Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ...
15
55
63
64
65
66
67
... LastLast
  1. #1281
    Banned -Superman-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Unsubbed til flight returns.
    Posts
    10,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    If you are serious I seriously wish Blizzard didn't cater to the likes of you.
    I am very serious. It is a video game. I should not have to waste hundreds of hours to improve my gear. I play for fun. I also asked them for player housing, toy boxes, account wide mounts and rep, as well as barbershops and xmog. Sorry to tell you I am EXACTLY who Blizz caters to

  2. #1282
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    Pointing out the hypocrisy in his rudeness in a post about being rude, whilst doing it rudely yourself is just a little ridiculous.

    You're making the same contribution many others have already made and is patently obvious. You're also doing it continuously over many many posts. It's your view, so I have no issue with you stating it, but the manner in which you do that and the frequency are needless. The thread has evolved since the OP. He may still be involved, but his notion has mostly been dismissed as a less than well thought out idea.

    I do appreciate you assuming I couldn't have figured that out myself. Or didn't already know. But you don't seem like an idiot to me, so I was actually asking you to contribute to the interesting part of the discussion which I would consider; Should people accept the aggression sometimes found in LFR? And why do so many players feel it is an acceptable response to failure? Should players take steps to improve that portion of the game by trying to help/educate under performers? Is civility welcome on the internet? Any of those take your fancy?
    I've already answered those things in this thread and many others. Taking a small side argument and assuming that's been my only contribution to the thread was your loss in finding those answers, not mine by not supplying them.

    I've always made my thoughts on those questions clear on the dozens of threads we have on the same topic.

  3. #1283
    Banned -Superman-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Unsubbed til flight returns.
    Posts
    10,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    15K dps is bad. Considering it to be bad is not elitist.

    It is my business when they use LFG
    Exactly. Calling out 15k dps is not elitist. Calling out 69k DPS when it should be 70k dps is elitist.

  4. #1284
    The Lightbringer Packers01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I am very serious. It is a video game. I should not have to waste hundreds of hours to improve my gear. I play for fun. I also asked them for player housing, toy boxes, account wide mounts and rep, as well as barbershops and xmog. Sorry to tell you I am EXACTLY who Blizz caters to
    Oh, who knew you had so much pull with blizz.
    Everyone's an atheist, some people just take it one god further.


    You can't kill a debt collector and you shouldn't kill a child-Mall Security

  5. #1285
    Banned -Superman-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Unsubbed til flight returns.
    Posts
    10,063
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I've always made my thoughts on those questions clear on the dozens of threads we have on the same topic.
    You side skirted their comment. You've made it obvious in "other" threads. Not this one.

  6. #1286
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I am very serious. It is a video game. I should not have to waste hundreds of hours to improve my gear. I play for fun. I also asked them for player housing, toy boxes, account wide mounts and rep, as well as barbershops and xmog. Sorry to tell you I am EXACTLY who Blizz caters to
    While we're at it, can you get me a free keychain?

    Thanks bro, that'd be tight.

    *fist bump*

  7. #1287
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    I'm okay with an auto kick for yelling at scrubs if there is also a limitless kick that removes fucking inept pieces of shit from dungeons and raids as well.
    But then you wouldn't have those telling at scrubs to kick since there are non =o but that would mean we actually hold people accountable.

    do you want a repeat of 4.0![/B]

  8. #1288
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Calling out 69k DPS when it should be 70k dps is elitist.
    Yeah. Okay. Great. Literally nobody does that. So, once again I have to point out what a ridiculously useless 65-page circlejerk this entire thread has been.

  9. #1289
    Banned -Superman-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Unsubbed til flight returns.
    Posts
    10,063
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Oh, who knew you had so much pull with blizz.
    Never claimed I was the reason they did it. I merely stated I asked for such things. Myself and multitudes of other casuals who pay to play and don't just burn through content in 3 days and bitch for 3 months. We enjoy the game for what it is and ask for new items to make it even more fun. Way to misinterpret a plain statement though

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Yeah. Okay. Great. Literally nobody does that. So, once again I have to point out what a ridiculously useless 65-page circlejerk this entire thread has been.

    Well, your opinion has been noted once again and I thank you for adding to the post count, and for helping keep it in the top 3 titles.

  10. #1290
    Warchief Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    2,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Good luck doing nothing in Flex, people actually pay attention to peoples numbers and if they are doing what they are supposed to, nor can you ignore all the mechanics like you can in LFR........LFR is not even CLOSE to being a stepping stone to raiding anymore than Timeless Isle is (which btw gives you higher ilvl than LFR).
    I'm merely saying that it's a possibility. And not even that unlikely if you have friends in the flex. He's dismissing LFR a stepping stone because a player wouldn't have to do anything, I'm pointing out that Flex can be the same way.

    TI doesn't give you raid experience whatsoever. LFR, while easy, at least introduces you to the bosses. Yes, there are some people who don't do anything, but most people do. Just because 1-5 people afk, doesn't mean that the whole group is getting free gear. Those other 20 people are at least learning the fights, even if they are watered down.

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

  11. #1291
    The Patient DCT1080's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main
    Posts
    267
    The very simple way to prevent discussions about things like these and in fact to at least help stop the community from being so bad to each other, would be to gate any random group content behind the player first having to unlock proving grounds endless mode. Per character.

    "Casuals" get everything they want, as only time can prevent someone from unlocking proving grounds endless mode.
    "Elitists" can be much more sure that the people they play with (if elites actually do random content at all) are in some small way competent at their role.
    "Bads" have less to do, never get thrown into a system forcing them to mix with people they never normally would mix with. Or, they learn to play and re-learn their manners.

  12. #1292
    The Lightbringer Packers01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,192
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Never claimed I was the reason they did it. I merely stated I asked for such things. Myself and multitudes of other casuals who pay to play and don't just burn through content in 3 days and bitch for 3 months. We enjoy the game for what it is and ask for new items to make it even more fun. Way to misinterpret a plain statement though
    ok.....I think that you think you speak for way more people then you do. Keep up the good fight though.
    Everyone's an atheist, some people just take it one god further.


    You can't kill a debt collector and you shouldn't kill a child-Mall Security

  13. #1293
    Mechagnome Santoryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    628
    I am very serious. It is a video game. I should not have to waste hundreds of hours to improve my gear. I play for fun. I also asked them for player housing, toy boxes, account wide mounts and rep, as well as barbershops and xmog. Sorry to tell you I am EXACTLY who Blizz caters to
    It never did take hundreds of hours.

    So you play for fun? You have fun in LFR or anything else nowadays, which does not require any presence of mind or any serious time investment?? Mind boggling. It might be fun at first, but that fun is very transitory, it lasts about a week, or maybe a month. Then you get bored and unsub. And as long as this is the model blizzards intends to stick with, subs will continue to decline as will the game quality and when push comes to shove, you'll wipe that grin off your face.

    Player housing is stupid and shouldn't take time from the development of useful stuff, like dungeons. Barbershops are just aesthetics and xmog was necessary because the design of gear is getting worse and worse.

  14. #1294
    Why are people still feeding this idiot troll's thread?

  15. #1295
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    I've already answered those things in this thread and many others. Taking a small side argument and assuming that's been my only contribution to the thread was your loss in finding those answers, not mine by not supplying them.

    I've always made my thoughts on those questions clear on the dozens of threads we have on the same topic.
    OK. I just went back through your post history and I see you have given your opinion on the things I listed. I must have just missed them whilst at work, or asleep. Anyway, I apologise for assuming that was your only contribution.

    We actually seem to agree on most things. Other than the whole being rude to address the rudeness of someone trying to address rudeness thing.

  16. #1296
    Warchief Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    2,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Guilds selling heroic carries prove that you can do nothing in Normal and Heroics too and get loot, therefore those aren't raiding either by the original logic.
    Can they? I hadn't dismissed Normals but I figured Heroics would be too difficult to do so. That's interesting.

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

  17. #1297
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    But then you wouldn't have those telling at scrubs to kick since there are non =o but that would mean we actually hold people accountable.

    do you want a repeat of 4.0![/B]
    Lol it was annoying the first week of 4.0 before they opened arenas and we had to farm Heroics and getting an absolute shit tank back to back. It would only let us kick one and then we had to suffer.

  18. #1298
    The Lightbringer Packers01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    3,192
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Why are people still feeding this idiot troll's thread?
    Remember its okay to troll but you can't call the trolls out.
    Everyone's an atheist, some people just take it one god further.


    You can't kill a debt collector and you shouldn't kill a child-Mall Security

  19. #1299
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Exactly. Calling out 15k dps is not elitist. Calling out 69k DPS when it should be 70k dps is elitist.
    you shouldn't be even that low

    The issue is that when you say "oh 69k is close enough" what's wrong with 68.5? Or 68? You have to draw a solid line. 70k is incredibly generous in the first place, moving the goal posts over and over is not an option.

    -kick anybody under 70k:bob, falnica, deathprokilla and shamwow
    -hey shamwow was 68k that's close enough
    -fine. Kick the others.
    -Falnica was only 3k behind Shamwow that isn't that much.

    And so on. Where do you draw the line?

  20. #1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    You side skirted their comment. You've made it obvious in "other" threads. Not this one.
    Interesting, because I just found at least a couple in this thread =/

    You guys are probably right though, the side argument a few pages ago to show that you were doing the exact thing you're making threads against was the first time I stepped foot in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Maybe they should. For me, I'm used to the game, I've learned how to type between GCD's. Not everyone is like that.

    And I'm not going to expect a mother who hears her child start screaming to have her first thought as "I should let these random strangers who are calling each other noobs know that I'm going to attend to my child." And yeah, when she gets to her kid and he was just scared because he saw a spider, all is well and she's back. But at that moment when her kid screams out of nowhere, yeah, that's an emergency to her whether you agree with it or not.

    Communication in general is good, and it should happen. I'm not arguing against that. But when the first reaction of almost everyone you see in LFR is "OMFG BOOT THEM THEY HAVEN'T MOVED IN 3 SECONDS" then there's a problem. Refusing to communicate and go AFK "just because you can" is an asshole move, sure.

    All I'm suggesting, is that instead of complaining about and contributing to the problem, at least try to give the benefit of the doubt once in a while. If you don't try make things better, you can't expect anyone else to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    This is something that is missed in many of these discussions. There ARE, believe it or not, people who are brand new to the game, never raided in their life or touched an mmo before who are still stumbling through the outrageous amount of knowledge necessary to play correctly that those of us who have played for years take for granted.

    And when those new people level up hearing nothing but "stupid noob kick him" how do you expect them to react to ANY advice or negative comments?

    Case in point, my girlfriend just started playing about two months ago. She doesn't have max level character yet (nor has she ever touched an MMO) but after leveling Mage halfway and a hunter over halfway, she decided she wanted to heal. So we rerolled and now she has a holy pally (on RAF). We were in dire maul, and as soon as we zone in, the tank makes an enormous pull while my girlfriend is still loading into the instance. He pulls so many that he does quickly and starts cussing at her for not healing him, when the fact is, she wasn't even zoned in until after he had pulled way too many mobs to begin with. After extensive cussing he went AFK and we finished the instance without a tank. But, before he went AFK, he had cussed at her so much that she actually used chat for one of the first times to tell him to go fuck himself.

    Now, when those are the type of people newbies have to "learn" with, how can they be expected to listen to anyone's feedback? Especially since we finished the instance without a tank and a brand new healer without a hitch.

    Point is: stop being pseudo elitist douchebags. You're not good at the game, and pretending to be by doing stupid shit and talking down to others only makes you look stupid. I'm a great player, and I've played with many, many great players in my time, and I can spot the wannabes from a mile away. Be good, do your job, and shut your fuckhole.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •