Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    FFS, L2R

Elitist DOESN'T MEAN SKILLED PLAYER
    Yeah, it really does, I mean you have to be skilled in order to fall into an elite crowd, if you are doing 40k dps and constantly dying to fire you are not elite you are a bad.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Then who would carry the bg/raid? You'd just be left with 25 people healing in prot gear

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Not really the point. The point I am making is people need to stop being dbags in LFR, BGs, and other "Randomly joined" events. Not everyone will live up to an elitists expectations and they need to get over it.
    So instead of /ignoring them, you are trying to force everyone to behave in a way you find acceptable. Given the OP, that is pretty hypocritical.

In my opinion you can do whatever you with your time.
    To me, your whole "I can play the game as I want, even if it means we wipe alot" seems like a big waste of time.
    Instead you could spend an hour at most to actually get to know what the hell you are doing, and be done with that lfr faster next time you go.
    The less time you use on one thing, the more time you have to do other stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post
    When every other post he makes hints at the fact he hates people who play the game differently, it's hard to not assume he's using a certain definition. Just read his posts. Everything is about how the 5% is so bad. So the 5% are the elitists? Is that so? Where are the hardcore raiders then? Oh, I know. They're the 5%. The elitists are more like the other 50%, even though they have no right to act like it.

See, that's why you think carefully about who you're yelling at, before you start the yelling.
    I don't care how you play, I care how you treat people. If you're a dbag, you need to be removed. If you are helpful or fun, you are free to stay. There is enough negativity in the real world, I don't need it MAGNIFIED in a video game which I play casually to escape the real world for a few hours a day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    By that definition, if you are doing 40k DPS and not understanding mechanics you damn well have no reason to feel elite AT ALL, and when people bitch and moan about "elitists" they 9 times out of 10 are referring to people of good skill who try and tell other people how to improve.
    Self appointing yourself as an elitist does not mean you are skilled. A player can think they are skilled for insufficient reasons.

Deleted
    Yeah, it really does, I mean you have to be skilled in order to fall into an elite crowd, if you are doing 40k dps and constantly dying to fire you are not elite you are a bad.
    You're interpretation of the definition is warped

/ignore has been in the game for a long time. Just use it and shut up.

So I open General Discussions and see:

Auto-remove low dps from LFR Today, 03:17 PM
    Remove Elitists From Raids and Battlegrounds Today, 03:16 PM

Hehehe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnthal View Post
    If he didn't ask for help than you weren't being helpful you were just being a dick and pointing something out because he doesn't play his character the same way as you, in short your ego kicked in and you felt the need to flaunt it, essentially sticking your nose where it didn't belong.
    That is him trying to help the player be better and know how to gem. HELPING, not saying "I KNOW HOW TO GEM NEENER NEENER" to the poor fella while he is laying in mud scrambling with the wrong gems in his gear. This is why players don't help people, they try and get it thrown into their face. I personally only had it happen once, but have received mostly nice conversations all around.

Deleted
    plus auto-kick players who scream for others to be kicked and exclude the whole of Drak'Thul (EU) from LFR.... problem fixed.

Get rid of the casuals imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You're interpretation of the definition is warped
    Not really, anyone who thinks they are good at the game doing 40k dps and always dying isn't an elitist he is a moron, big difference......so maybe the OP should change the thread title to "Auto kick douche bags"
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Loading screen is elitist.

IT TOLD ME NOT TO STAND IN THE FIRE

Don't tell me how to play loading screen!
    Exactly!! You shouldn't have such HIGH SKILL EXPECTATIONS like not standing in fire, not wiping the group, not afking in dungeons/LFR, doing more dps than a tranquilized monkey.
    LET ME HAVE "FUN" dammit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Uhh, yes you should. The onus is on you to filter out what you don't want to hear.
    Which is precisely why having a "Hardcore" or "Casual" choice in the Queue window is a good idea. Would keep us from even having to interact and eliminate the need to clog up my ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    You couldn't be more wrong. The majority of them are in the very small percentage of players that participate in organized raiding, otherwise they wouldn't be whining all day every day about raid finder existing.
    The only thing I don't like about LFR existing is that early in the tier you might feel compelled to run it on your main to get tierbonuses/trinkets, this issue was kinda alleviated with the introduction of flex.

Other than that I think LFR is an ok tool for people who can't commit to schedules or for gearing up alts. And this is a sentiment shared by most of the heroic raiders.

Deleted
    Not the good players are those who flame.

And beside that, I bet you don't want good players leaving your raid. You just don't want it. You won't be able to kill a single lfr boss without them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    Which is precisely why having a "Hardcore" or "Casual" choice in the Queue window is a good idea. Would keep us from even having to interact and eliminate the need to clog up my ignore list.
    Why? Again, you people think it's the "hardcore" who do all the shit talking in LFR, take a look at your meters and who starts running their mouths, ESPECIALLY seeing as most "hardcores" don't TOUCH LFR if anything they do flex.

Deleted
    If someone's seriously underperforming or doing something very wrong in an LFR group that I'm in and it's greatly slowing us down or causing us to wipe I always speak up and ask them to try and step things up or try to explain how to improve. I start off asking politely like "Hey buddy, you do realise you're doing X wrong and you should be doing Y when the boss does Z" but if I'm then met with the alarmingly common response of "I can play however I want, I pay my 9 quid a month" or some variation of that, that's when I start asking the rest of the group to join me in having them kicked out. Does this make me an "elitist jerk"? Not in my opinion, no. You have to take into consideration when you join an LFR group that you will be playing with 24 other people who expect everyone to perform to a certain standard. Why should 24 people have to work extra hard to make up for someone who, frankly, can't be arsed putting in a bit of effort?

Asking people to play to a certain level (I'm hardly asking for high numbers, I just like to see people at least pressing buttons and not standing in bad stuff) isn't elitist, it's asking them to fulfill their obligation to the rest of the group that they signed up for, the obligation to at least fucking try.

Deleted
    Not really, anyone who thinks they are good at the game doing 40k dps and always dying isn't an elitist he is a moron, big difference......so maybe the OP should change the thread title to "Auto kick douche bags"
    That's what an elitist is! Somebody who believes themselves better than others