Page 20 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Am already over it. This is cathartic.
    Hahah oh my

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    A computer programm, that can detect a persons intent, and kick/not kick based on its decicion.

sure, that will work great, will not be abused (anyone remeber kickrules 1.0?), or would be completely bypassable by anyone spending some time on how it works.
    If you are looking for a group of likeminded people, dont go lfr. Or go lfr and try to kick the guys you dont like.
    The idea of a computer doing a raidleaders job is completley illusionary. Also Skynet.
    What will they do? Invent new words to insult with? Do you live in a world where technology cannot be updated? Is adding a word to a list of words for the next hotpatch deployment that hard?

Which is precisely why having a "Hardcore" or "Casual" choice in the Queue window is a good idea. Would keep us from even having to interact and eliminate the need to clog up my ignore list.
    Yet AGAIN you make the assumption that casual players are innocent lambs who never do no harm.

It's so ass-backwards with respect to reality.

Get it into your head; most of the people crying and screaming and acting, per your definition, like elitists, ARE THE CASUAL PLAYERS.

The hardcore players just kill shit and keep quiet.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like more than half of you more than you deserve.

Seriously if you mess up at something, more often than not the best thing you can do is try to improve, not challenge the people who called you out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post
    Yet AGAIN you make the assumption that casual players are innocent lambs who never do no harm.

Get it into your head; most of the people crying and screaming and acting, per your definition, like elitists, ARE THE CASUAL PLAYERS.

If they do LFR at all
    "Of all the animals, man is the only one that is cruel. He is the only one who inflicts pain for the pleasure of doing it." - Mark Twain

I concur with you. I've rarely seen hardcore players enter LFR or even Flex and say anything.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Null point. The account apparently doesn't raid, either. Is this a character of someone that you are trying to insult here?
    Why do you think it's an insult? Is it because he is pointing out that person is lazy? He said he needs to enchant and stuff, and listed why it's good thing to do. Snide remarks can easily be ignored in this case. Are you really telling me that if someone offered you insanely useful advice and then said "scrub" at the end you would ignore all and complain till you turn blue? Sure have turned into a spineless community of babies haven't we.

Field Marshal
    Sadly, most vote kicks for assholes fail since they are usually doing the top of the chart for damage or healing. Plus, most people won't speak up cause it is usually the jerk who runs it 20 times a day and has friends who will help vote kick you just for speaking up.
    So basicly your saying: MOST people are not anoyed by this (if they were they would use the vote to kick). But earlier you said that those 5% ruin the game for the other 95%?? witch one is it? If not even 5 people feel the abuse is bad enough that it should result in a kick, then you claiming 5% ruining the game for 95% of the players is just a flat out lie

I totally agree with you that people flaming in LFR is anoying (why I always ignore and try to kick them.) But you can complain about it if your not even trying to get them kick (do you even mark them for vote to kick)? you might be amased at how often it work. =)

btw: if I see people yelling "kick player X he got so low dps" or something like that in LFR I generally try to vote to kick the person yelling instead =) (also super fun when they get kicked before player X) =)
    Last edited by Lamelight; 2013-12-05 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Why do you think it's an insult? Is it because he is pointing out that person is lazy? He said he needs to enchant and stuff, and listed why it's good thing to do. Snide remarks can easily be ignored in this case. Are you really telling me that if someone offered you insanely useful advice and then said "scrub" at the end you would ignore all and complain till you turn blue? Sure have turned into a spineless community of babies haven't we.
    Nope. That isn't the problem. The problem is nonconstructive criticism. In addition, this thread isn't about his/her problems, it is about elitist crap.

Exactly. People by now should realize that being a casual and having an elitism attitude is not mutually exclusive. On the contrary, one quite often comes with the other.

The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the urge to bad mouth or belittle his team.

In the end, it is just a game. It should not matter that those of us who might prefer LFR don't do 150K in DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe. Shit happens. So the elitists either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play our game our way. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs while the majority of us casuals enjoy our game at our own pace.

#NoMoreElitists
    YES YES!!!!! Gather the masses of unwashed and diseased scrubs. Gather your banner and remove any player with an ounce of skill and the backbone to express their desire that others do to.

There is no bad RNG only bad L2P

What about the second person who yells profanity? They obviously get kick protection, right? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Delti View Post
    If Forgettable knew what he was doing with his keyboard, I would totally kick his ass in dps!
    ^ My guild leader while drunk.

So, I've taken the last 10 minutes or so to read over 99% of this thread.
    I think the OP is the true definition of "elitist" that he is trying to ban out of his raids/BGs.
    Yes, it is your time, your money, you can do with and feel entitled to having everything you want because you pay for it. But the same goes of the opposition, their money, their time, they can feel entitled to having everything they want because they ALSO pay for it.
    It is, without a shred of doubt, ELITIST to want to ban or kick ANYONE for ANYTHING you don't like. You might be a king wanting to play with other kings. You might be a fucking moron wanting to play with fucking morons or anything in between. But trying to exclude anyone from any of the activities, because your don't want to deal with them, is elitist to the fullest extent.

You're also not trying to control elitism. You're trying to prevent assholism. I know that I'm a better player than most, not because of some intrinsic value I have, but because I am quite involved in the game and make it a point to try and be the best I can. Not everyone plays that way, which is understandable, but there is a baseline performance expected when you enter into certain content. And of course you're doing exactly what they're doing, which is forgetting that there are people on the other side of that screen. You don't get to play the game your way when you are relying on 24 other people and they are relying on you. If you want to play an intellect hunter with a melee weapon, do it on your own time.

That's what people don't understand when they come to LFR without having ever understood that raiding is about teamwork, not about yourself.

Oh and by the way, it's almost never "elitists" who mouth off and shit talk in my LFRs. Nine times out of ten it's the DK with an agi polearm sitting under the disc priest in DPS and is the first one to die every pull, trying to armchair coach the rest of the raid from the floor. The "elitists" aka the top 3 dps who do as much as the next 6 put together, generally roll in, silently put out buff food, summon healthstones, sit ready and waiting, hit yes for every ready check, don't fail mechanics, and most of the time make up for the abysmmal performance of selfish ignoramuses and the enablers that tell them "it's okay, it's just a game."

You're welcome for your loot, slackers.

Hmm . . . an artificially intelligent bot that autokicks assholes from the group . . . I wish.

If a video game developer removed tumors from players, they'd whine about nerfing their loss in weight and access to radiation powers. -Cracked.com

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Woah, we got a badass over here! This guys seriously hardcore. He moved onto FLEX!

For real though, that's what's bad about "elitists" is that they're usually not actually good at the game, they just pretend to be by putting others down. Case in point: the guy who thinks he's pro for moving onto flex.

Lmao
    I meant for the day we used to do LFR. You do know you can raid more than one type of thing, right?

Anyway, instead of not having set bonuses and all that crap, we used to take 10 or so people to LFR. Now we grab some people from another guild and hit flex for it. More for Valor Points and DPS epeen points than gear at this stage. Those LFR groups aren't getting boosts any more, and many other guilds are doing the same thing.

If you want to be crap and get carried through LFR, then fair enough. But when all that's left are people doing the same thing, just how far are you going to get?

While this is a great idea, I don't think it should be implemented. If we'd start removing elitists from battlegrounds or raids that would leave us with near empty battlegrounds and raids.

Just ignore them, that's really the best thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    What will they do? Invent new words to insult with? Do you live in a world where technology cannot be updated? Is adding a word to a list of words for the next hotpatch deployment that hard?
    NEver been insulted with sarcasm I guess? Your post is really the most intelligent thing I read all day

Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    You're also not trying to control elitism. You're trying to prevent assholism. I know that I'm a better player than most, not because of some intrinsic value I have, but because I am quite involved in the game and make it a point to try and be the best I can. Not everyone plays that way, which is understandable, but there is a baseline performance expected when you enter into certain content. And of course you're doing exactly what they're doing, which is forgetting that there are people on the other side of that screen. You don't get to play the game your way when you are relying on 24 other people and they are relying on you. If you want to play an intellect hunter with a melee weapon, do it on your own time.

That's what people don't understand when they come to LFR without having ever understood that raiding is about teamwork, not about yourself.

Oh and by the way, it's almost never "elitists" who mouth off and shit talk in my LFRs. Nine times out of ten it's the DK with an agi polearm sitting under the disc priest in DPS and is the first one to die every pull, trying to armchair coach the rest of the raid from the floor. The "elitists" aka the top 3 dps who do as much as the next 6 put together, generally roll in, silently put out buff food, summon healthstones, sit ready and waiting, hit yes for every ready check, don't fail mechanics, and most of the time make up for the abysmmal performance of selfish ignoramuses and the enablers that tell them "it's okay, it's just a game."

You're welcome for your loot, slackers.
    Nail on the head.

Mechagnome
    I think I might be a dungeon elitist levleing a tank atm and I yell at people for having taunt on their pets, warriors taunting for no reason, people not running etc. I do ask nicely first. Then the language gets a bit more ... creative.

Then again, if this little tank of mine ever reaches 90, I'm not sure I'd want to do LFR Why? I'm just a little caster in mostly pvp gear, and I have no notion of tactics, I mostly just dps boss/adds and move from bad stuff. Well... I've learned Downfall since the first time I went there, but I have no clue about tanking tactics, and people get so violent over tanks fucking up. I don't want someone like me to yell at me I have issues.

Also tell people to stfu in BGs.

BUT sometimes you do need people with a bit of a clue and the ability to speak up and call other people out on their mistakes, so I think I'm against OP's idea.