Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Why do you feel it is "elitists" only that talk shit in LFR or BGs? I have seen people who do subpar DPS and healing start talking shit.
    Why do you feel as though elitism has anything to do with being skilled?

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    This isn't directed at you personally, just at the statement you've made...

NO!

The PLAYERS in the COMMUNITY need to do something about the toxic PLAYERS. Blizzard has provided enough ways to get around them. It is the responsibility of the PLAYERS to use them and stop blaming Blizzard for the problem the PLAYERS created.
    hehe, then i call upon the community. if anyone knows of any mercs please use them as a fear tactic to get those griefers to behave, or else...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by I Knew It View Post

#DownWithSilverPlatterCasuals
    How about putting together some sort of mmr to bring them all together so people can stare with 24 like-minded players afk at content or wipe 10 times in a row to ninja pulling.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-12-05 at 03:13 PM.

Deleted
    Loading screen is elitist.

IT TOLD ME NOT TO STAND IN THE FIRE

Don't tell me how to play loading screen!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Why do you feel it is "elitists" only that talk shit in LFR or BGs? I have seen people who do subpar DPS and healing start talking shit.
    FFS, L2R

Elitist DOESN'T MEAN SKILLED PLAYER

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lakhesis View Post
    Isn't this thread just a slightly more lucid version of exactly what you're describing?

You're publicly complaining about people, telling them that they're worthless & they should nick off because you're entitled to enjoy the game the way you want.

I mean I'm all for people being nice to each other. But I don't think this approach you're taking here is much more than pot-calling-kettle-black venting.
    soooooooooo this.

I'm not one to yell at people in LFR because I honestly couldn't care. I hardly ever do LFR, and when I do I usually just sit back and kill things as fast as possible. With that said, this thread is hilariously hypocritical. Casuals screaming for "Elitists" to get out of their raids, and then going on to be elitist themselves on these forums. "Oh you don't like that we're here? GET OUT" the same thing those "Elitists" are saying to you. Remember elitism can go both ways, and be careful not to be a hypocrit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Why should the 95% majority of casuals have to tolerate the 5% of elitists? Maybe they should change queues to be "Hardcore" or "Casual". Then we can filter them as soon as they join the LF(whatever).
    Imagine what it'd be like in the casual queue! Absolute dribble city.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Yeah you sure seem to know your way arround things.
    He is right though Tryl. There's plenty of elitists who are clueless as well, perhaps due to insecurity. However. it's pretty easy to grow an elitist attitude when you are skilled in the game an play for a top guild as the mistake to do is to hold every other player against the standard of the players you happend to be able to play with - which for me is a plausible explenation to why my patience in lfr is close to nonexistant.

The sad part is, that those who get "flamed" most of the times dont even try to improve. They are fine with beeing bad.
    No surprise that people get vocal.

The only reason "elitists" exist, is that some/a lot of players just suck/dont want to get better.
    And it feels like their number increases steadily.

"Back in the day" the two groups (elitists and baddies) didnt get mixed that often, because the "baddies" had no means to enter content they are not supposed to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    soooooooooo this.

I'm not one to yell at people in LFR because I honestly couldn't care. I hardly ever do LFR, and when I do I usually just sit back and kill things as fast as possible. With that said, this thread is hilariously hypocritical. Casuals screaming for "Elitists" to get out of their raids, and then going on to be elitist themselves on these forums. "Oh you don't like that we're here? GET OUT" the same thing those "Elitists" are saying to you. Remember elitism can go both ways, and be careful not to be a hypocrit.
    Yes, they're jerks for not wanting jerks to trash talk them in their raids. Seems legit.

Deleted
    People who usually yell at people and such are NOT "Elites" in this game. People who usually yell, act all important are people who have done next to NOTHING in WoW!

Just an hour ago I queued a random dungeon - Scarlet Monastery Normal and then a hunter and a priest started the usual arguing about how the other one sux, no the other one sux, etc. Then they started bragging, "I killed Garrosh Heroic and you're only 12/14 Heroic ... etc.", then I inspected their achievements and both of them only completed SoO LFR.

And this is not a single case, it is well-known that people who yell and brag the most are the ones who have done nothing. It's how life works even IRL.

People who know how to play are usually silent, minding their own business just so they're done as fast as possible. It's like that on forums, people always argue bla bla, but in fact have accomplished nothing and only copy what other people said so they can look like the "cool kids", but little do they know they're in fact the opposite.

Look at game reviewers, the loudest, yet the worst players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Why do you feel as though elitism has anything to do with being skilled?
    e·lit·ist [ih-lee-tist ey-lee‐] Show IPA
    adjective
    (of a person or class of persons) considered superior by others or by themselves, as in intellect, talent, power, wealth, or position in society: elitist country clubbers who have theirs and don't care about anybody else.
    catering to or associated with an elitist class, its ideologies, or its institutions: Even at such a small, private college, Latin and Greek are under attack as too elitist.
    noun
    a person having, thought to have, or professing superior intellect or talent, power, wealth, or membership in the upper echelons of society: He lost a congressional race in Texas by being smeared as an Eastern elitist.
    a person who believes in the superiority of an elitist class.

By that definition, if you are doing 40k DPS and not understanding mechanics you damn well have no reason to feel elite AT ALL, and when people bitch and moan about "elitists" they 9 times out of 10 are referring to people of good skill who try and tell other people how to improve.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Catharsius View Post
    He is right though Tryl. There's plenty of elitists who are clueless as well, perhaps due to insecurity. However. it's pretty easy to grow an elitist attitude when you are skilled in the game an play for a top guild as the mistake to do is to hold every other player against the standard of the players you happend to be able to play with - which for me is a plausible explenation to why my patience in lfr is close to nonexistant.
    I just don't see how you can be an elitist, without actualy being somewhat decent/good at the game.
    To me that just makes you a loudmouthed asshole

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Das View Post
    Then go raid Flex/Normals where you can control who you raid with? if you have 4 hours to waste you may aswell be doing something other than LFR.
    Not really the point. The point I am making is people need to stop being dbags in LFR, BGs, and other "Randomly joined" events. Not everyone will live up to an elitists expectations and they need to get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by lootinc View Post
    Rofl you have never tried to help anyone than, the other day I saw this mage using terrible gems for his spec, so I tell him: Hey, as Arcane you should gem this & those gems and you'll do alot better. He answered me & I quote: "STFU elite noob, I know how to play"
    If he didn't ask for help than you weren't being helpful you were just being a dick and pointing something out because he doesn't play his character the same way as you, in short your ego kicked in and you felt the need to flaunt it, essentially sticking your nose where it didn't belong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Yes, they're jerks for not wanting jerks to trash talk them in their raids. Seems legit.
    So you "do what they do" to get them to stop doing what they do? That is hypocrisy in action sir/madam.

Quote Originally Posted by Haizer View Post
    soooooooooo this.

^

They could right-click "ignore" and go about their business, but I guess that is too difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    I'd change that into remove carebear scrubs who cba about any decent level of performance from Raids and Battlegrounds

#nomorescrubs Lets trend it !!!
    Well, you are welcome to start your own thread with that, but if you try to hyjack this one, I'll have you removed.

http://www.darklegacycomics.com/408.html

Why did this thread remind me of this beautiful piece of internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    I second that.
    What i like about DOTA 2 and ist community is the fact that a lot of People do exactly this.
    If someone starts flaming, they tend to side with the Prey rather than with the flamer, and often you can read things like: "Stop flaming, either be helpful or go Play lol, where flaming is the base of every cnversation."
    I'm just sick of the "It's Blizzard's fault people are toxic" bullshit.

Contrary to popular belief, it's NOT Blizzard's job to babysit their playerbase.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)