Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ...
9
17
18
19
20
21
29
... LastLast
  1. #361
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Of course I am bitter about a situation. This is a forum and I am complaining. DUUUUUUUUUUUH! I was in a BG, Arathi Basin, and I was minding my biz fighting with Horde to hold the Lumbermill. Some asshat keeps screaming about the Mine and how we are all worthless scrubs who should uninstall and kill ourselves cause we are wasting HIS time in HIS Battleground.
    Get over it? Why hold that anger for so long? It's not good for your health.

  2. #362
    Dreadlord Steampunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Outside of Chicago, Il.
    Posts
    768
    Quote Originally Posted by Das View Post
    You don't want to remove elitists, you want to remove dumbasses, big difference.
    No... we want to remove elitists.

    They often don't know they're in fact the dumbasses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.

  3. #363
    Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    I don't know what I did to offend you, but you're welcome to explain to me exactly why your system wouldn't just start taking from the toxic list from the inevitably longer queues. We're not just talking about tanks. But if you're content to try and start some flame war, don't bother replying.
    Your futile logic is offensive. You argued that, "Wouldn't those safeguards render the whole system pointless?" Now, your argument is constant pulling some "toxic" players all the time. The idea is to minimize the amount of toxic players.

  4. #364
    Pit Lord Frolk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Norway, Lørenskog
    Posts
    2,267
    So u want the 350k+ dps to be kicked cause he yelled on the 30k dps for holding back the raid or even wiping the raid for doing stupid shit
    Are u THAT easily butthurt that u cant take criticism or someone calling you out for being bad at ur class?
    I put the laughter in manslaughter
    Blood DK problems: to many ppl at daily place, cant pull 8packs *cries*
    BF3>CoD Cola>Pepsi PC>Mac Xbox>PS3

  5. #365
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the urge to bad mouth or belittle his team.

    In the end, it is just a game. It should not matter that those of us who might prefer LFR don't do 150K in DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe. Shit happens. So the elitists either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play our game our way. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs while the majority of us casuals enjoy our game at our own pace.

    #NoMoreElitists
    It sounds like you can't even handle tanking LFR, which is a major problem. Instead of getting upset at the raid for rightfully calling you out for wiping in LFR, I'd work on your game a bit more so this doesn't happen. Wiping in LFR, on any level, should not happen -- ever. Wiping on normals sometimes, but wiping on heroics is acceptable while progressing, obviously. You have misplaced anger, sir. Your anger is actually at yourself for not being good enough to tank LFR, but you're taking it out on the poor souls who had to suffer through it and randomly got put into the run with you. Chain tank heroics and do further research on boss fights in raids. Continue to work on Proving Grounds. If PVP is your thing, do many, many battlegrounds before even daring do Arenas or RBG. This is friendly advice, please don't take offense.

  6. #366
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    You please the outliers in hope of sustaining your player base. It is called being progressive.
    I don't think kicking people out of raids is really the way we want to be "pleasing outliers" Especially when the other people in the raid are against it. What about those other people, by the way, won't they become a group that should be equally considered?

  7. #367
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
    No... we want to remove elitists.

    They often don't know they're in fact the dumbasses.
    Yeah, but what about the "dumbasses" that aren't elitist?

  8. #368
    Scarab Lord b2121945's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    EUSSR
    Posts
    4,355
    You don't want to do it in PvE, or you won't be able to finish that raid (without Blizzard overnerfing it for you).
    You don't want to do it in PvP, because your skill will never increase, if you won't play against and with more skilled players than you are.

  9. #369
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Your futile logic is offensive. You argued that, "Wouldn't those safeguards render the whole system pointless?" Now, your argument is constant pulling some "toxic" players all the time. The idea is to minimize the amount of toxic players.
    Yes, and with that, you agree, would come with higher queues. You also said that if a queue is long enough(your 1 tank example) it would start pulling players from the toxic player list that you currently have filtered out. I think the system contradicts itself if it pulls even a single "toxic" player into your group because you're getting a longer queue but still with toxic players.

  10. #370
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Get over it? Why hold that anger for so long? It's not good for your health.
    Am already over it. This is cathartic.

  11. #371
    Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    Yes, and with that, you agree, would come with higher queues. You also said that if a queue is long enough(your 1 tank example) it would start pulling players from the toxic player list that you currently have filtered out. I think the system contradicts itself if it pulls even a single "toxic" player into your group because you're getting a longer queue but still with toxic players.
    Wow. What did I say about minimizing the amount of such players in a raid?

  12. #372
    How the hell can one be an elitist in LFR ?! It's like being a food critic and judging a turd on the sidewalk.

  13. #373
    Pit Lord Lei Shi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Terrace of Endless Spring
    Posts
    2,492
    Quote Originally Posted by Rekkuza View Post
    that would be very hard to implement, blizzard DO need to do something against toxic players however.

    Just an idea I thought of, they could implement a hotkey that when pressed while a player is targetted, reports them for foul language aimed at players.
    Game masters could check the message history of these offenders and take appropriate action, for example if said reported players chat history is mostly foul language aimed at others, blizzard could ban them for a week on the grounds of persistent offensive behaviour.
    No wonder the gm queue is 8 days long if they have to deal with crap like this, while the cheeters and such remain unreported. Language is so harmless it shouldn't even be on the list of valid report reasons. The chat filter and ignore button exist for a reason.

  14. #374
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Wow. What did I say about minimizing the amount of such players in a raid?
    I'm sorry if I misunderstand, but if you filter out toxic players, that leaves you with less total players to pull from.

  15. #375
    I still think the ignore button is an incredibly easy and viable option, being on the internet already takes out 95-99% of the heat from a confrontation - if you don't like the way something is going then ignore the person. If you are too much of a coward or are too lazy to type /ignore on your own then "elitist" players in WoW might not be your larger problem.

  16. #376
    Epic! Miuku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Get over it? Why hold that anger for so long? It's not good for your health.
    He's baiting the forum by posting about "elitists" and people who expect a certain level of investment the game.

    He knows that by bringing up these points he'll be able to stir up flames in the forums. In short, he's flame baiting and by the looks of it, he's succeeded - almost 20 pages already.
    :: We are cows - proud and true. Come on Tauren - Moo Moo Moo!

  17. #377
    Not to point out the extreme obvious here but why is it that the only people who seemingly want to get rid of "elitists" are the ones who never actually take the time to enchant, or gem their gear..or even learn how to play properly. It seems to me that they haven't actually considered that they are a hinderance to all of the players they queue into, casuals and elitists and any other branding of player you can think of. Everybody wants to have fun in this game, usually having fun for MOST of the player population is winning, whether it be killing bosses or killing other players everybody wants to win. When you don't take the time or effort to learn your class put any effort into your gear it makes other players resent you which incurs a negative attitude towards you because you're not putting in any effort at all.

    Case and point - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erman/advanced

  18. #378
    A computer programm, that can detect a persons intent, and kick/not kick based on its decicion.

    sure, that will work great, will not be abused (anyone remeber kickrules 1.0?), or would be completely bypassable by anyone spending some time on how it works.
    If you are looking for a group of likeminded people, dont go lfr. Or go lfr and try to kick the guys you dont like.
    The idea of a computer doing a raidleaders job is completley illusionary. Also Skynet.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

  19. #379
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffandthings View Post
    Not to point out the extreme obvious here but why is it that the only people who seemingly want to get rid of "elitists" are the ones who never actually take the time to enchant, or gem their gear..or even learn how to play properly. It seems to me that they haven't actually considered that they are a hinderance to all of the players they queue into, casuals and elitists and any other branding of player you can think of. Everybody wants to have fun in this game, usually having fun for MOST of the player population is winning, whether it be killing bosses or killing other players everybody wants to win. When you don't take the time or effort to learn your class put any effort into your gear it makes other players resent you which incurs a negative attitude towards you because you're not putting in any effort at all.

    Case and point - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erman/advanced
    Null point. The account apparently doesn't raid, either. Is this a character of someone that you are trying to insult here?

  20. #380
    Brewmaster
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    1,360
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    I didn't say anything about abuse. Suggesting someone learn how to play their class more effectively or perhaps take 5 minutes to read the dungeon journal and watch a Youtube video before wasting 24 other peoples' time and effort is not "abuse." It's advice. Maybe it's advice they don't want to hear, but that doesn't make it "abuse."Okay, I'm not doing that. I'm tanking in 530 tank gear, and beating 75% of the DPS in LFR who clearly aren't even using all of their abilities, let alone in anything resembling a rotation. If I can do 120k DPS in 530 tank gear, you shouldn't be coming in at 60k DPS as a pure damage class, even if I outgear you.
    Ok, we are playing a game here with people of very diverse background and skill levels, hence why this is an MMPRPG game, not every one want to take the time to watch videos, learn or care about gem and enchanting gear or even a rotation for that matter, all they really want to do is just play the game for a few hours or more. Should they care and should they at least take some sort responsibility to know something about the game and their character absolutely, but many really don't want to go to that trouble.

    This is why Blizzard made pet battles and places like timeless isle, so they can go do these things and leave the rest of the people alone. Many people bitch and complain about the LFR and the LFD systems, but it is not the system fault that people don't care. These tools were also not made for the average player that do care or want to have some semblants of an organized group of people, hence why the summoning stones are still in the game today.

    LFR should never be used by people that do organized raiding at all, it was not meant for them or people like yourself. You and many others do them because the RNG gods don't drop enough gear in the normal raid environment to suit of taste, so you think you can just queue up and make up for what you lack to receive otherwise and then complain to people that this feature was actually meant for that they suck and should not be in there. When in fact you are the one that has no business being in a feature of the game that was not meant for you to even be in.

    The only reasons I do the LFR now verses doing organized raiding: 1) I do have the time and would rather spend what time a do have doing other stuff in the game. 2) Having to listen to the constant bitching and complaining in a vent over gear and who should receive it or whining about who cause the wipe on the boss, instead of just concentrating on actually just killing the boss and moving on to the next one.

    This advice as you call it does not usually come across well in the first place, because instead of remaining calm and tactful, they come across belittling and condescending, I see this happen all the time and as soon as it happens I either try to kick the person or just leave the group and requeue again, because they are now wasting my time. Do I care that someone does not want to try or go AFK, yea I do, but I am there just to get a shot at a piece of gear or in many cases just trying to cap my valor for the week.

    My slamming someone for doing 20k is not going to change the way they chose to play the game. I can only be accountable for my own actions. If I am one of 5 or 10 people standing at the end of the fight because I know not to stand in shit, so be it. I would rather just get the experience over with and move on to the next boss or queue for the next wing of the raid. I am not going to waste my time or others time trying to change how someone else plays the game. They pay to play, so they play, if you have a problem with that, then maybe you should stay out of the LFR altogether and save you blood pressure for your guild runs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •