Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Kara phase is starting to freak me out a little...

Phase #2801 - Karazhan 2: Eclectic Boogaloo has been renamed to Medivh Presents Chessmaster: Illustrious Edition.

Any inside knowledge been found on what's going on with this?

Was super excited about doing something with Kara, but hoping they don't turn it into a huge joke.

They are trolling us lol.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

Quote Originally Posted by Razecog View Post
    Maybe next week they'll rename it "Kara Gone Wild"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. Just a little developer fun targeting people who speculate wildly about every little string change on PTR.

I expect that something will happen with Kara, but this is just TROLOLOLOL.

Deleted
    Someone should tell this guy to stop. It was fun at first. Now it's time to stop.

Deleted
    I think it's some christmas joke, like replacing the pieces on the chess event with christmas good gnomes and whatever vs goblins etc

It's the Codex of Xerrath all over again.... still waiting for my rainbow unicorn fire.

Probably trolling ye.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know their plans.
    Instead of playing against Medivh, you will now have to play against Magnus Carlsen when doing the chess event.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just Blizzard having fun with the dataminers.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Maybe you guys will finally learn to not make huge assumptions based on string changes. They've been telling you not to for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    Maybe you guys will finally learn to not make huge assumptions based on string changes. They've been telling you not to for years.
    Except the whole thing started with a graphical change in addition to the string change. While the recent string changes are jokes, there was probably a reason for the graphical change - even if it ends up being Stromgarde Scenario 2.0.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Except the whole thing started with a graphical change in addition to the string change. While the recent string changes are jokes, there was probably a reason for the graphical change - even if it ends up being Stromgarde Scenario 2.0.
    I'm not saying to assume they're all lies, but don't get your hopes up about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Whales96 View Post
    I'm sure something is going to be happening with Kara after the changes they made to it. I doubt they'd spend resources "cleaning it up" just to make fake strings.

Now, the strings may be just messing around with us as is, but I'm sure something is going to happen whether the current strings are jokes or not.

I just hope they keep the original Kara intact, for me it is the best raid ever put in the game and when ever they have changed existing raids/dungeons in WoW is has been for the worst every single time. I swear they are like a bunch finger painters trying to touch up the Mona Lisa when they mess with original content.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    I just hope they keep the original Kara intact, for me it is the best raid ever put in the game and when ever they have changed existing raids/dungeons in WoW is has been for the worst every single time. I swear they are like a bunch finger painters trying to touch up the Mona Lisa when they mess with original content.

What could go wrong?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This. They know we're speculating heavilly on Kara and its relation to Khadgar and WoD so they're having some fun with the phase name. Sad thing is, there are people who'll bite on the name change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elegorn View Post
    I think it's some christmas joke, like replacing the pieces on the chess event with christmas good gnomes and whatever vs goblins etc
    Actually, that'd be fun.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Medivh Presents Chessmaster: Illustrious Edition.
    LOL. That's a really, really fine troll if you ask me

And now that Blizzard mentions it, Medivh kinda looks like that old man in the Chessmaster Title screen

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope that Karazhan will be included in the pre-expansion event for Warlords of Draenor. Of course in a bigger way than it was during the Wrath of the Lich King one.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're just having fun with us, who get our information from Dataminers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Basmothel
    Lacking ammo, the forum troll darts into the realm of personal insults and doomsaying; the most primitive means of gaining attention from its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyadore View Post
    You know something, none of us ruined the game. We make it better. And so do most of you.