Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bobn9lvu View Post
    If you are worried that she might of put a keylogger/tracking program into your computer,
    save all your must have data (docs, pics, ect) to a thumb drive.
    Then totally wipe your Drive, or get a new drive and re-install the Os on it with 2 good av/malware programs.
    You know you can copy the WHOLE Wow dir to a thumb drive as a backup?
    To restore it copy back and send the loader to desktop as a link.
    If you do not feel that you can do it, take it to a profesional and have them do it.
    It's your peace of mind.
    To secure the computer, you can password lock the bios for booting, and also password your windows login.
    Lol keep her from accessing your computer when you have all this done.

JFYI I have been a computer wizard since 1975.....
    You've been a computer wizard since 1975? What kind of computers did they have in 1975. More importantly, what the hell could you do with them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Guess you don't remember the old punch card systems.....

are you being stalked ingame or irl?

you need to man up if you are freaking out about someone in game doing this

Quote Originally Posted by btorz View Post
    are you being stalked ingame or irl?

you need to man up if you are freaking out about someone in game doing this
    how is it you made it to page 7 without having read a single thing in this entire thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I'm a law student, and well aware how the judicial system works and that child-care disputes generally (but far from always) favor the mother. I don't see how that excuses you from trying, especially now that you have a police report and more evidence to her in addition to that (all the mails/harassment she's sent to you). That games are "all you have" doesn't change this fact whatsoever, but I guess it's nice that you don't have anything remotely important to distract you from what truly matters. The fact that your inability to play a game upsets you more than your sons wellbeing is so pathetic that I have a hard time describing it in words.

How do you know that she does alright as a mother when you essentially don't interact at all? What if she realises that the best "tool" to get your attention is next to her? Parents abusing, harming or even killing their kids is sadly not uncommon.

Unless she's fairly tech-savvy I'd argue that it's far more likely that she simply tracked your in-game character down (achivements, gear, in-game interactions, etc. It's very easy) than her planting spyware in your computer, so if the game is so bloody important to you I'd start a new character instead.

---

What does snapping refer to in this situation? Do you somehow think it's warranted/excused to resort to rage or violence because someone "harps and nags" on you? If you litterally can't stand the way someone speaks to you the only acceptable reaction is to walk away.
    I got what I needed from this thread a few days ago but just thought I would check back up on it to see if there was anymore useful information and this post jumped out at me.

My apologies man, boy, lady or whatever the case may be, but you attempt to come off as intelligent yet fall far short. Look at this garbage you wrote:

"The fact that your inability to play a game upsets you more than your sons wellbeing is so pathetic that I have a hard time describing it in words."

You're shaping up to be a fine lawyer, that is if Lionel Hutz could be considered such. "The fact" you say? I cannot believe you actually wrote that my inability to play a game upsets me more than my son’s well-being! How dare you be so grandiose and presumptuous as to assume I don’t care about my boy more than a goddamn game. This is a friggin’ gaming forum so of course my time spend here is going to focus more on speaking to, well, gaming. Listen, fool, before you speak of facts, you should really get to know of a situation on more intimate level before you go off with your condemnation – do that not teach you that at law school, or are you only taking night classes to be a paralegal and are here as a poser? I mean that’s kinda how it seems. You have no clue about the time I spend with my son, what I have done for the boy, or the intricate details of my relationship or the case, just the broadswords strokes I made relating the story – hardly enough to appeal to fact. Here I have a child who I would die for, and I have some smug internet jackass acting like he knows what’s up on a deeper level enough the open a statement with “the fact…”
    If you were so well-fucking-versed you’d know that in many situations like this someone can be a shitty partner but at the same time be an excellent parent, and that is the case here. I thought I made that crystal fucking clear. Let me break it down into bite-size chinks so you get it. The woman is a shitty lover, but an awesome mother – I don’t HAVE to worry about his well-being with her and when he is with her (something I don’t mind for my son’s well-being) I have free time and in that free time I play games. I don’t lie, not even in court. We went on and on about her abuse, but the judge looked right at me and asked “is she a bad mother” and I had to say “no.” I answered truthfully (although I wanted to lie) because she isn’t a bad mother, she is just a bitch to me and whatever BF she has. In my son’s best interest, I am not going to take him from a mother he loves like you wouldn’t believe (and from a mother that loves him) just because me and her cannot get along and she has attachment issues. Thus I care about my son’s well-being more than my own. Perhaps, like a good law student, if you could appeal to logic and reason, you’d get that. But you failed.

You really, really need to reassess you position – if you really are going out to be a lawyer, you’re gonna fuck up a lot of lives if you’re of the mindset demonstrated in your response here. Then again, perhaps it’s to be expected – one reason lawyers are so often hated more than cancer. Asshole.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys thanks a ton for the help, but I am done here. I came here on a WoW board to get help moreso with WoW. What a complete boob this Cookie character. Sure hope he doesn't get into family law - it's one of the most complex types of law to practice. Stick with real estate or something, bro. Clearly he doesn't have what it takes. I had a lot more people far more intelligent than him working on this case and we got split custody, something we were both happy with. The woman is not killing her son. She may be a flaming bitch, but she is not killing our kid.

[This post was infracted for flaming.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-12-10 at 01:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given that the OP got the answers they needed and that this thread seems to have come full circle, I'm closing it.