Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I think anyone who thinks they have to yell at someone everytime they wipe, everytime their DPS is low, everytime they miss the Flag Carrier, EVERYTIME THE OTHER GUY DOES SOMETHING OTHER THAN WHAT THE ELITIST WANTS HIM TO DO. It is just a game, and people should be allowed to play their way. If we wipe, so what. We try again. If DPS is low, so what, we try to help by being NICE about it, and not telling them to go kill themselves, but not before deleting their toon and uninstalling WoW. My definition of elitist is someone who makes WoW and job and takes everything in the game seriously with a life and death attitude.

You'd think elitists would have figured out by now we are the majority and the game is being tailored to us. We have NO issues with it the way it is, or will be. They have the issues, they can find a new sandbox to play in. We are the majority, we are casual, and like it or not, we are not leaving.
    If the game is being tailored towards you, than why do soo many people cry content is too difficult?

I think anyone who thinks they have to yell at someone everytime they wipe, everytime their DPS is low, everytime they miss the Flag Carrier, EVERYTIME THE OTHER GUY DOES SOMETHING OTHER THAN WHAT THE ELITIST WANTS HIM TO DO. It is just a game, and people should be allowed to play their way. If we wipe, so what. We try again. If DPS is low, so what, we try to help by being NICE about it, and not telling them to go kill themselves, but not before deleting their toon and uninstalling WoW. My definition of elitist is someone who makes WoW and job and takes everything in the game seriously with a life and death attitude.

You'd think elitists would have figured out by now we are the majority and the game is being tailored to us. We have NO issues with it the way it is, or will be. They have the issues, they can find a new sandbox to play in. We are the majority, we are casual, and like it or not, we are not leaving.
    You are making up issues that doesn't exist. high end raiders and "elitists" are not the same persons. the "elitists" you are bashing are part of your creed. The "Casual" gamer. You know why? Because high end raiders don't have to care about you. You suck in LFR? Could not care less, will carry you.
    Wipe in a 5-man? Couldn't care less cause I will never be in your group ect ect ect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazmodius View Post
    ^this, exactly, elistist wishes for performance not screaming at bad people who doesn't want to learn anything. That is called another mad boss kid.

Also if some people could stop thinking elistists are all jerks, we might be able someday to help others in an helpful way.
    That's not what elitist is ffs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    This inferiority complex is absolutely pathetic, get a grip. If someones yelling at you your obviously doing something wrong, if you arent then they're just your typical douchebag that the ignore button is for.
    No one has the right to yell at anyone else. Did you pay for my Game and Expacs? Do you pay for my service? Do you see me screaming at you for killing stuff too fast? No. Wanna know why? Cause I pay to play my way and can't stand assholes who think they have the ENTITLEMENT to yell at other people in a video game. They need to get a grip. If they can't stand the casuals, they need to move on to Wildstar, or whatever other elitist game is coming along.

So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the urge to bad mouth or belittle his team.

In the end, it is just a game. It should not matter that those of us who might prefer LFR don't do 150K in DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe. Shit happens. So the elitists either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play our game our way. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs while the majority of us casuals enjoy our game at our own pace.

#NoMoreElitists
    I'm all for it if we can also auto kick people who don't even want to try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Odd how some people think elitism is a positive trait? Sociopaths perhaps
    Elitism is always bad, when someone lifts themselves into the position of Elite..
    Being part of something elite is a reward given by others.. That's where the root of the problem lies.

Self declared elitism is arrogance, ignorance, and perjury and douche bag attitude... Hence they are given the term Elitist by others..
    Contrary to let's say how we give the term to soldiers IRL who've been trained to accomplish something special, those we call Elite Units, and not Elitist Units..
    They also don't run around and show a demeaning attitude towards others.. They feel honored for having that term rewarded to them.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

No one has the right to yell at anyone else. Did you pay for my Game and Expacs? Do you pay for my service? Do you see me screaming at you for killing stuff too fast? No. Wanna know why? Cause I pay to play my way and can't stand assholes who think they have the ENTITLEMENT to yell at other people in a video game. They need to get a grip. If they can't stand the casuals, they need to move on to Wildstar, or whatever other elitist game is coming along.
    And those are all part of that 95% you seem to think they are not part of. The top 5% doesn't care about you in the slightest. Also paying for something has fuck all to do with your entitlement to be in a group. Seriously grow up.

If I go into LFR right this second, my group will have people that don't know any of the fights in SoO and will not have watched 1 video, or read 1 word on a forum, or even so much as glanced at a picture in the dungeon journal about any of the boss's, but if I call that kid out I'll probably be called an elitist.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a perfect world my friend, in a perfect world. The other day I was in LFR on my Boomkin and one of the decked out tanks, a Druid as well, was cussing me out for not battle rezzing him. It literally looked like this: "DUDE BR ME WTF!!!!! ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?!!! YOU FUCKING WORTHLESS NOOB FUCK YOU FAG! /raid That stupid Druid wouldn't BR me or else we would have had it." Ah man, thing is, I tried BRing him lol. One of the times I couldn't click or /tar him for whatever reason and the other time it said "cannot do that in combat", so yeah, these douche lords need to go. I'm pretty sure I wasn't doing anything wrong in how I was trying, but regardless, it doesn't excuse his behavior. But yeah, sadly, it's a dream for people like us.

I can see the elitists saying, "well, why do we 5% have to deal with the 95% r-tards?" Well, I don't have the answers, but maybe Blizz could make an option like someone mentioned, to have Casual, Hardcore, etc. Then the descriptions for those could tell you what goes on in them. For instance for a battleground, "Hardcore: You know this BG well, you know the correct strategies to win this efficiently, yada yada yada". Idk, just off the top of my head ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    You are making up issues that doesn't exist. high end raiders and "elitists" are not the same persons. the "elitists" you are bashing are part of your creed. The "Casual" gamer. You know why? Because high end raiders don't have to care about you. You suck in LFR? Could not care less, will carry you.
    Wipe in a 5-man? Couldn't care less cause I will never be in your group ect ect ect.
    I never said anything about High end raiders did I? You are only reading what you want to read and misinterpreting it. I said elitists. I know plenty of high end raiders, even in my own guild who have never once yelled at anyone in a Raid. I am referring to elitists and elitists only. If you take offense to that, odds are you are one of the people who feel entitled to yell at others in a game.

Deleted
    Pricks != Elitist.

The thing is this: being casual or an elitist is not mutually exclusive.This is totally from personal evidence but in my experience, the kind of people with the elitist attitude are casuals (there still is good players with the attitude).

Your average decent players won't really give a damn that you're performing poorly and will just leave should his limit of wipes he can tolerate is reached. And as it has been mentioned before, people feeling offended by other people language should just report said players then ignore them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    And those are all part of that 95% you seem to think they are not part of. The top 5% doesn't care about you in the slightest. Also paying for something has fuck all to do with your entitlement to be in a group. Seriously grow up.
    This right here is an elitist.

Deleted
    Perhaps the 95% should just be allowed to play and spend their $15 how they see fit. We asked for garrisons, we got them. Now we get shit about it being the sims. We asked for pet battles and got those too. We were teased for Pokemon. We asked for Barbershops, toy boxes, fey dragon mounts, and so on, and we keep getting what we want cause we are casual and will pay the same price as the elitists and not DEMAND new content every 10 days after we power-trash the old stuff.
    You're listing vanity items as an accomplishment casuals made?
    Every new expansion blizzard brings, the game gets dumbed down and ever since the game got dumbed down, it's been losing subscriptions, so yea the casual player might be the biggest group now, but only because the hardcore ppl are losing interest into a game you are destroying by making it more & more casual!
    Last edited by mmoceed06906ce; 2013-12-05 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    I don't know if you've ever met a real elitist, he's easy to identify though. Has the title of "scarab lord", every legendary item even if they cant equip it, long forgotten about mounts, and typically a decent guy.
    Meh, for too long anyone could be Scarab lord just by realm transferring.

I think OP has got things a little wrong. By "Elitist" do you mean an Elite player? Because if so, likelyhood is very small you'll be seeing them in Dungeons, LFR or regular battlegrounds. Even if they're leveling an alt, most people with a lot of experience playing the game at high level kind of understand that most people are learning the ropes in dungeons and heroic dungeons and LFR are just a gateway for gear and progression so only an idiot would take it seriously.

If by "Elitist" you mean one of the people that's angry and puts down players because of gear and skill in dungeons , then they're normally a failtard that no-one wants to raid with, and who wants to feel like he's superior to at least SOME players. I've even had one tank abusing the entire heroic dungeon group because he was doing higher DPS than the DPSers in the group. These people will always be asshats, just block them.

BUT If by "Elitist" you mean the guy who's a competent player, but in LFR finally snaps because people can't repeatedly follow INCREDIBLY SIMPLE mechanics, than don't blame him. I've been that guy before. It genuinely ASTOUNDS me how many wipes you can have on some bosses in LFR and what keeps killing the same people again and again. I've been called an Elitist in LFR before but in no way regard myself as such.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2013-12-05 at 02:39 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    I'm going to add this since I feel it's helpful.

e·lit·ist [ih-lee-tist ey-lee‐]
    adjective
    (of a person or class of persons) considered superior by others or by themselves, as in intellect, talent, power, wealth, or position in society: elitist country clubbers who have theirs and don't care about anybody else.
    catering to or associated with an elitist class, its ideologies, or its institutions: Even at such a small, private college, Latin and Greek are under attack as too elitist.
    noun
    a person having, thought to have, or professing superior intellect or talent, power, wealth, or membership in the upper echelons of society: He lost a congressional race in Texas by being smeared as an Eastern elitist.
    a person who believes in the superiority of an elitist class.

So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the urge to bad mouth or belittle his team.

In the end, it is just a game. It should not matter that those of us who might prefer LFR don't do 150K in DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe. Shit happens. So the elitists either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play our game our way. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs while the majority of us casuals enjoy our game at our own pace.

#NoMoreElitists
    Or you could do it the other way around and kick all of the noobs? Either way, elitists and shit players are here to stay, whether you're on one side or the other. Personally i'd prefer to have both groups erased from existance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    If I go into LFR right this second, my group will have people that don't know any of the fights in SoO and will not have watched 1 video, or read 1 word on a forum, or even so much as glanced at a picture in the dungeon journal about any of the boss's, but if I call that kid out I'll probably be called an elitist.
    Depends how you call that 'kid' out

I think anyone who uses the words "noob" or "scrub" need to be autokicked.

Adding a vote to kick option to BGs might be an idea? In LFR you need 5 different people voting kick on the person for it to go as a raid-wide vote, add a certain number to each bg and voila!

(Example: WSG is 10 people, 3 votes on you and you get kicked.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so