothing but causing trouble.
    I don't condone assholes in general. Only thing worse than an asshole who pulls his weight, is an asshole who doesn't.

  12. #352
    The Patient DCT1080's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the urge to bad mouth or belittle his team.

    In the end, it is just a game. It should not matter that those of us who might prefer LFR don't do 150K in DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe. Shit happens. So the elitists either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play our game our way. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs while the majority of us casuals enjoy our game at our own pace.

    #NoMoreElitists
    Here's an idea, lets develop features in the game that separate those players who can play well, the elites, and those players that cannot/appear unable/refuse to play well.

    Oh no, wait, don't waste time and money developing something for this, it is already in the game all over the place. Yeah, sorry for the sarcastic opening line, but systems to "remove" elitists from raids and bgs are already in place. They're called heroic raiding and high rated pvp. The elites play those modes of the game and, unless they are shit and therefore not elite, play pretty much amongst their own kind. You needn't worry about them. If, on an off day or some downtime, they infiltrate your modes of gameplay and start mouthing off, ignore them. The chances of an actual "elite" raider or pvper porting into your LFR/random bg and causing trouble are pretty slim. It is also pretty easy to find out who actually is elite and who just has a big mouth. The armoury is a great tool for that.

  13. #353
    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Ok now we definately know you're bitter because of an argument you had in a PuG with someone who called you out for doing badly.
    Of course I am bitter about a situation. This is a forum and I am complaining. DUUUUUUUUUUUH! I was in a BG, Arathi Basin, and I was minding my biz fighting with Horde to hold the Lumbermill. Some asshat keeps screaming about the Mine and how we are all worthless scrubs who should uninstall and kill ourselves cause we are wasting HIS time in HIS Battleground.

  14. #354
    Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Elitism doesn't exist in companies?

    Oh you naive person.
    Comprehension. I never said that.

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Being too afraid to speak up =/= problem does not exist. It's like saying she doesn't talk about her bruises, so her husband must not be abusing her.
    I think it's going a little far to say that someone being abused is as afraid to speak up as someone that has 100% anonymity. People don't have to say anything to hit yes on a vote kick that you initiate.

  16. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    It's alright. We're already in Flex.
    Woah, we got a badass over here! This guys seriously hardcore. He moved onto FLEX!

    For real though, that's what's bad about "elitists" is that they're usually not actually good at the game, they just pretend to be by putting others down. Case in point: the guy who thinks he's pro for moving onto flex.

    Lmao

  17. #357
    Warchief Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    2,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Create new chat tab w/o instance channels.
    Display tab.
    ???
    Profit.
    I've never done this. When you do, does chat still appear above people's heads?

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

  18. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Sadly, most vote kicks for assholes fail since they are usually doing the top of the chart for damage or healing.
    Right. Isn't that a clue for you? Maybe that most people disagree with you that "attitude" is more important than simply performing well in LFR, killing bosses, and succeeding as a group in achieving goals?

  19. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I've never done this. When you do, does chat still appear above people's heads?
    No, but you can turn chat bubbles off in the interface panel.

  20. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    Seems like people don't feel that some text is a big enough excuse to kick someone. Why would you want to try and force a change that people don't seem to want?
    You please the outliers in hope of sustaining your player base. It is called being progressive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •