Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ...
16
56
64
65
66
67
68
... LastLast
  1. #1301
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    You side skirted their comment. You've made it obvious in "other" threads. Not this one.
    Interesting, because I just found at least a couple in this thread =/

    You guys are probably right though, the side argument a few pages ago to show that you were doing the exact thing you're making threads against was the first time I stepped foot in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Maybe they should. For me, I'm used to the game, I've learned how to type between GCD's. Not everyone is like that.

    And I'm not going to expect a mother who hears her child start screaming to have her first thought as "I should let these random strangers who are calling each other noobs know that I'm going to attend to my child." And yeah, when she gets to her kid and he was just scared because he saw a spider, all is well and she's back. But at that moment when her kid screams out of nowhere, yeah, that's an emergency to her whether you agree with it or not.

    Communication in general is good, and it should happen. I'm not arguing against that. But when the first reaction of almost everyone you see in LFR is "OMFG BOOT THEM THEY HAVEN'T MOVED IN 3 SECONDS" then there's a problem. Refusing to communicate and go AFK "just because you can" is an asshole move, sure.

    All I'm suggesting, is that instead of complaining about and contributing to the problem, at least try to give the benefit of the doubt once in a while. If you don't try make things better, you can't expect anyone else to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    This is something that is missed in many of these discussions. There ARE, believe it or not, people who are brand new to the game, never raided in their life or touched an mmo before who are still stumbling through the outrageous amount of knowledge necessary to play correctly that those of us who have played for years take for granted.

    And when those new people level up hearing nothing but "stupid noob kick him" how do you expect them to react to ANY advice or negative comments?

    Case in point, my girlfriend just started playing about two months ago. She doesn't have max level character yet (nor has she ever touched an MMO) but after leveling Mage halfway and a hunter over halfway, she decided she wanted to heal. So we rerolled and now she has a holy pally (on RAF). We were in dire maul, and as soon as we zone in, the tank makes an enormous pull while my girlfriend is still loading into the instance. He pulls so many that he does quickly and starts cussing at her for not healing him, when the fact is, she wasn't even zoned in until after he had pulled way too many mobs to begin with. After extensive cussing he went AFK and we finished the instance without a tank. But, before he went AFK, he had cussed at her so much that she actually used chat for one of the first times to tell him to go fuck himself.

    Now, when those are the type of people newbies have to "learn" with, how can they be expected to listen to anyone's feedback? Especially since we finished the instance without a tank and a brand new healer without a hitch.

    Point is: stop being pseudo elitist douchebags. You're not good at the game, and pretending to be by doing stupid shit and talking down to others only makes you look stupid. I'm a great player, and I've played with many, many great players in my time, and I can spot the wannabes from a mile away. Be good, do your job, and shut your fuckhole.

  2. #1302
    High Overlord DCT1080's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I am very serious. It is a video game. I should not have to waste hundreds of hours to improve my gear. I play for fun. I also asked them for player housing, toy boxes, account wide mounts and rep, as well as barbershops and xmog. Sorry to tell you I am EXACTLY who Blizz caters to
    It is not about the destination, but the journey itself.

    What makes you so special that you feel you ought not have to spend time improving your character like everyone else?

    In fact, if you play for fun, then accept that your fun ought to be found without advances in your gear, there is plenty else besides for people without "time" to do things in WoW.
    Last edited by DCT1080; 2013-12-06 at 08:41 PM.

  3. #1303
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    As I've said before, many people can tell stories of how they got better to shut those "elitists" up.
    And many people can tell stories of how people got worse or stayed at the same dps due to the elitists.

    If you dont have something constructive to say, stfu.
    If you give them advice on how to improve the chance that they will actually improve is higher than if you tell them that they are shit.

  4. #1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Can they? I hadn't dismissed Normals but I figured Heroics would be too difficult to do so. That's interesting.
    More in 10M than 25M. What I've seen is guilds selling carries make the guy gettin carried kill themself so the raiders don't run the risk of him messing up a major mechanic.

  5. #1305
    Mechagnome Santoryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    615
    And so on. Where do you draw the line?
    The stat squish will fix this.

  6. #1306
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Yeah, damn those casuals for wanting to play a game stress free rather then have some supernerd giving them shit in the raid.

    Nobody here has a problem with elitists who say nothing.
    Nobody here has a problem with elitists who offer helpful advice.
    People here have a problem with vocal elitists putting everyone down.

    Personally, I've seen more LFRs fail due to people leaving because of an elitist attitude rather than wipes itself.

    If you tell the raid, "Hey, that fire is killing you guys, Try not to stand in it." you'll generally get a lot more players willing to listen to that than, "You fucking noobs suck, get out of the damn fire.". People will purposely do the latter just to spite you.
    Just showing that people are thin skinned wastes of space. I was in a flex the other day on Thok and a bunch of people died due to being under his feet. After we wiped the RL was a bit abusive and basically said if you can't keep out from underneath him then just leave cuz ill kick you if you die to that again. A bunch of people were like, "Omg what an asshole, boo fucking who, im a giant baby" and left. We picked up people to replace them and killed the boss.

    What does being a sensitive pansy ass get you? Nothing, so just toughen up and get some shit done.

  7. #1307
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    And many people can tell stories of how people got worse or stayed at the same dps due to the elitists.

    If you dont have something constructive to say, stfu.
    If you give them advice on how to improve the chance that they will actually improve is higher than if you tell them that they are shit.
    I'm not in a random group to be a teacher. I'm doing my job and preforming my role right. You are not preparing your role right. If a player whispered me asking how I do such great damage I would tell them. However if somebody isn't trying to do wellin the first place, like not reading the dungeon journal or actually having full participation, then they can screw off. If uou walk in ungemmed, unenchanter (or doing so wrong because you can't bother to learn your class) and expect somebody to teach you then you are being a leecher and an ass

  8. #1308
    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic View Post
    OK. I just went back through your post history and I see you have given your opinion on the things I listed. I must have just missed them whilst at work, or asleep. Anyway, I apologise for assuming that was your only contribution.

    We actually seem to agree on most things. Other than the whole being rude to address the rudeness of someone trying to address rudeness thing.


    I'm not a fan of hypocrisy. If OP is going to suggest others do something, he should do it himself (and not simply by some half cracked made up definition of his own).

    I don't yell at people in LFR, because I know what to expect when I get there. I rarely ever initiate a kick, and unless there is a damn good reason, I don't blindly vote yes for kicks. Punishment in a video game is not going to improve performance. These people aren't pack mules. And when you beat them senseless with your bad attitude and words (regardless of how much OP thinks HIS version of rudeness is acceptable) then even those who desire to improve are just gonna say "fuck it."

    Fact is: If you're going into LFR, you're going to experience bad and/or inexperienced players. No question about it. If you get upset once you get in there because that's the case, when you KNEW beforehand that it was going to be the case, then you need to question your own sensibility. LFR is what it is. Accept it or don't go.

    And as far as the recent side argument, I made my point and the OP supported my point perfectly in his own back tracking way. He made an entire thread to complain about rude people, and in the same thread was rude to half the posters that took the time to post on his thread. That, my friend, is not okay.
    Last edited by Louis CK; 2013-12-06 at 08:47 PM.

  9. #1309
    Brewmaster Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    1,459
    Quote Originally Posted by cabyio View Post
    Just showing that people are thin skinned wastes of space. I was in a flex the other day on Thok and a bunch of people died due to being under his feet. After we wiped the RL was a bit abusive and basically said if you can't keep out from underneath him then just leave cuz ill kick you if you die to that again. A bunch of people were like, "Omg what an asshole, boo fucking who, im a giant baby" and left. We picked up people to replace them and killed the boss.

    What does being a sensitive pansy ass get you? Nothing, so just toughen up and get some shit done.
    Not the same thing, they left due to the fact that they were going to get kicked if they died or (presumably) if they started to talk back. Thats not the case with LFR. There is no leader so fights are way more likely to happen. The only thing that would make your run worse is when the other people are just looking for ways to spite you.

    What does being a sensitive pansy ass get you? Nothing, so just toughen up and get some shit done.

    What does being an asshole in LFR get you? Nothing, so just chill out and get some shit done.

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

  10. #1310
    Banned Superman-BladesEdge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Polishing the foot I plan to park in Blizzard's ass
    Posts
    5,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    you shouldn't be even that low

    The issue is that when you say "oh 69k is close enough" what's wrong with 68.5? Or 68? You have to draw a solid line. 70k is incredibly generous in the first place, moving the goal posts over and over is not an option.

    -kick anybody under 70k:bob, falnica, deathprokilla and shamwow
    -hey shamwow was 68k that's close enough
    -fine. Kick the others.
    -Falnica was only 3k behind Shamwow that isn't that much.

    And so on. Where do you draw the line?

    It was a sample... chill out dude Maybe I should have said "HEY! You're only doing 99K and not 100K you scrub!"

  11. #1311
    Brewmaster Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    1,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Fact is: If you're going into LFR, you're going to experience bad and/or inexperienced players. No question about it. If you get upset once you get in there because that's the case, when you KNEW beforehand that it was going to be the case, then you need to question your own sensibility. LFR is what it is. Accept it or don't go.
    I agree with this 100%.

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

  12. #1312
    Mechagnome Santoryu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Staples Center
    Posts
    615
    It was a sample... chill out dude Maybe I should have said "HEY! You're only doing 99K and not 100K you scrub!"
    Even 90k compared to 100k is irrelevant. Come stat squish, the DPS will be much lower and relative differences will be more apparent.

  13. #1313
    If they had a 'report toxic player' option like LoL does I think they'd lose about 2 million subs.

  14. #1314
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post

    Fact is: If you're going into LFR, you're going to experience bad and/or inexperienced players. No question about it. If you get upset once you get in there because that's the case, when you KNEW beforehand that it was going to be the case, then you need to question your own sensibility. LFR is what it is. Accept it or don't go.
    That was the case with LFD and was even stated by the developers and CMs when the feature first came out that if you chose to solo queue there will be a risk and you will have to accept it. Yet that didnt fly when Cata launched. While there was other reasons that made Cata heroics a problem the kind of mentality that came out from it and effectively supported just fueled the mentality of those who expect smooth fast groups in a random queue feature.

  15. #1315
    How do you deal with the people that don't care and aren't interested in learning? I run across this all the time, I even try to help people by telling them where they can go if they want to improve their dps/healing or whatever. They don't care....it's just LFR. When the majority of bad players are causing 24 other people to waste time.... I for one don't appreciate it especially when my time is precious or they tell me to screw off because its just a game and they don't care. As far as I am concerned, they will be the first I vote kick and let them know when they have a better attitude and want to improve instead of holding back 24 other people they are welcome back.


    Quote Originally Posted by ApeDosMil View Post
    Where did I say in my posts that bads don't disrupt LFR? Point is though, LFR is the place to learn for them. There are a lot of players that don't understand they should use skills/spells on every gcd, need to pool their cooldowns for certain mechanics (berserk stance nazgrim), certain adds need to be prioritized, etc. That being said, some of this can be learned from running dungeons, but eh, thanks to timeless isle, people are going from world questing to ToT and SoO LFR. Point being that unless you are wiping on berserk timers or certain adds aren't dying, it's almost never the dps's fault.

  16. #1316
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    The stat squish will fix this.
    Not really. If we're doing 2k damage, and somebody says kick under 1.8, the guy soon 1.78 may feel upset. An if he is allowe the 1.75 will want to be allowed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    It was a sample... chill out dude Maybe I should have said "HEY! You're only doing 99K and not 100K you scrub!"
    Keep moving the line around. If 99k is okay why isn't 98? An of that was why not 97? Why is one thing "close enough" when anothe is not?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Not the same thing, they left due to the fact that they were going to get kicked if they died or (presumably) if they started to talk back. Thats not the case with LFR. There is no leader so fights are way more likely to happen. The only thing that would make your run worse is when the other people are just looking for ways to spite you.

    What does being a sensitive pansy ass get you? Nothing, so just toughen up and get some shit done.

    What does being an asshole in LFR get you? Nothing, so just chill out and get some shit done.
    Expecting people to try or leave is not wing an asshole but it is an asshole move to NOT try and expect others to pick up the slack.

  17. #1317
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    21,790
    In terms of DPS you're also ignoring game mechanics where you have to worry about living over punching your super saiyan cooldowns. On a lot of movement oriented fights certain classes won't do so well. Personally if someone is doing something wrong or bad I will point it out. If they want to be an ass about it fine. I won't help them. There's no point in insulting them. I refuse to sink to their level.

    Nobody likes being called a cunt because you are new to tanking OUTDATED LFR content(Lei-Shen I miss you)!
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...htsongg/simple

  18. #1318
    You know;
    I don't touch LFR very often anymore but it was rarely ever anybody "good" dissing people in the chat.
    If it was it was an odd off-case of some guy queuing as a shadow priest in the healer spec and then whining somebody didn't lust when he spammed it after he pulled the boss himself too early. Sometime he'd have heroic gear. But that's only happened once in recent memory.

    Those squabbling LFR idiots telling each other how to "l2p"? They were almost always god awful.
    They were the guys doing significantly less dps/healing than they should have and nagging out the other guys just there doing their thing.

    Anybody doing 60k DPS in Timeless Isle gear to me just isn't trying and thus shouldn't be in group content. I've seen them doing around that in SoO gear too.
    I recently geared up my Warlock through that gear and was still doing 100k DPS. I have no idea how to play the class. I'll always give some leeway because I do have very good IRL friends who aren't that great at the game and are still learning...
    But even they don't do "i'm just clicking random buttons on my bars" DPS.

    I also play to have fun.
    Having to put up with people who just literally do not try or care about basic RPG elements bother me. It's not fun;
    Yet everybody has to put up with it because they're having fun?

    There's a difference between somebody who plays for fun and somebody who is at least mindful of the fact other people are around them.

    -- Signature by /the/ Crazytaco --

  19. #1319
    Immortal Arbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    7,263
    I can agree with most things in that OP very well written, people should take some time to atleast understand the basics than maybe their will less elitists around. An when someone trys to help you don't get pissed insult them for trying to help you out that just causes more problems.

    Just the other day I experienced this for the first time in along time. A Enhancement Shaman was using the wrong weapon (2H Wep w/ Strength) Now i do remember in Vanilla Enhance Shaman did use these kind of weapons, I played one back than.

    So I kindly whispered him & asked "hey I noticed your using a 2H strength weapon may I ask why you picked it?, He responded saying it looked cool & is very strong. I told him it certainly is, but to get the most through put, you need to use a weapon that uses the same stats, Like Agility & actually you use Dual Wield for an Enhancement Shaman.

    He responded confused asking why he had to, I told him about Stats break points & everything & that certain classes & specs have to use certain weapons for maxium output & he than understood why he was doing such little damage, He understood his class & rotation. But I found it odd he was using the wrong weapon. Sometimes people just dont understand everything & its are good as a community to teach them this & help them understand everything. He said he read guides & everything, but I was shocked he had been using the wrong weapon so quite some time.

    He thank me & I spent a good hour helping with anything else he may need to know. So as much it pained me to see how much he was clueless about he was willing to listen & has improved greatly since the 2 hours I spent with him. Sometimes it just takes a simple whisper asking questions that can really put someone on the right track. I added him to Battletag told him to msge me anytime he had any questions.

    Ussually this the case I have encountered people who got mad at me for offering help, but sometimes you will meet that clueless person that wants to get better & learn, but needs that extra push. If everyone as a community would do this than maybe things would get better for sure. We were all knew at one point & got put in the right direction why can't we do the same & pay it forward to newer players.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-12-06 at 10:00 PM.

  20. #1320
    Brewmaster Lime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Over There
    Posts
    1,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Expecting people to try or leave is not wing an asshole
    I never said that it was... You're putting words in my mouth. I've clearly said by this point that it's entirely dependent on how you word it.

    Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •