Page 1 of 67
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Be Blunt, But Don't Be A Douche

Quote Originally Posted by Migrin View Post
    Chill guys. You are wasting your nerves on something that isn't wort it. This is an MMORPG where you are playing in a world with other people. Some of those people you'll get along with and with some you won't. Try to stick with the first kind as much as you can.

For me personally its is okay to go into LFR without being fully enchanted and gemmed because at the end, the dungeon does not require it. It was designed to allow for bad playing, suboptimal gearing and talent choice. But I think it is just disrespectful to not take your 15 minutes of time to read a guide on your spec and a basic break down of encounters in the upcoming instance. At least whisper one of your colleagues if you have no clue what's going to happen in the next fight. You are spending the next half an hour of your life with a group of people and I think they deserve that amount of respect.

We are a community with an incredibly diverse player base. As long as you are not hindering other people having fun, you should be allowed to play the game the way you want. But always keep in mind that you are interacting with real people. Don't throw away your manners just because there is a screen and a keyboard in between.

If someone is calling you names you can either initiate a vote kick or just ignore them. Don't join the down words spiral of rent. We are all part of this community. Everybody has the possibility to make it a better one by just being tolerant and respectful.

Have a great day
    This is PERFECT! I am replacing my OP since this person gets it and has obviously conveyed it in a better format. Kudos to you!
    Last edited by -Superman-; 2013-12-06 at 06:20 PM.

I support this notion.

Or you could just ignore them. Either filter it mentally or click the ignore option. Excluding people from something just because you don't agree with their views seems a little "elitist" to me. If it's so unbearable, make enough friends that you can raid or pvp with them instead of randoms.

You don't want to remove elitists, you want to remove dumbasses, big difference.

Sometimes you gotta kick some people right in the feels to make the bosses die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Das View Post
    You don't want to remove elitists, you want to remove dumbasses, big difference.
    Oh really?

Now this is an idea I can get behind

It does seem that people are more inclined to start yelling/cussing when something goes wrong instead of acting like rational people and taking a moment to reflect on what went wrong, and how it can be fixed (without pointing fingers/accusations e.g. "Heals sucks kick them")

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destructinator View Post
    Or you could just ignore them. Either filter it mentally or click the ignore option. Excluding people from something just because you don't agree with their views seems a little "elitist" to me. If it's so unbearable, make enough friends that you can raid or pvp with them instead of randoms.
    Why should the 95% majority of casuals have to tolerate the 5% of elitists? Maybe they should change queues to be "Hardcore" or "Casual". Then we can filter them as soon as they join the LF(whatever).

Deleted
    There's an ignore button for that very reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind "dumbasses". Sometimes they are just casuals labeled as a dumbass by an elitist. It is the elitist I would rather see removed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    There's an ignore button for that very reason.
    I shouldn't have to ignore them. They should yank their elitist head out of their elitist ass and not be an elitist jerk

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally a thread I agree with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    #NoMoreElitists

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Finally a thread I agree with.
    Glad I could oblige

So, I thought I would toss out an idea, since the front page seems to be littered with ideas of the same level of merit. I would love to have the system auto-kick the first person to gets defensive about his own misstakes in a BG, LFR, Flex, or Heroic. The system would see the excuses or masked blaming based on certain excuses and remove the burden from the run and allow everyone else to enjoy their game. This could be any douche in the group who feels the rest of the team should make up for his lack of effort or belittle his team thinking they are his servants.

In the end, it is just a game. It should matter that those of us who might prefer LFR should get members that puts some effort into their DPS, or those like myself who tank might miss a step and wipe and don't feel the need to make up an excuse or get extremly butthurt over being corrected. Shit happens. So the burdens either need to get the fuck over it, or not run LFR with strangers. Group with your friends and let the rest of us play the game without having to try to make up for your lack of basic effort. Since we are obviously bothering you, YOU need to look elsewhere for your runs, because you should not be expected to be carried by everyone else, while the majority of us enjoy our game at reasonable pace.

"Elitists" will leave by themselves with so many "dumbasses" and leechers. After that you can ask for more nerfs .

and griefers too. they should be removed from real life as well.

Deleted
    that would be very hard to implement, blizzard DO need to do something against toxic players however.

Just an idea I thought of, they could implement a hotkey that when pressed while a player is targetted, reports them for foul language aimed at players.
    Game masters could check the message history of these offenders and take appropriate action, for example if said reported players chat history is mostly foul language aimed at others, blizzard could ban them for a week on the grounds of persistent offensive behaviour.

What do you define as an elitist though? if it's just someone that yells at people in LFR because they're bad, then fine, i agree. On the other hand, i consider myself somewhat of an elitist, i hate seeing bad, if you're going to do LFR/Flex/Normal atleast have the brains to look up a guide before hand, but i also like to HELP people when i see they're bad, mainly other tanks (because i do that as my MS).

I agree elitist a are not the ones bad mouthing, most of the times you don't see the truly high Dps or healers do that but the idiots that die due to not knowing a mechanic and just want to be carried being the bad mouth in any of those.

Now a question:

I have two simple rules when I'm doing a group event:
    When I'm healing and you pull as a Dps before the tank pulls, that means you can take care off yourself and don't need healing
    When I'm tanking: you pull it, you tank it.

Exception, when it's accidental that it happens, nothing will happen to you

Am I now elitist for doing that? Or am I just playing a game that is social?

Not sure how big the difference is to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keske View Post
    --- Snipped for inaccuracy---
    Cute but wrong.