Page 54 of 69 FirstFirst ...
4
44
52
53
54
55
56
64
... LastLast
  1. #1061
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    If it were only a few, it would likely not be an issue. But it seems like EVERY SINGLE RUN has one asshole that cannot hold his temper. They need to remember it is just a game, be an adult, handle it like one, and move on. Blowing their top and making it uncomfortable for others who are there to have fun is not necessary.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If asking people to act like adults and handle low scoring players in an adult manner makes me an elitist, then yea, I am an elitist.
    I am glad so many people on this thread think like you do. If you cannot get a point across with out directly flaming someone its probably not worth doing so. I have seen quite a few people openly flame someone whos not performing as well as they could do. Sure I don't mind pointing out sub par play if its constructive even better! But just telling someone they suck or a fucking noob etc is not really cool and just a waste of time. You earn no respect in doing it.

  2. #1062
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Apologies I was referring to the "general" you rather than stating YOU directly.

    There is nothing childish about pointing out someones falings but it is childish to call someone terribad. IF the guys doing low DPS sure point it out, this guys damage is low kick away. Saying "this guys a terribad mage" is childish and is infact flaming them. Blizzard may not even action on it as its not really that bad an insult. It is still an insult however.

    If you read my posts you will note I am not asking for you to be all nice and rosey to people. You can point out failings with out resorting to flaming. As for my choice in gemming? I've quite clearly not kept up to date with theory crafting on the best gems/enchants etc. Why? I am no longer doing cutting edge content like I used to. Shock Horror I am a former Heroic raider. If I ever get back into it the first thing I would do is shake off the rust and get my Theory crafting on and figure out what I should be doing right gear wise.
    No it isn't flaming them. Terribad=terrible and bad. If they are dying and have low output then they as soon badly. Terribly bad. Hence the term. Is not flaming them. Calling them names that have no connection I what they are doing in game is flaming. Calling something in relation to their performance in game is not. If I call you a cunt, that really has no connection to any intake performance. I saying "this cunt has terrible dps" is flaming, because I'm using the dps as grounds to call you a cunt, when there is no relation. To say "this noob has terrible dps" is NOT flaming because the noob comment is based on the damage.

    I was usin your gems as an example, I know you only do LFR but you should still keep up with your class mechanics. You aren't giving 100% because its not heroic raiding. I'm ire you are a good player and can handle yourself otherwise, but there is still not a reason to, just because its LFR, not give 100%. Howeve there are those who do not have the skill of a heroic raider who do not learn their class and keep up with changes. The "it only LFR don't care" mentality is horrible, and a sign of lack of dedication or care for others who will need to work harder to make up the difference. I'm not a great healer, but when I heal Inmake sure the raid lead knows I'm not great and have a friend who is willing to make up the difference. I do this in flex, and when I do LFR I have a healer friend come to help me out. If you have a healer willing to group with you to make up the difference then great! But don't expect random grouped healer to work harder since you don check icyveins.

  3. #1063
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I am glad so many people on this thread think like you do. If you cannot get a point across with out directly flaming someone its probably not worth doing so. I have seen quite a few people openly flame someone whos not performing as well as they could do. Sure I don't mind pointing out sub par play if its constructive even better! But just telling someone they suck or a fucking noob etc is not really cool and just a waste of time. You earn no respect in doing it.
    Think most thinks the same. We just see some people that want to defend doing it because that's how they've always done it.
    Don't really think we've seen a lot in this thread, if any, that actively afks and finds it unfair/elitist that people kicks them. Just players that don't like being flamed randomly by somebody that often is no better than themself.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  4. #1064
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    If it were only a few, it would likely not be an issue. But it seems like EVERY SINGLE RUN has one asshole that cannot hold his temper. They need to remember it is just a game, be an adult, handle it like one, and move on. Blowing their top and making it uncomfortable for others who are there to have fun is not necessary.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If asking people to act like adults and handle low scoring players in an adult manner makes me an elitist, then yea, I am an elitist.
    You are being elitist. You are expecting everybody to be on your level in how they communicate. Anybody below you, you see as elitist.

    Like I said earlier. These players REACT. Judge their reaction however you want, but don't ignore what they are reacting to.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Think most thinks the same. We just see some people that want to defend doing it because that's how they've always done it.
    Don't really think we've seen a lot in this thread, if any, that actively afks and finds it unfair/elitist that people kicks them. Just players that don't like being flamed randomly by somebody that often is no better than themself.
    Being criticized for something you did is not being flamed. Being flamed is something being said with no base behind it. Stuff like "kill yourself" is flaming. "Noob" is not, if you are having a skill issue.

  5. #1065
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    No it isn't flaming them. Terribad=terrible and bad. If they are dying and have low output then they as soon badly. Terribly bad. Hence the term. Is not flaming them. Calling them names that have no connection I what they are doing in game is flaming. Calling something in relation to their performance in game is not. If I call you a cunt, that really has no connection to any intake performance. I saying "this cunt has terrible dps" is flaming, because I'm using the dps as grounds to call you a cunt, when there is no relation. To say "this noob has terrible dps" is NOT flaming because the noob comment is based on the damage.

    I was usin your gems as an example, I know you only do LFR but you should still keep up with your class mechanics. You aren't giving 100% because its not heroic raiding. I'm ire you are a good player and can handle yourself otherwise, but there is still not a reason to, just because its LFR, not give 100%. Howeve there are those who do not have the skill of a heroic raider who do not learn their class and keep up with changes. The "it only LFR don't care" mentality is horrible, and a sign of lack of dedication or care for others who will need to work harder to make up the difference. I'm not a great healer, but when I heal Inmake sure the raid lead knows I'm not great and have a friend who is willing to make up the difference. I do this in flex, and when I do LFR I have a healer friend come to help me out. If you have a healer willing to group with you to make up the difference then great! But don't expect random grouped healer to work harder since you don check icyveins.
    So if you tell some girl you're speaking to that she's fat or ugly then it's not flaming or being a bell end, as long as she actually is?

  6. #1066
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    157
    I could see this happening in some fashion in LFR, but not in organized raids.

    What should happen is that LFR participants should not put up with asshattery, and, despite LFR's reputation, they often don't in my experience. People who queue for dungeons or raids don't want their time wasted any less than someone in an organized group or raid does.

    The "your DPS is too low" types are typically overgeared for the LFR, Heroic raiders trying to get a transmog piece who cannot fathom that not everyone does 300k dps.

  7. #1067
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    No it isn't flaming them. Terribad=terrible and bad. If they are dying and have low output then they as soon badly. Terribly bad. Hence the term. Is not flaming them. Calling them names that have no connection I what they are doing in game is flaming. Calling something in relation to their performance in game is not. If I call you a cunt, that really has no connection to any intake performance. I saying "this cunt has terrible dps" is flaming, because I'm using the dps as grounds to call you a cunt, when there is no relation. To say "this noob has terrible dps" is NOT flaming because the noob comment is based on the damage.

    I was usin your gems as an example, I know you only do LFR but you should still keep up with your class mechanics. You aren't giving 100% because its not heroic raiding. I'm ire you are a good player and can handle yourself otherwise, but there is still not a reason to, just because its LFR, not give 100%. Howeve there are those who do not have the skill of a heroic raider who do not learn their class and keep up with changes. The "it only LFR don't care" mentality is horrible, and a sign of lack of dedication or care for others who will need to work harder to make up the difference. I'm not a great healer, but when I heal Inmake sure the raid lead knows I'm not great and have a friend who is willing to make up the difference. I do this in flex, and when I do LFR I have a healer friend come to help me out. If you have a healer willing to group with you to make up the difference then great! But don't expect random grouped healer to work harder since you don check icyveins.
    I think you don't quite understand the terms you are using.

    Noob is a derogatory comment not the worst but it is still one and thus can be classed as flaming. It is derived from newb/newbie or new player and is meant as an insult. Now don't get me wrong calling someone a noob is not world ending stuff and I would not lose sleep over it. But lets not move the goal posts on what is and isnt flaming. But I digress we can agree to disagree on this front.

    As for my gems, I pretty much just eye balled them and ensured I met socket bonuses. Sure its a bit lazy but its more than good enough for LFR. The inner OCD child that lives in me screams at me to correct it so one day I might.

  8. #1068
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    If it were only a few, it would likely not be an issue. But it seems like EVERY SINGLE RUN has one asshole that cannot hold his temper. They need to remember it is just a game, be an adult, handle it like one, and move on. Blowing their top and making it uncomfortable for others who are there to have fun is not necessary.

    - - - Updated - - -



    If asking people to act like adults and handle low scoring players in an adult manner makes me an elitist, then yea, I am an elitist.
    Implying that acting like adults and adult mannerisms are the same as tolerance. To me; acting like an adult is taking constructive criticism on the chin and getting on with it. If I'm doing something wrong and someone points it out, no matter how rude they are, I don't start a thread on MMO champion crying about it. If I'm so offended by what they've said, I instead simply manoeuvre my mouse cursor to the location of the ignore option and proceed to have fun. And you know what? The less shit you are, the less abuse you're prone to receive. Go figure?

    No one rightly deserves tolerance for being a "low scorer" when the reason is mostly pure ignorance. Stepping into a random BG and seeing people in greens and blues without even reforging is complete ignorance. You're literally expecting 9-39 other players to carry you and have handicapped the entire instance from the start. If you're fucking terrible, and you're having fun - generally, everyone else isn't and chances are someone is going to get upset.

  9. #1069
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    No one has the right to yell at anyone else. Did you pay for my Game and Expacs? Do you pay for my service? Do you see me screaming at you for killing stuff too fast? No. Wanna know why? Cause I pay to play my way and can't stand assholes who think they have the ENTITLEMENT to yell at other people in a video game. They need to get a grip. If they can't stand the casuals, they need to move on to Wildstar, or whatever other elitist game is coming along.
    I just jumped into the thread and was just waiting for this comment to occur.

    1) You pay for the priveledge of playing the game, not the right to play the game.
    2) You being bad directly affects my ability to play, however breefly, and as such there is only so much I can do to make you perform better. Am I going to teach you how to play? Heck no, I didnt not sign up for that. But I am going to notify you of your failures, sometimes in a harsh manner, depending on the situation.

  10. #1070
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I'm not an elitist by any measure, and I am very patient and forgiving of people whom are trying their best to learn fights and improve. People, such as yourself, I have no problem with.

    It's people whom constantly and consistently fail to perform basic tasks (like the basic level of DPS required by the raid to hit an enrage timer, or moving out of the enormous red death mark on the floor) and, worst yet, make it perfectly clear they have no interest in even attempting to improve.
    The ones whom ignore the tactics when they are kindly explained very simply by other raid members, so they don't even have to open the dungeon log.
    The ones whom insist on nuking General Nazgrim during Defensive Stance, that insist on not attacking the Skull during Paragons of the Klaxxi.

    These players are the ones that help introduce the toxic attitude that dominates LFR. They make the raid unnecessarily difficult for the other players, whom may not be uber geared or super skilled, but are at least doing their best.

    These players are the ones with whom I can lose patience with, and they deserve it.
    BINGO!

    /10char

  11. #1071
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    You are being elitist. You are expecting everybody to be on your level in how they communicate. Anybody below you, you see as elitist.

    Like I said earlier. These players REACT. Judge their reaction however you want, but don't ignore what they are reacting to.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Being criticized for something you did is not being flamed. Being flamed is something being said with no base behind it. Stuff like "kill yourself" is flaming. "Noob" is not, if you are having a skill issue.
    Yes it is. It's neither constructive to say "noob". It's just as useless as saying "kill yourself". Both only shows that you're unsatisfied with the person. Not if you have any right or insight to do so. You don't show that you KNOW that they're bad so it is nothing but flaming. Because most of the time you have no god damn idea when you say "noob".
    If you knew the problem you would say so, as in "<reason it's a noob>, fix it, noob". You could even put several swearwords in. It would have been somewhat constructive, but basically just the reasoning alone that works best.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

  12. #1072
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Getting called out for doing something wrong and kicked for it is one thing. A player downright losing it on another player being both vicious and cruel without any provocation other than simple frustration is unacceptable. I get that people get upset when something goes wrong, but that just means they need to say something about it like an adult and either kick the person or move on. Flying off the handle like a 5 year old and shouting vicious statements is not the right answer.
    This also is true, I've seen people flip out like really flip out and either are kicked or egged on till they rage quit even if they're the holy decended upon high to use mere sullen DPS, the tank. Yet I've also seen where slight criticism of someone DPS or tanking and, I shit you not, I've seen people pull the bully card...for just light criticism.

  13. #1073
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    As for my gems, I pretty much just eye balled them and ensured I met socket bonuses. Sure its a bit lazy but its more than good enough for LFR.
    One of many factors contributing to toxicity in LFR. Inviting players to call you a noob when they inspect your gear and all it takes is an "eye ball" over it to see you don't know how to gem and therefore assume you don't know how to play either. Laziness isn't tolerated by all. Your laziness will always be seen as an inconvenience to somebody else when part of a group.

    FYI www.askmrrobot.com does this for you.
    Last edited by Jyggalag; 2013-12-06 at 03:03 PM.

  14. #1074
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    Posts
    4,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffseid View Post
    One of many factors contributing to toxicity in LFR. Inviting players to call you a noob when they inspect your gear and all it takes is an "eye ball" over it to see you don't know how to gem and therefore assume you don't know how to play either. Laziness isn't tolerated by all. Your laziness is an inconvenience to somebody else when part of a group.

    FYI www.askmrrobot.com does this for you.
    And this is why reforging and lots of gems/enchants are getting removed.

    It's utter bullshit that to play LFR people expect everybody to go 3rd party websites to constantly minmax their gear after every new item

  15. #1075
    I rather play with elitists then with noobs. I can ignore an elitist...I can't ignore noobs because they suck and ruin the game.

    So remove noobs.

  16. #1076
    I've always seen the anonymity in LFR and the rage that it brings out in people like drivers with road rage.

    Normal people that you'd meet in any daily activity or workplace and they're fine, very nice, respectful, etc.. But when they're on the road, they feel entitled, and the thought that these other vehicles are "just cars with bad drivers" cause people to rage and do stupid shit they wouldn't normally do (ride your ass, honk the horn, flip you off, etc). Mainly because they fail to see other vehicles as actual people and also because they feel that there will be no repercussions. They'll never see that person again or talk to them on a daily basis.

    I feel it's a lot of the same in LFR. Not everyone in LFR are total dicks. In their guild, on their server and probably in real life, they're most likely decent people. But put them in an anonymous environment where there are certain "expectations" and they do things they wouldn't normally.

    Although, the difference is that I've stopped road ragers in the middle of the road on more than one occasion. They don't like having to explain why they just flipped you off or are riding your ass...

    But getting up in arms in the middle of a run and going back and forth with some rager is like honking back at someone who honks at you... Seriously, it's not going to do anything, so just stop.

  17. #1077
    Warchief Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    2,029
    I'll never understand why people take LFR more seriously than any Heroic raid encounter.

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

  18. #1078
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    l2spell

    OT: Stacking anything as a tank is actually "viable" in LFR. I don't even have tank gear and I tank LFR just fine, and occasionally Flex when we lose a tank. Most of the problems with LFR aren't with poor playstyle, but with people actively working against the group. And a bad attitude can be tied right in with that, because it causes people to not give a shit anymore.
    My phone is shit for typing m8.

    These "bad attitudes" are in a majority if cases, reactionary. If the group doesn't have piss low dps, people won't mention low dps. If people are failing at mechanics, players won't mention sucking at mechanics.of course no raid goes flawlessly, but you should be able to take criticism, whether they sugar coat it or not.

  19. #1079
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffseid View Post
    One of many factors contributing to toxicity in LFR. Inviting players to call you a noob when they inspect your gear and all it takes is an "eye ball" over your it to see you don't know how to gem and therefore assume you don't know how to play either. Laziness isn't tolerated by all. Your laziness is an inconvenience to somebody else when part of a group.

    FYI www.askmrrobot.com does this for you.
    I've used it before (robot) its pretty handy. Now onto your point and quite frankly I think its not an issue for toxicity in LFR. If people put in enough effort to down the content with out problems (which I currently do) then we would not have this discussion? Logic bomb I know.

    What causes these issues are players who routinely make mistakes/don't improve or generally have a bad attitude (or both!) Hell some people just /follow I had that last week believe or not some guy had me on follow on trash raid kicked him as he was afk when it came to boss time. Funny thing I am actually looking at the DK theory crafting and already i've got the urge to fix my gems. Not for any other reason that it gets the most out of my character. As frankly I dont have _any_ issues tanking LFR currently. But hoping to get my friends to do flex soon so will be time to actually step it up and I will want to min max for that.

  20. #1080
    Quote Originally Posted by wych View Post
    And this is why reforging and lots of gems/enchants are getting removed.

    It's utter bullshit that to play LFR people expect everybody to go 3rd party websites to constantly minmax their gear after every new item
    What's utter bullshit is that a once great MMORPG game with RPG elements are being dumbed down and/or removed to cater to casuals who are too lazy to attempt to play the game as it was intended even when there are URLs that exist that do all the work for you in less than a few clicks.

    Where does it end?
    Last edited by Jyggalag; 2013-12-06 at 03:10 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •