Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Getting Stalked in WoW

    Hey there folks

    I am going through some very intense RL issues with my ex who has used WoW to track me in the past. She would follow my character, call me up and say something like "well you were raiding on Thursday but you ain't got time for me." I know this all sounds funny from the outside (esp since I am a guy getting stalked by a girl), but this is a very serious issue for me.

    So to stop this I transferred my character to a new server, to a FRESH ACCOUNT and gave it a fresh name and she found me anyway. How the hell did she do that and how can I hide my character from her? I am even worried about posting on the official forums (I did in the past, but haven't since I transferred my monk to the new account), I have a 1 alt I use for that. I have to hide behind a damn alt not because I am a troll, but because I am being stalked IR friggin L.

    I have a police report here evidence of her abuse and am really thinking about sending this to Blizzard in an attempt to get my account somehow delisted from their public database. It's not like I can report her to Blizzard, she doesn't even play anymore.

    I hate these damn tracking sites so much it hurts. It seems as if I have to just delete my toon and start from scratch on yet another account! I have my cloak, have just pushed to wave 25 endless in the PG, I was respected in my old guild as a nice and accomplished player - I had to leave them; found a new guild, got some heroic gear etc etc.... I have a nice ilvl 560+ toon and I don't wanna delete her.

    How am I being tracked even after transferring Across accounts? What the fuck?

  2. #2
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    33,094
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch Way View Post
    I know this all sounds funny from the outside (esp since I am a guy getting stalked by a girl), but this is a very serious issue for me.
    There is nothing funny about being stalked. Gender should have nothing to do with it.

    She can probably track you through WoWProgress.com or any of the addons that allow alt tracking. Your best bet is to talk to Blizzard about it. Online harassment is against the TOS.



  3. #3
    Watch out or she might find this post...

    Was it a whole new bnet account or on the same bnet account?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    There is nothing funny about being stalked. Gender should have nothing to do with it.

    She can probably track you through WoWProgress.com or any of the addons that allow alt tracking. Your best bet is to talk to Blizzard about it. Online harassment is against the TOS.
    I tried tracking myself on wowprogress but it doesn't say anything about my old server or name. That's what's odd.

  5. #5
    Over 9000! Hyve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    9,576
    Call Blizzard about the matter, and inform them. They can (and in the past, have) take action to prevent this sort of behavior.

  6. #6
    Ever thought about trojan horses or something?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Talzz View Post
    Watch out or she might find this post...

    Was it a whole new bnet account or on the same bnet account?
    I got an entirely new account, brand new serial end all. Transferred my main from my old account to the new one. So it was a whole new account.

  8. #8
    while i can't offer any advice on the situation, i do have a burning question: how is she stalking you in game without playing? o_0 you said she doesn't play anymore, so how is she still stalking you?

    also, she sounds fucking mental. some serious attachment issues there. be glad she's your ex

  9. #9

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,154
    Quote Originally Posted by The Usual Suspect View Post
    I wish I had a stalker.
    obviously you've never been stalked before
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  12. #12
    Super Moderator Darsithis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    33,094
    If it's a whole new battlenet it's probable that there are two things:

    1 - She has a keylogger that screenshots and emails her what you're doing. I used one once to catch my partner cheating on me.
    2 - She knows you really well and guessed...and turned out to be right.



  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by suitepee7 View Post
    while i can't offer any advice on the situation, i do have a burning question: how is she stalking you in game without playing? o_0 you said she doesn't play anymore, so how is she still stalking you?

    also, she sounds fucking mental. some serious attachment issues there. be glad she's your ex
    She's looking me up somehow, on the armory I guess, to find out what I've been doing. The thing gives information down to the hour. What I am curious about is how she tied my character on my old account to the new account I transferred it to.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'll check out this virus stuff you guys are speaking of. She did have access to my machine about a month ago. She went to the WoW forums and posted a suicide note on my account, went to the GW2 forums and made some very nasty death threats to random people AND made threats on people's life on youtube. She actually got the cops sent to my house doing this. How she got access to my comp... long story.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    obviously you've never been stalked before
    Nope. When you're not Brad Pitt you don't really get to enjoy that particular experience.

  15. #15
    Did she ever even play wow?
    Perhaps it's an in-game friend/friend that knows what you're doing and told her :P
    Seems kinda far fetched while thinking about it...

  16. #16
    Either way, my time here is limited. I gotta head off to work here in a few. I'll check back here after I get off. Thanks for the pointers guys. I am really challenged by all this technical mumbo jumbo - so whatever suggestions you give me, please dumb it down.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Witch Way View Post
    She's looking me up somehow, on the armory I guess, to find out what I've been doing. The thing gives information down to the hour. What I am curious about is how she tied my character on my old account to the new account I transferred it to.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'll check out this virus stuff you guys are speaking of. She did have access to my machine about a month ago. She went to the WoW forums and posted a suicide note on my account, went to the GW2 forums and made some very nasty death threats to random people AND made threats on people's life on youtube. She actually got the cops sent to my house doing this. How she got access to my comp... long story.
    I would definitely check for the virus. But 'new account' is still vague.

    Is your account under the same battle.net account? As in, do you still use the same email address to log in? Buying the game a second time and attaching it to the same email address still attaches that new account to the same battle.net account, in which case it's fairly easy to track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a building's about to collapse, you can debate whether it's better to demolish it or repair it, and you can make political-agenda arguments either way. Disputing gravity itself to claim it won't fall down is not a political position, it's just ignorance.

  18. #18
    Bloodsail Admiral Avada Kedavra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    MN - USA
    Posts
    1,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    If it's a whole new battlenet it's probable that there are two things:

    1 - She has a keylogger that screenshots and emails her what you're doing. I used one once to catch my partner cheating on me.
    2 - She knows you really well and guessed...and turned out to be right.
    People need to learn that pissing off a techie will not usually end well. the neighbors below me were huge ass hats to me and were banging on their ceiling (my floor) for no reason, so I went into their unsecured router and blocked all the mac addresses from connecting and changed their SSID to "APT 204-we are assholes"

    OT: that sounds creepy - but maybe put them on ignore? talk to blizz - best way to solve it.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    I would definitely check for the virus. But 'new account' is still vague.

    Is your account under the same battle.net account? As in, do you still use the same email address to log in? Buying the game a second time and attaching it to the same email address still attaches that new account to the same battle.net account, in which case it's fairly easy to track.
    Different e-mails, but I did use the same RL name, of course.

    So she's tracking my account and not my actual toon? Is there a site that does that that I can delist my stuff?

    ughhh... I am gonna be so late to work. I'll try to keep up with this on my phone.
    Last edited by Witch Way; 2013-12-05 at 05:12 PM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by The Usual Suspect View Post
    I wish I had a stalker.
    I know that feel.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •