Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The most likely scenario is that you have communicated some information to a third party and they have relayed that information to your ex. You could have done it in game when playing or chatting with another player. You could have done it out of game. Unless there is some kind of security loophole at Blizzard (which I highly doubt), your ex has some kind of spyware on your system (like Spectersoft programs), or she is a computer genius, the third party is more likely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witch Way View Post
    She's looking me up somehow, on the armory I guess, to find out what I've been doing. The thing gives information down to the hour. What I am curious about is how she tied my character on my old account to the new account I transferred it to.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll check out this virus stuff you guys are speaking of. She did have access to my machine about a month ago. She went to the WoW forums and posted a suicide note on my account, went to the GW2 forums and made some very nasty death threats to random people AND made threats on people's life on youtube. She actually got the cops sent to my house doing this. How she got access to my comp... long story.
    Some spyware programs do not show up on most scanners. Programs such as Spectersoft software are often omitted, because they are blatantly overt on the install.

And just to be clear, I earn a living as a computer tech. I clean crap like this up all of the time. I am not just talking out of my ass.
    Last edited by dontknowdoya; 2013-12-05 at 06:37 PM.

I would say that it's more likely that either a guildie or a person on your realID is relaying information to her.
    That aside, I would suggest doing a few things.
    Install Adwcleaner to clean your browsers (If you have Google Chrome and it targets your preferences, that's fine). Adwcleaner uninstalls after use, you need to use the "save" option when downloading if you want it to stay on the computer, otherwise it just runs and leaves a log inside a folder of what was cleaned.
    After that, download Malwarebytes and do a full scan.
    If you still have any questions and need help with checking your computer for Malware, I would direct you to Beeping Computer, as their support staff is one of the most helpful that I have seen; it's safe and reliable as long as you use links from moderators.

*Apologies for linking another forum, but the support there is most likely going to be more useful than what he could get on the Computer sub-forum.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

If you are worried that she might of put a keylogger/tracking program into your computer,
    save all your must have data (docs, pics, ect) to a thumb drive.
    Then totally wipe your Drive, or get a new drive and re-install the Os on it with 2 good av/malware programs.
    You know you can copy the WHOLE Wow dir to a thumb drive as a backup?
    To restore it copy back and send the loader to desktop as a link.
    If you do not feel that you can do it, take it to a profesional and have them do it.
    It's your peace of mind.
    To secure the computer, you can password lock the bios for booting, and also password your windows login.
    Lol keep her from accessing your computer when you have all this done.

JFYI I have been a computer wizard since 1975.....
    Last edited by bobn9lvu; 2013-12-05 at 06:46 PM. Reason: typo
    My Armory - Tenzi

Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    A crazy person with access to your system could have installed something, yes. I would consider it compromised.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Start with this. Download it, install it, update it, run it. If you are computer-savvy enough to remove the hard drive and scan it from a trusted computer, do that. Otherwise do not leave the computer unattended while it's running, just in case she can control things remotely.
    Forgot one step: Download it, install it, update it, unplug your computer from the network and turn off the wireless, then run it.

Your toon keeps all of its achievements. It has the same achievement points, and the same dates on all the achievements even after transferring, name-changing etc. All she had to do was look for the character with the same number of achievement points, and check your achievements list/dates. It's really not that hard with all the tracking websites out there. Short of creating a new account she will easily be able to track your character. It's even easier when she can filter that list to a certain class/race/gender.

I am wondering since there is a son involved if there is a much better way of dealing with this. While I generally like getting the police involved in stalking situations I can't help but feel that it will just escalate the situation and your son will become a pawn in your little war. If your able I would sit down with her maybe in a public place and just find out what "emotional support" she is seeking. I think it's clear she is not over the break-up and maybe is looking to get back with you?

And yes in the meantime I would wipe your computer and reinstall programs from their original CD's or trustworthy websites.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    I would say that it's more likely that either a guildie or a person on your realID is relaying information to her.
    That aside, I would suggest doing a few things.
    Install Adwcleaner to clean your browsers (If you have Google Chrome and it targets your preferences, that's fine). Adwcleaner uninstalls after use, you need to use the "save" option when downloading if you want it to stay on the computer, otherwise it just runs and leaves a log inside a folder of what was cleaned.
    After that, download Malwarebytes and do a full scan.
    If you still have any questions and need help with checking your computer for Malware, I would direct you to Beeping Computer, as their support staff is one of the most helpful that I have seen; it's safe and reliable as long as you use links from moderators.

*Apologies for linking another forum, but the support there is most likely going to be more useful than what he could get on the Computer sub-forum.
    All of that is sound advice. However, those programs handle Malware. Programs like the ones provided by Specter soft generally do NOT show up because they are overtly installed programs. She had full access to his computer, she could have put such a program on the system. I know this because I run cleanups on 2 of my clients computers and they have this monitoring software installed on them (they watch their employees). I still say the more likely way she found out was through a third party.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bobn9lvu View Post
    If you are worried that she might of put a keylogger/tracking program into your computer,
    save all your must have data (docs, pics, ect) to a thumb drive.
    Then totally wipe your Drive, or get a new drive and re-install the Os on it with 2 good av/malware programs.
    You know you can copy the WHOLE Wow dir to a thumb drive as a backup?
    To restore it copy back and send the loader to desktop as a link.
    If you do not feel that you can do it, take it to a profesional and have them do it.
    It's your peace of mind.
    To secure the computer, you can password lock the bios for booting, and also password your windows login.
    Lol keep her from accessing your computer when you have all this done.

JFYI I have been a computer wizard since 1975.....
    This is the best way if you think she has a key logger.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I don’t care if you spend time with [our Son] or how much money you give, you need to spend time with me, and you will. How can you expect me to be a good mother if I don’t have your emotional support? So stop playing games, and I mean that literally, and spend time with me. By that I mean I know you were raiding on Tuesday night, you killed up to Thok. How many hours did that take, loser? Transfer all you want, I could have found Bin Laden if charged with the task. You have a duty to your job, your son, and above all me. I fucking love you."
    Isn't she an ex?

You have obligation to spend time with current partner.
    You have obligation to spend time with your child.
    You have no obligation to spend time with your ex, tell her to find another man to stalk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey there folks

I am going through some very intense RL issues with my ex who has used WoW to track me in the past. She would follow my character, call me up and say something like "well you were raiding on Thursday but you ain't got time for me." I know this all sounds funny from the outside (esp since I am a guy getting stalked by a girl), but this is a very serious issue for me.

So to stop this I transferred my character to a new server, to a FRESH ACCOUNT and gave it a fresh name and she found me anyway. How the hell did she do that and how can I hide my character from her? I am even worried about posting on the official forums (I did in the past, but haven't since I transferred my monk to the new account), I have a 1 alt I use for that. I have to hide behind a damn alt not because I am a troll, but because I am being stalked IR friggin L.

I have a police report here evidence of her abuse and am really thinking about sending this to Blizzard in an attempt to get my account somehow delisted from their public database. It's not like I can report her to Blizzard, she doesn't even play anymore.

I hate these damn tracking sites so much it hurts. It seems as if I have to just delete my toon and start from scratch on yet another account! I have my cloak, have just pushed to wave 25 endless in the PG, I was respected in my old guild as a nice and accomplished player - I had to leave them; found a new guild, got some heroic gear etc etc.... I have a nice ilvl 560+ toon and I don't wanna delete her.

How am I being tracked even after transferring Across accounts? What the fuck?
    If she doesn't play anymore how is she being an in-game problem? Just confused on that part.

If she's not playing but keeping an account just to stalk you, I'd really consider reporting it has harassment and letting them know how much of a problem she's being for you both there AND in real life. I mean god, WoW is supposed to be an escape, that sucks that you can't even just get away from the real world crap while there. :\

Personally... she needs to be ip banned in game, restraining order in real life, and change phone number.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing one of three things is happening:

1. She DOES still play, just to keep tabs on you, and it's through a secret account.

2. She's getting her information from someone else, either a friend on your Real ID or someone you talked to "in real life".

3. She is actually using keyloggers or other such things to keep track of what you're doing.

All are highly possible, but I personally doubt it's #3.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would think the highest likelihood here is that she has managed to put something on you computer. In your shoes, the first thing I would do is scan for any type of program. If you are unable to find anything, and she is still sending you messages like that, my next move would be to completely wipe the hard drive and change passwords on every single possible internet-connected account that I have.

Putting the game aside for a moment, you need to document every single thing she sends you and get a lawyer. If they can prove it's not safe for your child to be with her - she sounds insane, frankly - then you can get custody. If you can't or don't want custody for some reason you should at least be able to get some sort of supervised visitation so you don't have to meet up with her alone. Going through a trial would also likely result in her being ordered to get the help she so obviously needs.

Also, to some of the replies in thread...any sort of stalking can be scary and serious.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-12-06 at 03:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    1 - She has a keylogger that screenshots and emails her what you're doing. I used one once to catch my partner cheating on me.
    Whoa, a bit offtopic but Darsithis, that sounds fucked up as hell. Using keyloggers to spy on your girlfriends/boyfriends private chats. Wow.

I would work on getting full custody of your child and legally keeping her as far away as possible...

Their are a ton of websites that track charectors. A guildy of mine recently has been experiencing a lot of harrasment from a guild on skullcrusher. These people wernt ex bf-gf's they were just psychotic. First day I downloaded Oque to do some t14 for mog, i get members from their guild in my group. They transferred toons to our server on emerald dream, they follow us around and are generally annoying more or less. Reported tons of times for harrassment as they make level 1 toons and spam us constantly in raid. Blizzard has been slow to do anything about this. Good luck. has been going on for 7 months now

Theres no need for a keylogger. Back in the day there were already sites that could guess what happened to a character based on gear alone and the fact that it suddenly appeared on the armory one day and wasn't there the day before, while vanishing on another server a day earlier. Achievment points with dates make this thing a 100% surefire way nowadays. Some of guildies made use of that before to track down ninja looters and assholes in the past, its not exactly brain surgery.

Only way to get her off your tail would a completly new battle net account (no, not just another game on your battle net account) and starting from scratch, as you already said yourself in your op.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Givemount View Post
    Whoa, a bit offtopic but Darsithis, that sounds fucked up as hell. Using keyloggers to spy on your girlfriends/boyfriends private chats. Wow.
    One, it was my computer. Two, he would stay at my place during the day most of the week but somehow would fail to answer his phone if I called. After a few months I started to grow suspicious of what was keeping him away from the phone if I called, so I asked him. He told me that he would "fall asleep". It kept going on so finally I decided to see what he was up to online while using my PC in my home. He was finding guys to hook up with and bringing them into MY bed.

OT: Someone mentioned that she might just be checking achievements & achievement dates to find you. That's quite possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    I would work on getting full custody of your child and legally keeping her as far away as possible...
    Good luck with that. It's hard for a man to win against a woman

10+ Year Old Account
    God why can't she leave him the fuck alone and let him live his life?

Mind my language, but seriously this is fucked up.
    For the Horde!

Maybe I watch to much internet stuff, but I would take this seriously. Ex's can do some crazy things.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecloak View Post
    Maybe I watch to much internet stuff, but I would take this seriously. Ex's can do some crazy things.
    He obviously does, but with a kid in the picture he can't just cut all ties with her. I also have a hard time condemnig her outright without having heard her part of the story, I've met enough delusional people to know to never judge until you have both sides.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey there folks

I am going through some very intense RL issues with my ex who has used WoW to track me in the past. She would follow my character, call me up and say something like "well you were raiding on Thursday but you ain't got time for me." I know this all sounds funny from the outside (esp since I am a guy getting stalked by a girl), but this is a very serious issue for me.

So to stop this I transferred my character to a new server, to a FRESH ACCOUNT and gave it a fresh name and she found me anyway. How the hell did she do that and how can I hide my character from her? I am even worried about posting on the official forums (I did in the past, but haven't since I transferred my monk to the new account), I have a 1 alt I use for that. I have to hide behind a damn alt not because I am a troll, but because I am being stalked IR friggin L.

I have a police report here evidence of her abuse and am really thinking about sending this to Blizzard in an attempt to get my account somehow delisted from their public database. It's not like I can report her to Blizzard, she doesn't even play anymore.

I hate these damn tracking sites so much it hurts. It seems as if I have to just delete my toon and start from scratch on yet another account! I have my cloak, have just pushed to wave 25 endless in the PG, I was respected in my old guild as a nice and accomplished player - I had to leave them; found a new guild, got some heroic gear etc etc.... I have a nice ilvl 560+ toon and I don't wanna delete her.

How am I being tracked even after transferring Across accounts? What the fuck?
    several ways I can think of.

she has an alt you don't know about lurking in your old guild or vent and knew about your transfer ahead of time or found out by saying "man what ever happened to Samiam? I haven't seen him in forever!" and someone will go "oh he transferred to [server name] because of his crazy ex" "*gasp irl* DO TELL!"

next thing you know she is an alt in your new guild or went hunting on the server's guild websites until she found your app (if youre a raider and had to do that sort of thing) that listed your class, race, spec, gear, previous guild, etc and confirmed it.