Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    If someone sucks, you kick them. If they are undergeared gemmed, kick them. If they continue to wipe the group on purpose or for lack of trying, kick them. Be a man and use the kick feature. There is no excuse for people getting wildly pissed off and telling someone to uninstall and go kill them-self. It's people like you who are part of the problem. Whether you are an elitist or not, I cannot say. But being an asshole in a group rather than just removing the baddie definitely makes you part of the problem... not the solution. Next time be a man, be constructive, or vote kick him.
    Then make your play better. I haven't told anyone to kill themselves. I feel that the problem revolves around people who want to cry about being bad and then call me an elitist. Really?!?!? It's funny also how that's the part of my post you chose. But it's ok. Telling me to be a man and be constructive or vote kick him is a good way to pass the buck to me because of your bad play. Enjoying the game means having equal pull from all members. Not crying, PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO PLAY I CAN'T SEE CIRCLES ON THE GROUND AND DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

And just in passing, how would you play this game in times gone by? You do know those circles were not on the ground at one time, you had to download an addon for that. Thanks bads, one less addon.
    Last edited by H311DOZER; 2013-12-05 at 09:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    This post needs to be read over and over again until all the casual whiners get it.

I'm not even close to a hardcore player anymore, my guild only just recently killed garrosh on reg. We raid a couple nights a week, nothing serious. I have my legendary cloak, I'm geared to something like 563 now. It isn't hard. THAT is the frustrating part, the game is SO damn easy, how can you possibly suck so terribly badly with something this easy??
    Your guild just killed reg garrosh.... I'm guessing that means without you, if this game were so incredibly easy don't you think you would have killed garrosh heroic by now? Just remember with that attitude that to others you are the casual baddie.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    But then what is wrong with the other thread suggesting an autokick for the worst of the worst players?
    Who is the one the deems someone to actually be the worst player, are you the one that wants to cast that first stone. I worry about myself, I am not there to make someone do more than they are capable of doing on their own. If a suggestion is made to them, the decide not to take or refute what you have to say to them, you should not keep harping on them, (like I see many do in the LFR weekly) Just let it go move on with your life.

If someone sucks, you kick them. If they are undergeared gemmed, kick them. If they continue to wipe the group on purpose or for lack of trying, kick them. Be a man and use the kick feature. There is no excuse for people getting wildly pissed off and telling someone to uninstall and go kill them-self. It's people like you who are part of the problem. Whether you are an elitist or not, I cannot say. But being an asshole in a group rather than just removing the baddie definitely makes you part of the problem... not the solution. Next time be a man, be constructive, or vote kick him.
    Those two should just be instant account deletion.
    A friend was told to uninstall wow by some random dude because "that cow looks stupid".... it was a tauren, they dont look too smart!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    All I can say, is thank GOD for Oqueue and here is hoping that the ion game version blizz is implementing will be equally or more effective. If it is, I forsee LFR collapsing into a complete clusterfuck of screaming whiners while everyone else who has any capacity to work together in a group do so with the easy grouping offered by the new system.
    Neither Oqueue or Blizzards implementation will be good without feedback. And I mean real feedback. Not a couple decaying +s and -s. Openraid had the feedback right, but that much data just cannot be stored on the game without it being very taxing on the server.

There needs to be a way to say that player XYZ cannot dps for shit, failed at mechanics, is a god-like healer, doesn't know how to taunt, was a great leader, can explain fights, and took that mount as ML.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythricia View Post
    I don't really know how you're defining "Elitists" here, maybe you should make a definition before ranting about it.

You seem to mean, by "Elitist" - you mean good players, geared players, hardcore players.
    I'll let you go back and re-read the OP. I had to add the definition since most people quote elitist wrong.

Elite - top of their game
    Elitist - someone who thinks they're better than all the rest

I simplified for the sake of reading.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    derrogatory homosexual label do you need to be a SJW about everything? Christ.

The thing you keep ignoring is that people rarely walk into a BG and LFR and immediately target somebody for insults. Im sure it happens, but rarely. What usually happens is that somebody does something to get themselves targeted. Dying, over and over, being way behind on DPS. Not being prepared. Not communicating in a BG. These are reasons why people get angry. Fix these and most of the anger goes away. If 25 normal mode raiders from all across WoW were in one LFR there would be a bit of epeen stroking, but no outright insulting. Because either way, each person is still working.

I've seen heroic raiders poke fun at other heroic raiders. Its not outright insulting. It is when somebody is actually screwing up that people insult. The insults are more frequent because the community has stopped regular criticism of those who screw up. Now it is a hugbox, and those who don't want to hug people who cannot take 3 minutes to read the dungeon journal and die early on are labeled as elitist. Generally they get fed up and have gone from criticism to just insults. If the community had ANY player accountablitiy anymore, many of these players would stop being so angry.

Going day after day seeing people autoattacking raid bosses and nothing being done, even after you mention it in a neutral tone "Superman is just autoattacking kick him", people will eventually get tired of it. Eventaully they get to "f*cking f*ck superman you stupid shitter go f*cking uninstall", its human nature. Its clear every time you call people asshats, teenagers, etc. You are fed up with the player type who behaves in a particular way, and as nothing has changed, you get more heated about it.

- - - Updated - - -

20k means you are not trying. Simple as that. If I am trying and you arent why the hell should I have any respect for you?
    These people that do 20k are not looking for respect

Alternately, you could learn to play a little better. Nobody expects you to do 300k dps in LFR, but if you're afk with somebody on auto-follow doing 0 dps, or if you just autoattack your way to 200k total damage before you stand in a bomb and kill half the healers, the guy who calls you out on it is NOT the problem.

Did he ask the paladin to uninstall his game and go hang himself because he was a worthless scrub noob? If he did, then YES. If he simply called the person out for low HPS or DPS, then no. I am guessing he was not a fucking douche about it.
    I did SoO LFR on 4 chars. I seriously did not ever see this kind of behavior. Warlocks and DKS doing 40k dps I did see however, quite often. Do you find my statement elitist? You should not. It really should be common sense with the gear available at the moment to do more dmg than that (40k was ok in 463 blues...)

The thing you keep ignoring is that people rarely walk into a BG and LFR and immediately target somebody for insults. Im sure it happens, but rarely. What usually happens is that somebody does something to get themselves targeted. Dying, over and over, being way behind on DPS. Not being prepared. Not communicating in a BG. These are reasons why people get angry. Fix these and most of the anger goes away. If 25 normal mode raiders from all across WoW were in one LFR there would be a bit of epeen stroking, but no outright insulting. Because either way, each person is still working.
    If someone in your group is dying over and over or way behind on DPS or not prepared explain it to the group. Make your case calmly. Ask that the person explain their behavior or be removed. Vote them out.

These are the ways to deal with the problems you describe, not the cursing, ranting, and the anger. Maybe you didn't read the OP's original post.
    You can achieve all of your goals without making the environment miserable for everyone around you. If not, *you* should get out, and I would support the game booting anyone who acts like that.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

That doesn't make it right. Criticize, offer constructive advice, or kick them. You are obviously a part of the problem. Berating and belittling people does nothing more than make you look like an asshole and a bully. Not sure why people don't see this. Maybe because most bullies don't see it as "that big a deal".
    Its not because they don't see it as "that big a deal"
    Explanation:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Remove Casuals from Raids. Why should my experience be ruined because Joe Scrub cannot move out of fire for the fifth attempt in LFR? I will yell and curse and he deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigger

Doesn't look anything like OP
    oh god

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgosh View Post
    Alternately, you could learn to play a little better. Nobody expects you to do 300k dps in LFR, but if you're afk with somebody on auto-follow doing 0 dps, or if you just autoattack your way to 200k total damage before you stand in a bomb and kill half the healers, the guy who calls you out on it is NOT the problem.
    For those who aren't actually paying attention to the thread, the problem is not calling out people who underperform but they way they do it.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by Destructinator View Post
    Or you could just ignore them. Either filter it mentally or click the ignore option. Excluding people from something just because you don't agree with their views seems a little "elitist" to me. If it's so unbearable, make enough friends that you can raid or pvp with them instead of randoms.
    Much as i agree with the initial idea of removing those who act elitist, I feel such a system would be abused/too strict, same for the remove-low-dps thread/idea, and the idea of removing tanks in LFR would make it harder for tanks to gain experience/gear, and deprive them of fun; therefore I just continue with my usual approach of not kicking anyone for attitude or competence unless we actually encounter problems, be that wipes, or too many kicked, and that works for most places?
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

Unfortunately if each LFR didn't have a couple "elitists" they would never get done. You should be happy someone is carrying you even though they bitch, moan, and belittle you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Its not because they don't see it as "that big a deal"
    Explanation:
    This pretty much hits the nail on the head.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    A real elitist will out dps everyone by 300% and explain the boss if nobody else does.
    Sure.

He has a point though, what in this thread is called an elitist is really more of a frustrated player, who happens to think highly of himself.

Somewhat on topic, I don't care about the performance of others, as long as they are not underperforming in a regular raid group of mine without improvement in sight. Mostly because they lack the will to do so or are overconfident regarding their abilities. Even then, it depends on the type of content I am doing.

And finally, a dead boss is a dead boss to me.
    Last edited by mmoc1964f43c28; 2013-12-05 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But, then who's going to remind me that I'm a nice person whose not an asshole?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by badzerath View Post
    You just explained how another cog in the azeroth welfare state functions in destroying the community.

new players not getting better.
    This game has been going down hill for at least 2 xpacs, I gave up caring what some else does long ago. I try to do the best I can with the skills I have on all my characters. I try very hard to help others that actually want help not the people that just want something for nothing in return. I give my time, mats, whatever I have to make at one persons time a more enjoyable event or experience. I don't site here and berate people even if I have the power to do so, one I am to old for that and two my parents did not raise me to be that way. So yea, I got the point in this game where I worry about what I do, because in the end I am only responsible for myself and my action in this game.