Page 21 of 69 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Das View Post
    You don't want to remove elitists, you want to remove dumbasses, big difference.
    "dumbasses" are either just lazy, and trying to get their quick honor/vp before they log for the nite, but are usually willing to learn from their mistakes, and better themselves.
    "elitists" think they are gods gift to the game, and will ruin the environment by belittling or qq'ing about how bad everyone is but themselves. and will never learn from their mistakes and better themselves.

you are absoluetely correct, and the OP is all about getting rid of the ones that absolutely need to be removed.

i will make no speculation about which of the two your post makes you sound, as it could honestly be taken either way.
    Last edited by BlahBlahFrigginBlah; 2013-12-05 at 05:51 PM.
    i say a lot of things.
    some of them may be sarcastic, rude, or insulting.
    but if you read carefully, i dont aim to insult people, and very rarely trolling ~ its my honest opinion. if you think im talking about you, go get some coffee and read it again later.
    have a nice day.

Elitists are the lowest form of scum.

They have to belittle others to make themselves feel good.

The less of the douches the better the community

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffandthings View Post
    Not to point out the extreme obvious here but why is it that the only people who seemingly want to get rid of "elitists" are the ones who never actually take the time to enchant, or gem their gear..or even learn how to play properly. It seems to me that they haven't actually considered that they are a hinderance to all of the players they queue into, casuals and elitists and any other branding of player you can think of. Everybody wants to have fun in this game, usually having fun for MOST of the player population is winning, whether it be killing bosses or killing other players everybody wants to win. When you don't take the time or effort to learn your class put any effort into your gear it makes other players resent you which incurs a negative attitude towards you because you're not putting in any effort at all.

Case and point - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erman/advanced
    I have gotten to the point where I do not consider the person that does 20k or does not gem or enchant there gear as being the hinderance to completing a wing in the LFR, it the person that decides bitch and complain as well as they think by belittling someone they are actually going to care about them or how they should be told to play the game. Just because you or I chose to look up fights, gem and enchant our gear, and learn to play our class does not mean everyone has that same level of dedication to the game. This person you linked here has not really done anything on this character or it seems any other character for that matter given the amount of achievements is has. This Superman toon has not been in any LFR content even back to DS, this is hardly a very good example to actually link to make an example of.

I actually have more resent to the people that like to belittle or be rude to someone for being bad, then the person that is actually being bad. At they are not being in anyway disruptive of my ability to complete a wing or a boss in the LFR. You and people like you are the reason a lot of people do not care how well they do, because you are always going to find something to bitch at them about.

I remember very well how I was treated when I first started playing this game. I started playing because a friend at work gave me a free wow pass they had. I had no idea what I was doing, I just leveled a hunter to max at that point it was 60. I knew nothing about gemming and enchanting, or stats or how to fight boss fights in dungeons. The friend put me in there guild, one day I happened to run a dungeon with the guild leader, he was such an ass. He treated me like I been playing the game for years not days or even months (actually it had been about 2 months). He chose to be an ass and I never forgot that, I left the dungeon and the guild that very instant. Since then I took it upon myself to make myself better. I also decided to pass on what I had learned to others without being an ass, to help them in anyway possible. I have been playing more than 8 years now, I find it so reward to help other find there way when other just like to treat them like shit.

I can see why people that start to play this game leave in droves, many just don't feel the need to be treated like dirt by a very toxic community that has only themselves to blame for why people continue to leave the game. I lost a lot of very good friends back in wrath that play this game better than I could ever imagine doing, many were hardcore raiders. I enjoyed playing with all of them because they new I was not as good as they were, but they chose to help me to become better over time. Sure I got carry through some stuff at first, but I became very good at being aware of my surrounding in both raids and dungeons, even battleground too. I got so good at it that I was able to point out things that caused the wipe or could of made the encounter better for the next time.

I am still not very good, but I try very hard and do an extensive amount of reading and watch encounters on youtube. What I lack in dps, I make up for by knowing what the hell I am doing. I die very little, and I am very hard on myself when I do or screw up. I never top a recount cart, but I enjoy raiding with the best them in a guild full of friends. I wish I could find a guild of friends like back in wrath that just really like the game more than worry about topping the charts all the time. We were always friends first and raider second, but we always cleared the content when it was current.

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post

You don't think it's a scummy thing to call other human beings lowest form of scum? Sounding a little bit like an elitist yourself.

You sound kinda like an elitist casual seeing that you want to kick and remove anybody that isnt enjoying the game YOU think should be enjoyed.Get over yourself OP.
    Here come the Irish.

Your problem isn't with elitists, it's assholes. Most elitists won't even set foot in an LFR or BG (that isn't pre-made).

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post

So you are telling me that the only way people ruin others time is by saying they are bad? I would rather have someone call me bad and l2p than being called homophobic and racist slurs which I see day in and day out in trade/lfd/lfr.....but hey blame the "elitists" and keep pretending that casuals aren't assholes too.
    No child these days ever gets to hear those all-important, character building words: "You lost, Bobby! You lost, you're a loser, Bobby!" They miss out on that. You know what they tell a kid who lost these days? "You were the last winner." A lot of these kids never get to hear the truth about themselves until they're in their twenties. When their boss calls them in and says "Bobby, clean the shit out of your desk and get the fuck out of here, you're a loser."

It'll be a vicious circle.

All the "I don't want to press buttons" people will cry that there's a mean person telling them to move out of the fire in LFR, so all the people carrying them through LFR will get kicked and not be there to carry them anymore.

So they'll whine for nerfs so they can try to clear it again.

Then they'll queue up again, stand in fire while auto attacking, and cry that there is a mean person in the raid telling them to move out of the fire. So more of the people carrying them get kicked. So they ask for more nerfs.

Rinse and repeat until LFR is just a cutscene that gives loot.

so basicly you wanne remove people who prob do alot of dps/healing and do tactics because you are to low on DPS/healing or just die first second?? brilliant idea. the elitish are annoying idd, but when i had to chose between a scrub dpser or healer and elitish dude.. i'd rather avoid wipefests.. wich are really annoying in SoO raid.

and i assume you mean elitish assholes? cos elitish and assholes/douchebags are 2 different things.

if your idea ever got implemented in WoW.. you would be destroying your own game imo
    Last edited by az2d; 2013-12-05 at 06:41 PM.

I don't usually say anything in LFRs, unless something is going terribly wrong...say, I'm healing and we die due to a lack of heals and I look at my meter and find a healer is doing an abysmally low number. If it's apparent we're not going to kill the boss with that person there, yes, I will say something.

I can agree with you that I dislike it when people make elitist statements when they're not necessary, but these days I've found more people in LFR that will refuse to kick the underperforming person unless it's absolutely necessary than I have elitists or people who will go along with them.

I had a prime example yesterday...was doing first wing of SoO LFR and we'd finished two bosses just fine when the tank says something about two dps doing less than 30k each and that we should boot them. No one made any motion to kick or agreed with him at all, until the holy paladin pipes up with "I hate it when people do that". Normally I would agree with him but in this situation, I don't know, maybe I was having a bad day, I just couldn't let it sit that he decided to say something when he was underperforming horribly as a healer. Seventh on healing, doing less healing than the DK tank on Fallen Protectors. So I asked him if he hated it when the tank does more healing than he does on a boss too.

I really didn't mean to start up the giant shit storm that followed...him claiming that his shield/weapon were the reason he was doing so badly, people inspecting him and wondering how he even got in there with the gear he had on, me speculating how it was possible that he could be doing so badly when I myself had hit 90 just three days prior and was placing between 1-3 on the healing meters against other healers with much better gear on (I was told it was because I was a resto druid). In the end, the best geared healer in the raid got so irritated with the fact that people wouldn't kick the paladin that he purposely tried killing the guy by dispelling effects off him that in turn ended up killing him, and refusing to heal the final boss to prove that his passive healing talent alone could outheal the paladin.

Personally, I don't consider myself an elitist jerk for doing what I did, but I do believe that sometimes these kinds of things do need to be pointed out. If it's obvious someone is trying, that's one thing...but otherwise people might be wasting their time wiping because some guy decided to go AFK and auto attack and not do his job while expecting to be carried to get his gear, simply because people didn't want to call him on it for fear of looking "elitist".
    WoW & WoD General Discussions and Guild Wars 2 Moderator

Dreadlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Helcaraxe View Post
    For me toxic beavious/toxic players are those bad players who does not try to learn, who are always fail, who thinks they can do whatever they want in any part of the game just because they can queue.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ontent-Fan-Art

You can see attendance to raids from here. As far as I understand this is not character based, this is account based statistics. If you have the ability to analyze statics you can understand me.

I am always leading LFRs, asking for leadership in case raid fails. But I have a limit. When it's a wipe il LFR 4-5 times ofc I hit to that limit and start yelling and asking people to kick failers. I have seen many people like me but you call me elitist and say "stfu".
    It is not the wiping that bother me, its the yelling a screaming that turns me off. Being that I have done more than my share of raiding, wiping is pretty much a given especially on new content no matter whom is raiding in it. If you are bitching after 4 or 5 wipes in the LFR (lack of mechanic or not), then you must not be much of a raider in the first place. You also have no business being in the LFR, if you are high level normal or heroic raider as that environment was never intended for you in the first place.

Polishing the foot I plan to park in Blizzard's ass
    Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    You sound kinda like an elitist casual seeing that you want to kick and remove anybody that isnt enjoying the game YOU think should be enjoyed.Get over yourself OP.
    I don't mind if they play differently from myself, I mind when they are over inflated ego douches. There is no need to join a party with a group of total strangers and then proceed to berate and belittle them by telling them to uninstall the game and kill themselves. Toxic players serve no purpose in the community and should be removed.

I think we should remove all the people who fuck up and cause the "elitists" to yell at them. Seems to make more sense.
    EX - 14/14 HC - Ravencrest EU
    www.ex-gaming.org

If you get rid of the elitists who is gonna carry your sorry casual ass in LFR on his alt, which is probably better geared then you are.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Aymee/advanced

Game developers hate healers. We prevent their bosses from killing the players.

"MMOC forums let me keep my job again. Whew." -Greg "Ghostcrawler" Street

Quote Originally Posted by Quixdraw View Post
    It is not the wiping that bother me, its the yelling a screaming that turns me off. Being that I have done more than my share of raiding, wiping is pretty much a given especially on new content no matter whom is raiding in it. If you are bitching after 4 or 5 wipes in the LFR (lack of mechanic or not), then you must not be much of a raider in the first place. You also have no business being in the LFR, if you are high level normal or heroic raider as that environment was never intended for you in the first place.
    #1 - Maybe the person who is doing normal/hard mode is playing on an alt

#2 - Again, I find the people doing the flaming are the ones doing badly to try and draw attention off of their piss poor performance

#3 - Who are you to say what content is for whom?
    No child these days ever gets to hear those all-important, character building words: "You lost, Bobby! You lost, you're a loser, Bobby!" They miss out on that. You know what they tell a kid who lost these days? "You were the last winner." A lot of these kids never get to hear the truth about themselves until they're in their twenties. When their boss calls them in and says "Bobby, clean the shit out of your desk and get the fuck out of here, you're a loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Personally, I don't consider myself an elitist jerk for doing what I did, but I do believe that sometimes these kinds of things do need to be pointed out. If it's obvious someone is trying, that's one thing...but otherwise people might be wasting their time wiping because some guy decided to go AFK and auto attack and not do his job while expecting to be carried to get his gear, simply because people didn't want to call him on it for fear of looking "elitist".
    Don't get me wrong, I am all for addressing issues in a group and trying to assist, my issue stands with people who are blatant assholes about it. If you are calling someone out on DPS, do it constructively and offer to help. If the person you are offering to help turns out to be a douche, they SHOULD be removed. But people who are just playing for fun, and not trying to be bad do not deserve to be berated or told to hang themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I don't mind if they play differently from myself, I mind when they are over inflated ego douches. There is no need to join a party with a group of total strangers and then proceed to berate and belittle them by telling them to uninstall the game and kill themselves. Toxic players serve no purpose in the community and should be removed.
    Again, it isn't just elitists, I find that more of the bad players do that.

During my LFR escapades, a lot of those elitists actually get the group through a tough situation, whether through simply doing better or instructing people on how its done, regardless of how poorly they may deliver them.

I guess it really depends on the degree of the elitism, which would be an issue. How do you judge when one's an elitist, and at what threshold do you get kicked? Because assuming that anyone that tells people to uninstall or harm themselves in any way are elitists is just plain incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    During my LFR escapades, a lot of those elitists actually get the group through a tough situation, whether through simply doing better or instructing people on how its done, regardless of how poorly they may deliver them.

I guess it really depends on the degree of the elitism, which would be an issue. How do you judge when one's an elitist, and at what threshold do you get kicked?
    How is helping being elitist? That is kind of the direct opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    If you get rid of the elitists who is gonna carry your sorry casual ass in LFR on his alt, which is probably better geared then you are.
    The person who knows how to treat other party members with respect. I don't care how good you are, or how well you play. No one has the right to treat total strangers like shit. You want to be helpful, or offer tips, that's fine. If the only thing to come from your shit sucking pie hole is "Go kill yourself noob!", then I have no use for you. Skilled or not, there is no reason to act like a fucktard to people in ANY group.