Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Random thought, its mentioned that the casuals are the majority implying that they control/dominate the game. Would that not make them the elitists by definition?

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Who is targete by the players in question besides bad players? You did something to get them upset. Maybe you should look more the source of the problem. People don't get mad when everybody in a group is doing well.

It isn't very civil to not take the time to gem, enchant, open the spell book for your rotation and the dungeon journal for mechanics. It isn't civil to slack in group content. If everybody took the approach that some players, generally the one who get called out, take, then LFR would never finish. If nobody in the group genmed, enchanted, knew their class or the encounter then LFR groups would never be successful. Others are doing more work because you are slacking, and you don't deserve respect after you disrespect others. If you zone in I'm not going to be mad.
    I don't disagree. But if no one ever took the moral high ground and was the better man we'd all still be bashing each other's heads in with clubs.

I'm looking to the better players to not only be the skilled people in the group, but to offer civil assistance to those that need it. There will be instances of attempting to help lazy or ungrateful people, and they should be removed when found to be holding the group back and unwilling/unable to change for the better. But there is absolutely no need to rant and rave at people, even after attempting to help them and getting it spat back in your face. Just continue to be the better person and calmly suggest the LFR group would be more inclined to succeed if this person wasn't a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    People who think they are better than others are usually jerks.
    "usually" meaning the majority, so at least 51%. Prove it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Heh, sounds like a good cop out for getting by in LFR.

"You guys should kill yourselves."

"the fuck bro?!"

"Oh, I was just making a broad statement, if you take it as an insult, do so at your own peril."

Also, it's the job of the communicator to communicate one's message correctly to one's audience, not the audience's job to "interpret" what you're "really trying to say."

Just a tip

Well then, allow me to clarify:

People who read and understood the OP, whether they agreed with it or not have critical thinking. Those people who interpreted it how they saw fit without using the proper context, no critical thinking.

Well then, allow me to clarify:

People who read and understood the OP, whether they agreed with it or not have critical thinking. Those people who interpreted it how they saw fit without using the proper context, no critical thinking.
    Maybe you didn't have the critical thinking skills to realize that people would interpret it incorrectly and should therefore reword it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    There is nothing wrong in beliving that if someone is undeniably better in doing X thing.

It's different when someone belives to be a special guy and everyone around him should just be pleased in the possibility of sucking his cock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Oh, that mantra.

That's why I've excelled in every position I've ever held in the job market since my first management position at 19. Because mantras like this. While everyone else is complaining about things, I'm working my ass off and succeeding. Interviewed for my first job when I got out of college, and I told the guy that I planned to take his job in a very short amount of time. And I did. And then I took 3 other people's jobs until I was running the place. Because I think I'm better than others? No. Because I work harder than others and don't come up with silly mantras to make myself feel better about being mediocre. And this is something that I do in every part of my life, even in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coraulten View Post
    "usually" meaning the majority, so at least 51%. Prove it.
    Famous elitists:

Adolf Hitler
    Napolean Bonaparte
    Osama Bin Laden

Famous Elites:

Steve Jobs - Ironically also a jerk
    Mark Zuckerberg
    Tony Hawk

I'm sure we could spend all day on the topic, but I have things to do. Feel free to google "elitists" and "elite" and make your own list.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, that mantra.

That's why I've excelled in every position I've ever held in the job market since my first management position at 19. Because mantras like this. While everyone else is complaining about things, I'm working my ass off and succeeding. Interviewed for my first job when I got out of college, and I told the guy that I planned to take his job in a very short amount of time. And I did. And then I took 3 other people's jobs until I was running the place. Because I think I'm better than others? No. Because I work harder than others and don't come up with silly mantras to make myself feel better about being mediocre. And this is something that I do in every part of my life, even in game.
    Having the desire and determination doesn't make you a jerk. Telling someone to their face you will take their job and then bragging about it to others on a public forum actually makes you one

Famous elitists:

Adolf Hitler
    Napolean Bonaparte
    Osama Bin Laden

Famous Elites:

Steve Jobs - Ironically also a jerk
    Mark Zuckerberg
    Tony Hawk

I'm sure we could spend all day on the topic, but I have things to do. Feel free to google "elitists" and "elite" and make your own list.
    Oh thanks, i didn't realize there were only 6 people in the history of the planet that thought they were better than other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you didn't have the critical thinking skills to realize that people would interpret it incorrectly and should therefore reword it?
    How does rewording someone give someone critical thinking skills? I can lead a horse to water all day long, but it is not my fault if he drowns instead of drinks.

Having the desire and determination doesn't make you a jerk. Telling someone to their face you will take their job and then bragging about it to others on a public forum actually makes you one
    So be it I did his job better than he did. His failure falls on his head at that point =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh thanks, i didn't realize there were only 6 people in the history of the planet that thought they were better than other people.
    No problem. Google is your friend. I just don't have all day to list people in a forum.

- - - Updated - - -

So be it I did his job better than he did. His failure falls on his head at that point =/
    I do not disagree with that statement. If he failed, it was on him.

15+ Year Old Account

So the solution you came up with is having them not do the runs you do....and the origional problem was them saying/ pointing out your bad and should not be in the run... do you not see the irony?

No problem. Google is your friend. I just don't have all day to list people in a forum.

If you don't want to prove something then don't make the claim. Its not my job to prove your claim for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odina View Post
    So the solution you came up with is having them not do the runs you do....and the origional problem was them saying/ pointing out your bad and should not be in the run... do you not see the irony?
    The irony is in your failure to follow the thread. I don't care if someone gets called out. I care about HOW they are called out.

Im reading more and more crazy suggestions everyday here now. So im just gonna put in the only fix available for this game. Make it singleplayer. Problem solved

I love all these "elitist" hate threads. Yes, people can be jerks, but this works both ways. Try making twice the effort and wiping multiple times so some lazy jerk can watch tv and get free loot while you carry their load of the dps, and that of five other people as well. It gets taken too far sometimes, no doubt, but you're right this IS a game, and some people ruin it for others by showing up and taking up space and expecting to be carried and do nothing at all but get the same reward, and that builds up a certain level of resentment towards "bad players". I can respect and understand moving at your own pace, that's fine, and the people who yell at someone who are genuinely trying ARE jerks, but no more than the afk and auto attack crowd.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't want to prove something then don't make the claim. Its not my job to prove your claim for you.
    Never asked you to. I provided you with a sample, not a comprehensive breakdown throughout all of recorded history. Have a nice day.

Never asked you to. I provided you with a sample, not a comprehensive breakdown throughout all of recorded history. Have a nice day.
    have a nice read https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haplo17 View Post
    I love all these "elitist" hate threads. Yes, people can be jerks, but this works both ways. Try making twice the effort and wiping multiple times so some lazy jerk can watch tv and get free loot while you carry their load of the dps, and that of five other people as well. It gets taken too far sometimes, no doubt, but you're right this IS a game, and some people ruin it for others by showing up and taking up space and expecting to be carried and do nothing at all but get the same reward, and that builds up a certain level of resentment towards "bad players". I can respect and understand moving at your own pace, that's fine, and the people who yell at someone who are genuinely trying ARE jerks, but no more than the afk and auto attack crowd.
    Then they should be warned and kicked... by people acting like adults. It is just a game. There is no need to escalate to extreme anger. Just vote kick them and be done with it. I neither support their right to suck, nor the asshole's right to blow his top because of a short fuse.