Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post
    Yet AGAIN you make the assumption that casual players are innocent lambs who never do no harm.

It's so ass-backwards with respect to reality.

Get it into your head; most of the people crying and screaming and acting, per your definition, like elitists, ARE THE CASUAL PLAYERS.

The hardcore players just kill shit and keep quiet.
    Exactly. People by now should realize that being a casual and having an elitism attitude is not mutually exclusive. On the contrary, one quite often comes with the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to yell at anyone in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the profanity or masked profanity based on certain insults and remove the elitist from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the urge to bad mouth or belittle his team.

In the end, it is just a game. It should not matter that those of us who might prefer LFR don't do 150K in DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe. Shit happens. So the elitists either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play our game our way. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs while the majority of us casuals enjoy our game at our own pace.

#NoMoreElitists
    YES YES!!!!! Gather the masses of unwashed and diseased scrubs. Gather your banner and remove any player with an ounce of skill and the backbone to express their desire that others do to.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    What about the second person who yells profanity? They obviously get kick protection, right? :P

So, I've taken the last 10 minutes or so to read over 99% of this thread.
    I think the OP is the true definition of "elitist" that he is trying to ban out of his raids/BGs.
    Yes, it is your time, your money, you can do with and feel entitled to having everything you want because you pay for it. But the same goes of the opposition, their money, their time, they can feel entitled to having everything they want because they ALSO pay for it.
    It is, without a shred of doubt, ELITIST to want to ban or kick ANYONE for ANYTHING you don't like. You might be a king wanting to play with other kings. You might be a fucking moron wanting to play with fucking morons or anything in between. But trying to exclude anyone from any of the activities, because your don't want to deal with them, is elitist to the fullest extent.

15+ Year Old Account
    You're also not trying to control elitism. You're trying to prevent assholism. I know that I'm a better player than most, not because of some intrinsic value I have, but because I am quite involved in the game and make it a point to try and be the best I can. Not everyone plays that way, which is understandable, but there is a baseline performance expected when you enter into certain content. And of course you're doing exactly what they're doing, which is forgetting that there are people on the other side of that screen. You don't get to play the game your way when you are relying on 24 other people and they are relying on you. If you want to play an intellect hunter with a melee weapon, do it on your own time.

That's what people don't understand when they come to LFR without having ever understood that raiding is about teamwork, not about yourself.

Oh and by the way, it's almost never "elitists" who mouth off and shit talk in my LFRs. Nine times out of ten it's the DK with an agi polearm sitting under the disc priest in DPS and is the first one to die every pull, trying to armchair coach the rest of the raid from the floor. The "elitists" aka the top 3 dps who do as much as the next 6 put together, generally roll in, silently put out buff food, summon healthstones, sit ready and waiting, hit yes for every ready check, don't fail mechanics, and most of the time make up for the abysmmal performance of selfish ignoramuses and the enablers that tell them "it's okay, it's just a game."

You're welcome for your loot, slackers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm . . . an artificially intelligent bot that autokicks assholes from the group . . . I wish.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Woah, we got a badass over here! This guys seriously hardcore. He moved onto FLEX!

For real though, that's what's bad about "elitists" is that they're usually not actually good at the game, they just pretend to be by putting others down. Case in point: the guy who thinks he's pro for moving onto flex.

Lmao
    I meant for the day we used to do LFR. You do know you can raid more than one type of thing, right?

Anyway, instead of not having set bonuses and all that crap, we used to take 10 or so people to LFR. Now we grab some people from another guild and hit flex for it. More for Valor Points and DPS epeen points than gear at this stage. Those LFR groups aren't getting boosts any more, and many other guilds are doing the same thing.

If you want to be crap and get carried through LFR, then fair enough. But when all that's left are people doing the same thing, just how far are you going to get?

Deleted
    While this is a great idea, I don't think it should be implemented. If we'd start removing elitists from battlegrounds or raids that would leave us with near empty battlegrounds and raids.

Just ignore them, that's really the best thing to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    What will they do? Invent new words to insult with? Do you live in a world where technology cannot be updated? Is adding a word to a list of words for the next hotpatch deployment that hard?
    NEver been insulted with sarcasm I guess? Your post is really the most intelligent thing I read all day

Quote Originally Posted by Annarion View Post
    You're also not trying to control elitism. You're trying to prevent assholism. I know that I'm a better player than most, not because of some intrinsic value I have, but because I am quite involved in the game and make it a point to try and be the best I can. Not everyone plays that way, which is understandable, but there is a baseline performance expected when you enter into certain content. And of course you're doing exactly what they're doing, which is forgetting that there are people on the other side of that screen. You don't get to play the game your way when you are relying on 24 other people and they are relying on you. If you want to play an intellect hunter with a melee weapon, do it on your own time.

That's what people don't understand when they come to LFR without having ever understood that raiding is about teamwork, not about yourself.

Oh and by the way, it's almost never "elitists" who mouth off and shit talk in my LFRs. Nine times out of ten it's the DK with an agi polearm sitting under the disc priest in DPS and is the first one to die every pull, trying to armchair coach the rest of the raid from the floor. The "elitists" aka the top 3 dps who do as much as the next 6 put together, generally roll in, silently put out buff food, summon healthstones, sit ready and waiting, hit yes for every ready check, don't fail mechanics, and most of the time make up for the abysmmal performance of selfish ignoramuses and the enablers that tell them "it's okay, it's just a game."

You're welcome for your loot, slackers.
    Nail on the head.

I think I might be a dungeon elitist levleing a tank atm and I yell at people for having taunt on their pets, warriors taunting for no reason, people not running etc. I do ask nicely first. Then the language gets a bit more ... creative.

Then again, if this little tank of mine ever reaches 90, I'm not sure I'd want to do LFR Why? I'm just a little caster in mostly pvp gear, and I have no notion of tactics, I mostly just dps boss/adds and move from bad stuff. Well... I've learned Downfall since the first time I went there, but I have no clue about tanking tactics, and people get so violent over tanks fucking up. I don't want someone like me to yell at me I have issues.

Also tell people to stfu in BGs.

BUT sometimes you do need people with a bit of a clue and the ability to speak up and call other people out on their mistakes, so I think I'm against OP's idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Das View Post
    You don't want to remove elitists, you want to remove dumbasses, big difference.
    "dumbasses" are either just lazy, and trying to get their quick honor/vp before they log for the nite, but are usually willing to learn from their mistakes, and better themselves.
    "elitists" think they are gods gift to the game, and will ruin the environment by belittling or qq'ing about how bad everyone is but themselves. and will never learn from their mistakes and better themselves.

you are absoluetely correct, and the OP is all about getting rid of the ones that absolutely need to be removed.

i will make no speculation about which of the two your post makes you sound, as it could honestly be taken either way.
    Last edited by Bad Ashe; 2013-12-05 at 05:51 PM.

Elitists are the lowest form of scum.

They have to belittle others to make themselves feel good.

The less of the douches the better the community

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stuffandthings View Post
    Not to point out the extreme obvious here but why is it that the only people who seemingly want to get rid of "elitists" are the ones who never actually take the time to enchant, or gem their gear..or even learn how to play properly. It seems to me that they haven't actually considered that they are a hinderance to all of the players they queue into, casuals and elitists and any other branding of player you can think of. Everybody wants to have fun in this game, usually having fun for MOST of the player population is winning, whether it be killing bosses or killing other players everybody wants to win. When you don't take the time or effort to learn your class put any effort into your gear it makes other players resent you which incurs a negative attitude towards you because you're not putting in any effort at all.

Case and point - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...erman/advanced
    I have gotten to the point where I do not consider the person that does 20k or does not gem or enchant there gear as being the hinderance to completing a wing in the LFR, it the person that decides bitch and complain as well as they think by belittling someone they are actually going to care about them or how they should be told to play the game. Just because you or I chose to look up fights, gem and enchant our gear, and learn to play our class does not mean everyone has that same level of dedication to the game. This person you linked here has not really done anything on this character or it seems any other character for that matter given the amount of achievements is has. This Superman toon has not been in any LFR content even back to DS, this is hardly a very good example to actually link to make an example of.

I actually have more resent to the people that like to belittle or be rude to someone for being bad, then the person that is actually being bad. At they are not being in anyway disruptive of my ability to complete a wing or a boss in the LFR. You and people like you are the reason a lot of people do not care how well they do, because you are always going to find something to bitch at them about.

I remember very well how I was treated when I first started playing this game. I started playing because a friend at work gave me a free wow pass they had. I had no idea what I was doing, I just leveled a hunter to max at that point it was 60. I knew nothing about gemming and enchanting, or stats or how to fight boss fights in dungeons. The friend put me in there guild, one day I happened to run a dungeon with the guild leader, he was such an ass. He treated me like I been playing the game for years not days or even months (actually it had been about 2 months). He chose to be an ass and I never forgot that, I left the dungeon and the guild that very instant. Since then I took it upon myself to make myself better. I also decided to pass on what I had learned to others without being an ass, to help them in anyway possible. I have been playing more than 8 years now, I find it so reward to help other find there way when other just like to treat them like shit.

I can see why people that start to play this game leave in droves, many just don't feel the need to be treated like dirt by a very toxic community that has only themselves to blame for why people continue to leave the game. I lost a lot of very good friends back in wrath that play this game better than I could ever imagine doing, many were hardcore raiders. I enjoyed playing with all of them because they new I was not as good as they were, but they chose to help me to become better over time. Sure I got carry through some stuff at first, but I became very good at being aware of my surrounding in both raids and dungeons, even battleground too. I got so good at it that I was able to point out things that caused the wipe or could of made the encounter better for the next time.

I am still not very good, but I try very hard and do an extensive amount of reading and watch encounters on youtube. What I lack in dps, I make up for by knowing what the hell I am doing. I die very little, and I am very hard on myself when I do or screw up. I never top a recount cart, but I enjoy raiding with the best them in a guild full of friends. I wish I could find a guild of friends like back in wrath that just really like the game more than worry about topping the charts all the time. We were always friends first and raider second, but we always cleared the content when it was current.

Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post

You don't think it's a scummy thing to call other human beings lowest form of scum? Sounding a little bit like an elitist yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    You sound kinda like an elitist casual seeing that you want to kick and remove anybody that isnt enjoying the game YOU think should be enjoyed.Get over yourself OP.
    Here come the Irish.

Your problem isn't with elitists, it's assholes. Most elitists won't even set foot in an LFR or BG (that isn't pre-made).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sethman75 View Post

So you are telling me that the only way people ruin others time is by saying they are bad? I would rather have someone call me bad and l2p than being called homophobic and racist slurs which I see day in and day out in trade/lfd/lfr.....but hey blame the "elitists" and keep pretending that casuals aren't assholes too.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted
    so basicly you wanne remove people who prob do alot of dps/healing and do tactics because you are to low on DPS/healing or just die first second?? brilliant idea. the elitish are annoying idd, but when i had to chose between a scrub dpser or healer and elitish dude.. i'd rather avoid wipefests.. wich are really annoying in SoO raid.

and i assume you mean elitish assholes? cos elitish and assholes/douchebags are 2 different things.

if your idea ever got implemented in WoW.. you would be destroying your own game imo
    Last edited by mmocb68422e420; 2013-12-05 at 06:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't usually say anything in LFRs, unless something is going terribly wrong...say, I'm healing and we die due to a lack of heals and I look at my meter and find a healer is doing an abysmally low number. If it's apparent we're not going to kill the boss with that person there, yes, I will say something.

I can agree with you that I dislike it when people make elitist statements when they're not necessary, but these days I've found more people in LFR that will refuse to kick the underperforming person unless it's absolutely necessary than I have elitists or people who will go along with them.

I had a prime example yesterday...was doing first wing of SoO LFR and we'd finished two bosses just fine when the tank says something about two dps doing less than 30k each and that we should boot them. No one made any motion to kick or agreed with him at all, until the holy paladin pipes up with "I hate it when people do that". Normally I would agree with him but in this situation, I don't know, maybe I was having a bad day, I just couldn't let it sit that he decided to say something when he was underperforming horribly as a healer. Seventh on healing, doing less healing than the DK tank on Fallen Protectors. So I asked him if he hated it when the tank does more healing than he does on a boss too.

I really didn't mean to start up the giant shit storm that followed...him claiming that his shield/weapon were the reason he was doing so badly, people inspecting him and wondering how he even got in there with the gear he had on, me speculating how it was possible that he could be doing so badly when I myself had hit 90 just three days prior and was placing between 1-3 on the healing meters against other healers with much better gear on (I was told it was because I was a resto druid). In the end, the best geared healer in the raid got so irritated with the fact that people wouldn't kick the paladin that he purposely tried killing the guy by dispelling effects off him that in turn ended up killing him, and refusing to heal the final boss to prove that his passive healing talent alone could outheal the paladin.

Personally, I don't consider myself an elitist jerk for doing what I did, but I do believe that sometimes these kinds of things do need to be pointed out. If it's obvious someone is trying, that's one thing...but otherwise people might be wasting their time wiping because some guy decided to go AFK and auto attack and not do his job while expecting to be carried to get his gear, simply because people didn't want to call him on it for fear of looking "elitist".