Page 29 of 69 FirstFirst ...
19
27
28
29
30
31
39
... LastLast
  1. #561
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Honestly how about people start taking some pride in their character like they used to and LEARN to play? The amount of people wanting to be carried has gotten ridiculous this xpac.
    I don't condone people wanting to be carried. But that is a topic for another thread. This has to do with children losing their cool and berating people and telling them to uninstall and go off them-self.

  2. #562
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the urge to bad mouth or belittle his team.

    In the end, it is just a game. It should not matter that those of us who might prefer LFR don't do 150K in DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe. Shit happens. So the elitists either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play our game our way. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs while the majority of us casuals enjoy our game at our own pace.

    #NoMoreElitists
    Yeah because bads standing in fire and the like clearly don't deserve to be trolled. As I pay for this game like you, in a 25 man, saying everyone pays $15 monthly, that means to play daily it costs .50. On a 30 day average. So, there's $12.50 in that raid. When a fucktard comes in and stands in fire or black shit, or 10 people like this baddie, you have officially wasted time and money. Under this idea, I realize it doesn't amount to much, but you could have watched a 10 minute video on a wing Of SoO, asked a question or two, or just paid attention to marks on the ground and learn. It seems in this thread, you have a great following of QQ bears. Please, by all means, shut these elitists up and learn what to do. I would love to see what would happen if you were told you couldn't get into an AQ 40 due to lack of skill/gear. While I am no longer a hard core raider due to people like you getting into my old guild, I stick with lfr. It is easy, thanks to people like you. It will get easier, thanks to people like you, and a player makes the gear, not the other way around.

    I love reading threads like this as it shows how the newer players don't like being told to better themselves because they, well, suck. Crying is far more constructive and gets the point across so much better. /endsarcasm. Ignore is a great tool. I love how mad people get when you tell them they are ignored. You have the right to express your point of view. Everyone does. But when you are a bad, and you cry, and can't take getting told what to do, you no longer have the right to poison my screen with your bad point of view.

    So in closing, please, feel free to troll and cry and tell me how bad I am. Learning your class and mechanics are a dinosaur gone by in WoW. I will continue to sit back and let the QQ bears such as yourself make the game easier. Taking out hit, expertise, dodge, parry, etc are a good start. Putting helpers in to go raid and run instances for you to bring back gear is a wonderful addition. Soon enough, lfr won't be needed.

  3. #563
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    1,188
    Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    As long as elitists includes the self entitled dbags who think their 15 bucks is worth more than everyone elses and entitles them to be carried and absolves them from having to work together as a team and calls anyone who disagrees with them an elitist. More often than not those players are a bigger disruption to the team than someone running their mouth.
    You must not have been playing this game very long. People have been carried through this game since its inception, long before either the LFD or LFR existed. Just because you see it more now does not mean it did not exist before. If some is afk, I have no problem giving them the boot otherwise even if you doing 20k, your at least doing something better than not doing anything, after all we are playing an MMO. You are going have all kinds of people playing this game, trying to control is a complete waste of time. Yelling, screaming, berating them is not going to make them want to be better or more skilled.

  4. #564
    Quote Originally Posted by H311DOZER View Post
    Yeah because bads standing in fire and the like clearly don't deserve to be trolled. As I pay for this game like you, in a 25 man, saying everyone pays $15 monthly, that means to play daily it costs .50. On a 30 day average. So, there's $12.50 in that raid. When a fucktard comes in and stands in fire or black shit, or 10 people like this baddie, you have officially wasted time and money. Under this idea, I realize it doesn't amount to much, but you could have watched a 10 minute video on a wing Of SoO, asked a question or two, or just paid attention to marks on the ground and learn. It seems in this thread, you have a great following of QQ bears. Please, by all means, shut these elitists up and learn what to do. I would love to see what would happen if you were told you couldn't get into an AQ 40 due to lack of skill/gear. While I am no longer a hard core raider due to people like you getting into my old guild, I stick with lfr. It is easy, thanks to people like you. It will get easier, thanks to people like you, and a player makes the gear, not the other way around.

    I love reading threads like this as it shows how the newer players don't like being told to better themselves because they, well, suck. Crying is far more constructive and gets the point across so much better. /endsarcasm. Ignore is a great tool. I love how mad people get when you tell them they are ignored. You have the right to express your point of view. Everyone does. But when you are a bad, and you cry, and can't take getting told what to do, you no longer have the right to poison my screen with your bad point of view.

    So in closing, please, feel free to troll and cry and tell me how bad I am. Learning your class and mechanics are a dinosaur gone by in WoW. I will continue to sit back and let the QQ bears such as yourself make the game easier. Taking out hit, expertise, dodge, parry, etc are a good start. Putting helpers in to go raid and run instances for you to bring back gear is a wonderful addition. Soon enough, lfr won't be needed.
    This brought a tear to my eye.

    BRING DOWN THE SYSTEM MAN.

    AZEROTH IS A WELFARE STATE!

  5. #565
    Warchief Clevername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    behind cover
    Posts
    2,135
    I know it's easier said then done but you really just have to ignore idiots, I love to PVP, I'm not great at it hover around the 1800's, I love to raid, not great at it 6/14 heroic at the moment. I fall somewhere in the middle of this spectrum and have not had to do LFR's this patch whatsoever. I do know that from doing random bg's that the attitude is toxic. I try not to draw conclusions about the people behind the keyboard doing the griefing but seriously if they get that worked up by a game they seriously are a loser and take this game entirely too seriously so you really do just have to shrug it off and ignore them.

  6. #566
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    MMO has no issue with swearing, but as an example, if I started using that advantage like a teenage boy and calling you everything under the sun and then insisting that you go kill yourself after labeling you with a derrogatory homosexual label, I would get a big infraction and a nice long suspension. If BGs and LFR had the same standards as MMOC, I'd be happy.
    derrogatory homosexual label do you need to be a SJW about everything? Christ.

    The thing you keep ignoring is that people rarely walk into a BG and LFR and immediately target somebody for insults. Im sure it happens, but rarely. What usually happens is that somebody does something to get themselves targeted. Dying, over and over, being way behind on DPS. Not being prepared. Not communicating in a BG. These are reasons why people get angry. Fix these and most of the anger goes away. If 25 normal mode raiders from all across WoW were in one LFR there would be a bit of epeen stroking, but no outright insulting. Because either way, each person is still working.

    I've seen heroic raiders poke fun at other heroic raiders. Its not outright insulting. It is when somebody is actually screwing up that people insult. The insults are more frequent because the community has stopped regular criticism of those who screw up. Now it is a hugbox, and those who don't want to hug people who cannot take 3 minutes to read the dungeon journal and die early on are labeled as elitist. Generally they get fed up and have gone from criticism to just insults. If the community had ANY player accountablitiy anymore, many of these players would stop being so angry.

    Going day after day seeing people autoattacking raid bosses and nothing being done, even after you mention it in a neutral tone "Superman is just autoattacking kick him", people will eventually get tired of it. Eventaully they get to "f*cking f*ck superman you stupid shitter go f*cking uninstall", its human nature. Its clear every time you call people asshats, teenagers, etc. You are fed up with the player type who behaves in a particular way, and as nothing has changed, you get more heated about it.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Quixdraw View Post
    You must not have been playing this game very long. People have been carried through this game since its inception, long before either the LFD or LFR existed. Just because you see it more now does not mean it did not exist before. If some is afk, I have no problem giving them the boot otherwise even if you doing 20k, your at least doing something better than not doing anything, after all we are playing an MMO. You are going have all kinds of people playing this game, trying to control is a complete waste of time. Yelling, screaming, berating them is not going to make them want to be better or more skilled.
    20k means you are not trying. Simple as that. If I am trying and you arent why the hell should I have any respect for you?

  7. #567
    When dealing with random people, you will often get a chance to end up with elitists, casuals, goods, bads, derps, awesomesauce, etc....

    If you want to avoid any of those, don't do things with random people.

    Same goes for RL.

    Random =/= Only people you like

  8. #568
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    derrogatory homosexual label do you need to be a SJW about everything? Christ.
    I think he means the word maggot.

    Ill admit I use the word maggot too much.

  9. #569
    Elitist or not, you should note that there are other 24 people. If one of them starts yelling to you without a good reason, just put him/her on ignore. If the group decides to kick you, they have right to do so.
    Do not get me wrong, asking insane performance on LFR is just silly. And hostile attitude should not be tolerated. But if someone messes up, there is nothing wrong calling a spade a spade. If you screw up, is it not your fault?

  10. #570
    Do you really think it's a good idea to kick some of the highest dps and heals from lfr carrying those doing 40k dps in SoO. My fucking cat can do 40k dps. If anything I'll sit there and listen to an elitist before I need to wipe for an hour on a boss because people in lfr have no clue how to play the damn game. There should be a better barrier to get into lfr at the least, that way the elitist wouldn't need a reason to bitch and complain about people doing 1/8 the dps they are. With the amount of information floating around the internet it should take you literally 2 weeks tops to learn how to play your rotation well enough to do at least 90k dps in lfr level gear.

  11. #571
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I don't condone people wanting to be carried. But that is a topic for another thread. This has to do with children losing their cool and berating people and telling them to uninstall and go off them-self.
    the people being berated are generally those not pulling their weight

    you have not in any way described elitist behavior. You described 1)just insults and 2)expecting players to not suck. Criticism=/=berating. If a player is getting carried then I'm going to say something. If you refuse to learn then you should stick to solo play, form groups where they are willing to carry you, or yes, UNINSTALL. You should not keep playing a game and expecting others to do more work than you. That is the worst kind of player, because they bring out the worst in others.

  12. #572
    I support the idea. My husband and I just quit the game this morning after nine years and some popular addons he develops. Culprit: raid asshats.

    I'd been tanking a Flex raid and my husband healing with a friendly OpenRaid group we'd been raiding with for a few weeks now. Unfortunately last night they picked up a nasty priest from OQueue to fill out the balance, and that's where everything went wrong. This guy was being super critical of the group, in spite of everything going smoothly and his own performance not being significantly different from anyone else. We had our first wipe on Sha of Pride, and he immediately began to berate the other healers for not dispelling. Linked logs showed all three dispelled equally, but he wouldn't shut up. Third attempt went smooth and the boss died without incident, but this priest just kept going off on the other healers for not dispelling. All caps cursing, threatening to drop group if my husband stayed in. So, instead we both dropped and the flex group fell apart.

    Not a particularly standout incident, but it just summed up how things have been going in game. It doesn't matter if 90-95% of the people in a PUG or LFR are decent, courteous players. Get that one guy in the group who puts his agenda above everyone else, whether it's griefing, unrealistic expectations, or just plain antisocial and an activity which is supposed to be fun becomes misery.

    I don't know if I would agree with labeling them as "elitists", but getting rid of the jerks--or at least segregating them--would be the best step to salvaging what's left of this community.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

  13. #573
    Quote Originally Posted by H311DOZER View Post
    So in closing, please, feel free to troll and cry and tell me how bad I am. Learning your class and mechanics are a dinosaur gone by in WoW. I will continue to sit back and let the QQ bears such as yourself make the game easier. Taking out hit, expertise, dodge, parry, etc are a good start. Putting helpers in to go raid and run instances for you to bring back gear is a wonderful addition. Soon enough, lfr won't be needed.
    If someone sucks, you kick them. If they are undergeared gemmed, kick them. If they continue to wipe the group on purpose or for lack of trying, kick them. Be a man and use the kick feature. There is no excuse for people getting wildly pissed off and telling someone to uninstall and go kill them-self. It's people like you who are part of the problem. Whether you are an elitist or not, I cannot say. But being an asshole in a group rather than just removing the baddie definitely makes you part of the problem... not the solution. Next time be a man, be constructive, or vote kick him.

  14. #574
    Brewmaster Wiyld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Secret Underground Lair
    Posts
    1,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post
    I don't really know how you're defining "Elitists" here, maybe you should make a definition before ranting about it.

    You seem to mean, by "Elitist" - you mean good players, geared players, hardcore players.


    Well, gee thanks I guess, for sweeping us all under the same rug? I run LFR on my main for Valor or out of boredom. I can either solo heal them, or bring 400-500k DPS to the fight. And I never say a god damn word. Because I don't really care, it's not my content. You don't come to my Heroic raids and yell at me, why should I come to your LFR and yell at you. Pointless. Same applies when I do LFR on my alts. They may not bring the same numbers, but my 515 boomkin still does more damage than the 540 warlock next to me, and I still don't complain, I just play the damn game. Maybe you should too.


    But since you so despise any player with even a hint of hardcore in them, I'm sure you'll enjoy LFR when the huge amount of hardcore raider alts disappear, and your wipe rate goes up by orders of magnitude.

    Maybe you need to realize that the people kicking and screaming in LFR are usually casuals just like yourself - or tryhards that think they're cool but in fact are just as average. Rarely if ever have I seen a hardcore raider speak, much less yell, in LFR.


    Your beloved casuals make the majority of the kicking and screaming in LFR, you're the ones who make it an uncomfortable experience. Most of us hardcore players just want to finish the instance with the least amount of drama, as efficiently as possible. Screaming at people accomplishes neither of those things.

    Get over yourself.



    This post needs to be read over and over again until all the casual whiners get it.

    I'm not even close to a hardcore player anymore, my guild only just recently killed garrosh on reg. We raid a couple nights a week, nothing serious. I have my legendary cloak, I'm geared to something like 563 now. It isn't hard. THAT is the frustrating part, the game is SO damn easy, how can you possibly suck so terribly badly with something this easy??

    All I can say, is thank GOD for Oqueue and here is hoping that the ion game version blizz is implementing will be equally or more effective. If it is, I forsee LFR collapsing into a complete clusterfuck of screaming whiners while everyone else who has any capacity to work together in a group do so with the easy grouping offered by the new system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

  15. #575
    Warchief Clevername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    behind cover
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by H311DOZER View Post
    Taking out hit, expertise, dodge, parry, etc are a good start. Putting helpers in to go raid and run instances for you to bring back gear is a wonderful addition. Soon enough, lfr won't be needed.
    Yes because it took so much ridiculous skill to go to askmrrobot or download reforgelite. Dev's took it out because it had just become pretty useless, once you got capped hit / exp were just wasted bullshit you reforged out of, avoidance stats because of their randomness took backseats to more steady damage smoothing stats ie haste for pallies, crit for monk / druid, mastery for warrior / dk. But I digress.

  16. #576
    Quote Originally Posted by badzerath View Post
    Another word that gets thrown around too much is tigger on the internet.

    For instance I could look at your picture and call you tigger.

    Tigger this, tigger that......its too much
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigger

    Doesn't look anything like OP
    You cannot trust, nor take seriously, an adult male without facial hair.Boys have no facial hair and boys are not men.
    ╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

  17. #577
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayth View Post
    Elitist or not, you should note that there are other 24 people. If one of them starts yelling to you without a good reason, just put him/her on ignore. If the group decides to kick you, they have right to do so.
    Do not get me wrong, asking insane performance on LFR is just silly. And hostile attitude should not be tolerated. But if someone messes up, there is nothing wrong calling a spade a spade. If you screw up, is it not your fault?
    Very few do this though. There is a difference between expecting upwards of 100K from those who have reached the legendary item, and expecting them to be completely perfect.

    Rarely do people yell without a reason. Otherwise they would need to randomly pick a group member and make up any claims on the spot. I don't think that people should be able to ignore/hide group chat, but rather the group should be able to mute people. If somebody is trying to communicate with a group, and half the people have the chat hidden, then there is a problem. Group vote for mute could help protect against spamming or actual harassment, but again anybody who mentions the semi-afk dps being semi-afk will be muted by others.

  18. #578
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    the people being berated are generally those not pulling their weight
    That doesn't make it right. Criticize, offer constructive advice, or kick them. You are obviously a part of the problem. Berating and belittling people does nothing more than make you look like an asshole and a bully. Not sure why people don't see this. Maybe because most bullies don't see it as "that big a deal".

  19. #579
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    If someone sucks, you kick them. If they are undergeared gemmed, kick them. If they continue to wipe the group on purpose or for lack of trying, kick them. Be a man and use the kick feature. There is no excuse for people getting wildly pissed off and telling someone to uninstall and go kill them-self. It's people like you who are part of the problem. Whether you are an elitist or not, I cannot say. But being an asshole in a group rather than just removing the baddie definitely makes you part of the problem... not the solution. Next time be a man, be constructive, or vote kick him.
    Then make your play better. I haven't told anyone to kill themselves. I feel that the problem revolves around people who want to cry about being bad and then call me an elitist. Really?!?!? It's funny also how that's the part of my post you chose. But it's ok. Telling me to be a man and be constructive or vote kick him is a good way to pass the buck to me because of your bad play. Enjoying the game means having equal pull from all members. Not crying, PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO PLAY I CAN'T SEE CIRCLES ON THE GROUND AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

    And just in passing, how would you play this game in times gone by? You do know those circles were not on the ground at one time, you had to download an addon for that. Thanks bads, one less addon.
    Last edited by H311DOZER; 2013-12-05 at 09:15 PM.

  20. #580
    Warchief Clevername's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    behind cover
    Posts
    2,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    This post needs to be read over and over again until all the casual whiners get it.

    I'm not even close to a hardcore player anymore, my guild only just recently killed garrosh on reg. We raid a couple nights a week, nothing serious. I have my legendary cloak, I'm geared to something like 563 now. It isn't hard. THAT is the frustrating part, the game is SO damn easy, how can you possibly suck so terribly badly with something this easy??
    Your guild just killed reg garrosh.... I'm guessing that means without you, if this game were so incredibly easy don't you think you would have killed garrosh heroic by now? Just remember with that attitude that to others you are the casual baddie.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •