Quote Originally Posted by DCT1080 View Post
    What makes you so special that you feel you ought not have to spend time improving your character like everyone else?
    I am not a raider and am not in competition with anyone, including myself. I farm, play the AH, level profs, level alts, do pet battles, craft stuff, just about anything I like. I love the Timeless Isle. It is a loot pinata. I can finally get some better than crafted gear without having to grind through dailies. Not that I use the gear for anything more than running Heroic 5 mans to help guildies, or help earn gold for the guild by doing guild runs, but it is my prerogative how to spend time in the game and I am glad there is some easy gear out there to obtain. That was my main point on the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Keep moving the line around. If 99k is okay why isn't 98? An of that was why not 97? Why is one thing "close enough" when anothe is not?
    Then you tell me... what is Good dps and what is scrub dps? I'm not one for being kited in conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I am not a raider and am not in competition with anyone, including myself. I farm, play the AH, level profs, level alts, do pet battles, craft stuff, just about anything I like. I love the Timeless Isle. It is a loot pinata. I can finally get some better than crafted gear without having to grind through dailies. Not that I use the gear for anything more than running Heroic 5 mans to help guildies, or help earn gold for the guild by doing guild runs, but it is my prerogative how to spend time in the game and I am glad there is some easy gear out there to obtain. That was my main point on the issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you tell me... what is Good dps and what is scrub dps? I'm not one for being kited in conversations.
    I've given my definition before.

You are bad if:

Assuming everybody in the raid group played at your skill level, the group would be not be capable of downing the current difficulty of raid you are in.

So bad for heroic may be more than fine for flex. DPS varies of course my gear, but for LFR it is fine to assume 496 (for siege). Of course if you are at 540 ilvl and only doing like 110k, you would probably be around 60k at 496 so you would be bad.

I don't agree with this.

You make the claim that everyone has the right to play the game because they all paid for it, yet you try to remove a certain player base because you simply don't like the words that they say? Sure "elitists" can be pretty annoying, but so are people who put themselves in a situation where a group of people have to rely on you to contribute and you under perform. When you do solo content then sure nobody has the right to tell you what to do, but by putting yourself in a situation that I stated above you are subjecting yourself to criticism by players who end up being grouped with you.

At 463 average item level I can do at least 60k DPS on all of my nine level 90 characters. At 500 average item level I can do at least 80k DPS on all of my nine level 90 characters. I only have four characters above 510 item level, but they are all capable of doing 120k+ DPS. I have two characters above 550 item level, and they are able to do more than 250k DPS.

Scrub DPS is 50k, or lower, on a character that has above 490 average item level(490 item level is INSANELY easy to get).

I'm not one for being kited in conversations.
    Yeah, you're clearly a straightforward, get-to-the-point, no-nonsense kinda' guy. Which is why it has taken you 67 pages to say absofuckinglutely nothing at all.

Everyone who is better than me is a jerk and has no life, everyone worse than me is a noob

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Yeah, you're clearly a straightforward, get-to-the-point, no-nonsense kinda' guy. Which is why it has taken you 67 pages to say absofuckinglutely nothing at all.
    +1 to you sir!
    Everyone's an atheist, some people just take it one god further.

You can't kill a debt collector and you shouldn't kill a child-Mall Security

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    At 463 average item level I can do at least 60k DPS on all of my nine level 90 characters. At 500 average item level I can do at least 80k DPS on all of my nine level 90 characters. I only have four characters above 510 item level, but they are all capable of doing 120k+ DPS. I have two characters above 550 item level, and they are able to do more than 250k DPS.

Scrub DPS is 50k, or lower, on a character that has above 490 average item level(490 item level is INSANELY easy to get).
    So when I used the 69k/70k example, I was already above scrub status which mean you personally would not yell. But some other person was going ballistic because people were not hitting 125K. People keep missing that I am not talking about people simply getting called out on Scrub DPS. I am talking about people getting balled out completely for no reason other than the LFR General has a little temper.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
    Ist thou perturbed?

The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    More like you have this illusion of not wanting to *coddle* people and use the logic of *Straight Talk*.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

So when I used the 69k/70k example, I was already above scrub status which mean you personally would not yell. But some other person was going ballistic because people were not hitting 125K. People keep missing that I am not talking about people simply getting called out on Scrub DPS. I am talking about people getting balled out completely for no reason other than the LFR General has a little temper.

- - - Updated - - -

Ist thou perturbed?
    496 shouldn't be at 125k dps unless mechanics allow or it. However Inremember seeing 50k on Jin Rokh.

If you have 530 or higher gear and aren't doing like 125k you are doing badly.

The "LFR General" has his reason to be mad, people aren performing well. But do the under performers have a real reason to be doing badly? Most of the time no.

Well, I've said my peace and think assholes should get the boot in certain circumstances, or at least have their chat muted for 2 hours like a time out. With that, I am out. You all enjoy.

Well, I've said my peace and think assholes should get the boot in certain circumstances, or at least have their chat muted for 2 hours like a time out. With that, I am out. You all enjoy.
    I don't have to be nice. I just need to not real te ToS. You have yet to define "asshole behavior" as anything other than criticism. You have been a hypocrit since the start, claiming to be ironic, and have not formulated a single argument as to what these players do that deserves punishment compared to those who get them started in the first place.

What I said ONLY applies to what I think. Others have different scales on which they will or will not consider scrub status.

You have every right to flame the people flaming you, vote kick the people flaming you, or just ignore the people flaming you. Sounds like you just want to censor people that disagree with you or hurt your precious feelings...

Use the report button if all you're worried about is homophobic, racist, sexist, and death treats in chat. Blizzard will ban/suspend their account. They take all those things very seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    If you have 530 or higher gear and aren't doing like 125k you are doing badly.
    If you have lfr weapons, you should be pulling above 125k at around 520~. Hell I am a LFR hero and pull around 170k dps at 528 ilvl on tank n spank fights like Malkorok and Iron Juggernaut.

You are right, we don't pay your $15 a month, but you also don't pay the rest of the raid's $360 a month. By accepting a queue, you are agreeing to work with the rest of the team to the objective of the dungeon. If you deliberately impede the other 24 people because you want to play "your way", then you are agreeing to something you don't want to deliver.

Underskill but trying hard = not a problem.
    Underskill / lazy / don't care / "YOU DON'T PAY MY $15 A MONTH" = worse than any elitist.

The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    It isn't the fact they don't own the game. Elitists never should of. You can not play very much and have a bad attitude like an elitist. Do not fool yourself that hardcore players are always elitists. Because that is wrong. Ignoring them doesn't always work. Especially when we do things in raids. It's a bad excuse.
    Elitism is not bad. You are attaching a bad connotation to elitists that have over the years gotten so beat down by the overwhelming majority of non-elitists that they feel the need to lash out on occasion. Elitism is a good thing and an active part of ANY form of competition. Elitism is derived from becoming a member of some form of Elite group or activity. You do so by meeting the standards of that group which are normally so much higher than ordinary members of that sport or activity that you seem to speak a different language or come from another planet. Without Elitists there would never be any form of improvement in ANY field. Elitists are the ones who are never satisfied with being second best and always try to push the envelope. All the negative statements attached to Elitists are just sour grapes by people who cannot reach their level in any meaningful way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ApeDosMil View Post
    Haha. I like you. Ignore the problem with elitists, because they are "carrying your shitty team." Remember kids, if your boss is yelling at you, embarrassing you in public, and throwing knives at you, it's perfectly legal, because they are paying you minimum wage.

You sir, win the internets.
    You exaggerate. If you are doing a sub par job at your place of employment it IS perfectly within the rights of the management to do all of the above except throw knives at you.

Either accept that at your minimum wage job or IMPROVE yourself until you are the one with the leeway to set the standards.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you even need a guild if you are not raiding? Why do you need the resources available to you by being a member of that guild? What is it's purpose other than a pretend hang out spot?

There is no bad RNG only bad L2P

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    I await your proof that I'm only backing the OP up because I'm bad and got called out. Your post isn't clever and it lacks proof for your claims. How about posting something that can be considered constructive?

My turn:
    Your only posting here because the OP hurt your feelings and now you're very upset about it, so you're trying to be witty to get back at him. Nothing to see here.

That's an equally moronic thing to say, but according to you, it's valid.
    Herd mentality. The weak need to stick together to survive.

I don't see how OP could hurt my feelings though. I knew I was great at the game when I played and my skill proved it, and I often called people out for being terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissme View Post
    The problem comes when bad players expect to clear hardmode content as quickly as average or upper echelon players.
    Accept your limitations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Admittedly, I enjoy beer more as a beverage that I can appreciate rather then getting drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    Herd mentality. The weak need to stick together to survive.
    You assume I'm weak? I pull good DPS. Seeing someone in my group throw a fit over a dps not pulling their weight is just flat out annoying, hence why I don't want scumbags like that in my group. Your only "proof" is a stale generalization that only bad players hate scumbags.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolawl View Post
    I don't see how OP could hurt my feelings though. I knew I was great at the game when I played and my skill proved it, and I often called people out for being terrible.
    It wasn't a serious accusation that I was making. I just made an equally dumb statement based off of no evidence.

Big thanks to Yoni for making this Avatar and Signature!

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Why do you even need a guild if you are not raiding? Why do you need the resources available to you by being a member of that guild? What is it's purpose other than a pretend hang out spot?
    I enjoy good conversation, and helping others. And, as you mentioned, it is also fun to hang out. You are welcome to ask anyone in my guild who contributes the most to the bank and is always helping with guild achieves while helping level it to 25. I am confident I will be among the names of top contributors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    How 'bout no.

LFR does nothing but let you know that you can suck and still get epix. This needs to be remedied.
    Timeless Isle is proof that I suck and can get better epics than LFR.

Step #1: Grow some thicker skin and maybe spend 10 minutes learning how to play instead of 10 minutes whining on forums

Step #2: Research your class and fight mechanics before join a raid with 24 other people. Elitists (aka the people carrying you through the raid) aren't there to hold your hand and most of these "elitists" wouldn't say anything if people:
    a) didn't do stupid shit
    b) pulled their weight
    c) spend 20 minutes researching a fight / class and / or a wing of LFR (or whatever) before queuing and causing the raid to wipe for 4 hours

Step #3: See step #1

Casual is not an excuse for being stupid. I raid 2 nights, 3 hours each night for a total of 6 hours a week working my way through heroic content.

All of this political correctness is whats wrong with LFR. Take a hint, if someone says you're bad ... you're probably bad; and instead of whining and crying and having a tantrum on the forums crying foul, you should go learn how to play and how fights work.

Oh, and before the "I have a real life and I cant dedicate my time like you do to world of warcraft" excuse comes into play, I call bullshit; if you can spend 4 hours in a single, 4 wing boss of lfr wiping repeatedly - you can spend 20 minutes doing some research, watching some videos, and hitting a dummy to work out your rotation / priority so you don't look like a tool in a raid.

Follow those steps and I guarantee you'll see less and less people complaining about anything during a raid - you might even see some of those social aspects of the game come back when things go smoothly because people wont be complaining.
    Last edited by dubious_doomhammer; 2013-12-09 at 02:33 PM.