Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the urge to bad mouth or belittle his team.

In the end, it is just a game. It should not matter that those of us who might prefer LFR don't do 150K in DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe. Shit happens. So the elitists either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play our game our way. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs while the majority of us casuals enjoy our game at our own pace.

#NoMoreElitists
    Its funny because it is people like you that were crying in threads about how LFR was ruined now that real raiders don't need any legendary quest items from it anymore and Blizzard should force them to have to participate in LFR again to help the casuals. Ah... the double edged sword is sharp in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Paladin said, in response to the tank calling out 2 low DPS "I hate when they do that". To which Rivelle replied "Do you also hate when you're outhealed by the tank?".

What level of rudeness warrants removal? Anything even remotely rude, or just what you consider rude? Would they have to be rude publicly, or would whispers be monitored also? If chat was monitored in LFR, would it also happen in LFG, or everywhere? If I wanted to tell my real life buddy that if he stopped chocking on donkey cock for 5 minutes he might actually break 70k dps, would I be allowed? If there was a system that removed/silenced people for being abusive/rude don't you think they would just find other ways around it?
    That is a civil discussion. My example would be:

Tank: "Holy shit do you suck ass!"
    Paladin: "I hate being called out for sucking."
    Rivelle: "You need to just delete your character, uninstall, and go swallow a fucking barrel you scrub noob!"

^ That is more of the elitist dbag bullshit I am talking about. The convo Rivelle had was tea and crumpets at Buckingham palace compared to most LFR asshats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    Its funny because it is people like you that were crying in threads about how LFR was ruined now that real raiders don't need any legendary quest items from it anymore and Blizzard should force them to have to participate in LFR again to help the casuals. Ah... the double edged sword is sharp in this thread.
    Weird, I never recall crying, nor making a topic of such, or even supporting a topic of such. Your argument is actually invalid.

10+ Year Old Account

Rivelle: "You need to just delete your character, uninstall, and go swallow a fucking barrel you scrub noob!"

^ That is more of the elitist dbag bullshit I am talking about. The convo Rivelle had was tea and crumpets at Buckingham palace compared to most LFR asshats.

- - - Updated - - -

Weird, I never recall crying, nor making a topic of such, or even supporting a topic of such. Your argument is actually invalid.
    So are you going to show me where it's all the GOOD players doing the insulting? You completely ignore how people have pointed out most of the trash talk is from the worst players in the group.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    LOL, actually I like that Rivelle. He knows what's funny. Haha. God I'd go outside and hang myself if I healed like that... Hmmm, too soon?
    I would've laughed too. I'm trying to figure out the rudeness parameters that will be set, so when I'm in LFR outdpsing you with 10 ilvls less gear whilst snorting saffron from between Anegelina Jolie's boobs I can say something without getting silenced/kicked under this new totaliatarian regime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    I would've laughed too. I'm trying to figure out the rudeness parameters that will be set, so when I'm in LFR outdpsing you with 10 ilvls less gear whilst snorting saffron from between Anegelina Jollie's boobs I can say something without getting silenced/kicked under this new totaliatarian regime.
    I got booted from a group the other day because someone was running their mouth, I pointed out he was getting out-dpsed by someone on his low geared alt (503 ilvl) with no gems or enchants and he had no room to talk......oddly they booted me and not him.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    So are you going to show me where it's all the GOOD players doing the insulting? You completely ignore how people have pointed out most of the trash talk is from the worst players in the group.
    That, no offense, is a load of shit Every BG I step foot in, there is always some Hunter or Lock doing all the damage and talking all the trash. I do agree, that there are non-elite shitheads who should be kicked. But, for the most part it is the BG and LFR Generals who live, sleep, eat, and breathe it who feel it necessary to belittle and berate others who are simply trying to play their game and have some fun.

you should be happy to see some insults once in a while atleast you know not everyone is a bot

This is the most hypocritical thread I've ever seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    That, no offense, is a load of shit Every BG I step foot in, there is always some Hunter or Lock doing all the damage and talking all the trash. I do agree, that there are non-elite shitheads who should be kicked. But, for the most part it is the BG and LFR Generals who live, sleep, eat, and breathe it who feel it necessary to belittle and berate others who are simply trying to play their game and have some fun.
    Erm, most of the LFR Heroes are not good players all the good players went to Flex, also BGs? Really? BGs are a shit hole period! That's why I stopped pvping, there isn't but maybe 2 out of a whole team who knows how to keep their flap shut.

Why should the 95% majority of casuals have to tolerate the 5% of elitists? Maybe they should change queues to be "Hardcore" or "Casual". Then we can filter them as soon as they join the LF(whatever).
    I can't believe you've been interacting with 5% of the population enough to want to segregate them
    here's a hint, you don't have to be an elitist to be an asshole. I've played with moon guard, they are a prime example of bad assholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    it's pretty hard to find a good girl in the sea of whores that is my country, brazil.

- - - Updated - - -

That is not civil. Not in my opinion. Not in an example of everyday face-to-face civility. It was funny, but not civil. His statement was purely and simply said to make the healer feel bad. Just because he didn't rant and rave for 10 minutes how the world would be a better place if somehow the paladin's underpants were to become sentient and gobble him up crotch first doesn't mean that the intent of the statement was supposed to evoke any different emotion in the paladin.

I don't think your idea is very well thought out. And even if it was I think it would be close to impossible to implement fairly.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO you're comparing apples with oranges here. I spent almost the entire ToT tier PvP'ing and in an RBG guild, and there are A LOT of players who like to keep their aspects of the game completely separate. That is, they're a PvPer who hates PvE or vice versa. It's just my opinion (so don't hang me for it) but PvPers tend to be waaaaaay more vicious, and the good ones think they are gods.

To the point I would expect to see extreme trash talking in any BG my faction is losing, while I don't see it that much in PvE settings.

15+ Year Old Account
    No one has the right to yell at anyone else. Did you pay for my Game and Expacs? Do you pay for my service? Do you see me screaming at you for killing stuff too fast? No. Wanna know why? Cause I pay to play my way and can't stand assholes who think they have the ENTITLEMENT to yell at other people in a video game. They need to get a grip. If they can't stand the casuals, they need to move on to Wildstar, or whatever other elitist game is coming along.
    No, "elitists" are not the ones who tell you how to play the game. That’s Blizzard. There is a very strict measure for success or failure in a raid. Blizzard set that rule, not us. The point of the game is to succeed. When you enter a BG or raid, you have agreed to try and succeed. Not to fuck off and ignore shit and wipe the raid. That’s why the game tells you when you’re playing wrong. “You died to the fire! Try and move out of fire next time!” It literally tells you that you’re playing badly. There is a structure to the game, and it’s set by Blizzard, not me. I don’t tell you that you have to click the action button within three seconds or you’ll die and wipe the raid, Blizzard tells you that.

Also I’m going to let you know that the “pay to play my way” attitude makes you far worse than verbally abusive players in my books. Verbally abusive players have a bad method or communicating, but ultimately are trying to improve your performance, and thus your playing experience. Nobody wants to lose time after time without being able to improve. On the other hand, you, with your playing badly because you don’t care about the experiences of the other 24 people with you, are a selfish asshole who obviously delights in pissing other people off with your incompetence. That’s the true reason why you’re wrong, by the way. The game is about teamwork, not your fuckin $15 that you pay. You can go play Skyrim for free if that’s how you feel.

TL;DR: Don’t drag others down with you because you refuse to play by the rules that Blizzard has set for success.

"Let me suck without hurting my feelings!"

Whiny casuals and elitist jerks are equally obnoxious.

there is very easy solution, something like StarCraft 2 Leagues, system will take some parametrs like average DPS\HPS\Damage received in lets say 10 last raids, ilevel, number of gems\enchants, may be inteerrupst of boss ablilities or other boss mechanic stuff and separates playrs in may be 3 Legues Good, Average and Bad. Problem solved, casuals with casuals, elitists with elitists. And we will see who will be crying more about how bad LFR is I bet it would not be elitists.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic.
    ...and magically transport them to an arena (inescapable for 5 min) filled with level 110 elite lions.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I would rather support players being pro-active about it and using the ignore feature. Make the player decide what is an acceptable amount of "douchebaggery" and what not.
    Agreed

Ignore is in the game for a reason

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnio View Post
    you should be happy to see some insults once in a while atleast you know not everyone is a bot
    I'd prefer a bot to a bastard

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    I find this notion slightly stupid.
    In LFR, I understand wanting elitists to be silent. It is a mode made for people to see content and do catch-up for content, it's not serious. That being said, I think people have the right to be angry at dps that are sub 50k dps or tanks that constantly die. 50k was easy to do at level 85, it should be much easier at level 90. And I have had tanks in LFR where we wiped 5~ or so times before downing a boss because a tank would ignore mechanics and stand in fire. There are more bad tanks in LFR than there are elitists.
    In BGs, I think there needs to be a separation depending on gear. I have toons that are in Grievous gear and I have to run in premade groups, on my Alliance toons, because of the mass amounts of terrible Alliance players.
    Also, this needs to be said, being casual is not a reason to be bad at the game, I would be classified as a casual and I am still capable of doing that 130k+ dps and do well in PvP. The game isn't hard, people just like to make excuses.

This is the problem with labels especially the use of "Casual" is concerned. People that do not even come close to the middle of the healing and dps charts should not even be lumped together with people that moderately know how to play there class or pay attention to crap on the ground. The people that are at the bottom of the charts are not casual players. They are the people that do not care what is going on at all, they are usually their to actually be a thorn f the actual casual player that actually gives a crap at what is going on in front them and also take the time to learn their class, gem and enchant their gear, bother to actually look up a fight befoe they enter the raid.

You people need to come up with another name for these people, because you do an injustice to people do care. Below an normal organized player there are at least 2 other level of player in the game. The people that absolutely don't care about anything and the ones that care, but do know how do many things. The latter should be helped, not belittle and ridiculed or treated like a piece of dirt. All this does is make them either not want to get better or just leave and go play another game. With the overwhelming amount of whining that has taken place about sub losses, you think a few of you would actually find the time to give a bit of yourself to help other out.

I don't even come close to being at the top of the charts (out of 15 or so, I am usually around 8 or 10 on the chart), but I do take the time to learn anyway. I also pass on what I have learned to other to get them a helping at becoming better. Most that I have helped usually in most instances become better than I am at topping the charts. I play the game to have fun, I really try hard not to complain, especially in the LFR, because I know there are people that are going to be worse than I am. I do not go in there with the notion that I am in a flex or normal raid environment.

Personally I look at this way if someone did 50k dps by the end of the fight and is still standing, they at least did better than the person that did 130k and died less than half way through the fight. Recount and addons like it are vary subjective at best and they very so much that they should be used more as a guide, then what being used for as a means to prove someone's skill level. It is hard to measure one abilities given the wide variety of Internet connection, the level of the computer one play on, and so forth. Not everyone that plays has the best of everything a lot of addons like recount do not take these things in to account.

Gear is also a meaningless way to measure ones skill, given the overwhelming amount of people that get carried through content and there are various reasons for this, one being some just happen to be in a guild where they are more worried about having enough people on raid night, then what abilities they have or don't have. I happened to be in few guilds like this in wrath, it was nice from the standpoint you were given a chance to learn as well as see the fights. To many people and guild have little patience these days to do these things, because we must clear the content before this other guild mentality. I was in such a guild in cata, the guild leader was more worried about the guilds that were not actually known to be raiding guild getting ahead of ours. We end up trying to cut corners, which also contributed to more wipes then necessary, to having people leave the raid group and the guild because of it.
    Last edited by Apexis; 2013-12-05 at 08:06 PM.